Author Topic: SCR 1615 - State Sovereignty Resolution  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
SCR 1615 - State Sovereignty Resolution
« on: March 30, 2010, 10:15:40 PM »
SCR 1615 passed yesterday in the Kansas House.  It's a good start for Kansans.

https://kansasliberty.com/politics-policy/bills-to-watch/2010/State-Sovereignty-tenth-amendment-resolution/

Some of the Kansas Dems thing by passing this, Kansas must want to strip Americanized Africans of their citizenship

Quote from: Anthony Hensley
Even though the resolution is non-binding, I cannot in good conscience go on the record as if supporting the repeal of these two federal laws, which granted fundamental rights of U.S. citizenship to African-Americans.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: SCR 1615 - State Sovereignty Resolution
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 10:18:55 PM »
Kansas well on their way to embarrassing themselves again.   :lol:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 10:21:03 PM »
Kansas well on their way to embarrassing themselves again.   :lol:

What do you care, you stupid rough ridin' okie?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 10:23:17 PM »
We (the rest of the country) laugh at Kansas.  A lot.  No state even comes close to the punchlines that Kansas gets.   :lol:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 11:01:46 PM »
We (the rest of the country) laugh at Kansas.  A lot.  No state even comes close to the punchlines that Kansas gets.   :lol:

oklahoma...we wish we were texas.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 11:03:10 PM »
Yup... Kansas is the only one to do something like this.

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/nullification/10th-amendment-resolutions/

Oh.... and would you look at that.... Oklahoma passed one last year....

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=67229

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 10:22:50 AM »
Never said Oklahoma wasn't Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Just love the knee-jerk reaction of dick-hurt republicans when something doesn't go there way.  Nut up, pussies.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 12:49:08 PM »
Pretty sure the reason Kansas (and something like 36 other states) are passing these has to do with the amount of Medicare money they'll be stripped from.

I think the new "healthcare overhaul" effects all states not on in the Northeast and California regarding federal funding for medicaid/medicare in a very negative way.  Basically, the overhaul includes rerouting the majority of the funding to the NE and Cali.  Leaving the other states with the bill for all the new people they'll have to provide coverage for.  States with small budgets can't afford this and don't want to (or can't feasibly) "nut up".

Of course, it could just be a dick-hurt reaction   :facepalm:

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 01:04:02 PM »
Looks like Terrorist_Cat will even get to vote on it later this year, since it'll be on the ballot in OK.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 01:14:56 PM »
OK_Cat's response was very Alinsky-esque.

I heard they were going to start making high schoolers read Alinsky in civics.  Typical.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 02:11:16 PM »
Looks like Terrorist_Cat will even get to vote on it later this year, since it'll be on the ballot in OK.

It'll never make it to ballot.  Our governor (democrat, pure american patriot) Brad Henry will dick-slap them down at the last minute.  pretty awesome to be on the winning team.   :bwpopcorn:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 09:33:56 PM »

I heard they were going to start making high schoolers read Alinsky in civics.  Typical.

Got it in college.  Why not?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 09:36:48 PM »

You mean your professor (or teacher) made you read Alinsky?  I don't think you've ever mentioned that before!

:surprised:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:38:29 PM by Chingon »

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 10:30:54 PM »

You mean your professor (or teacher) made you read Alinsky?  I don't think you've ever mentioned that before!

:surprised:

This really is a sad little meltdown you're having.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 10:34:33 PM »
I can't help myself, it's that damn ALINSKY!  He brainwashed me with his communist words and phrase.

What can I do? :ohnoes:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 10:45:46 PM »
I can't help myself, it's that damn ALINSKY!  He brainwashed me with his communist words and phrase.

What can I do? :ohnoes:

Study up on the Reagan presidency

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 11:35:25 PM »
Pretty sure the reason Kansas (and something like 36 other states) are passing these has to do with the amount of Medicare money they'll be stripped from.

I think the new "healthcare overhaul" effects all states not on in the Northeast and California regarding federal funding for medicaid/medicare in a very negative way.  Basically, the overhaul includes rerouting the majority of the funding to the NE and Cali.  Leaving the other states with the bill for all the new people they'll have to provide coverage for.
  States with small budgets can't afford this and don't want to (or can't feasibly) "nut up".

You got that backwards. California, Massachusetts and a smattering of other states which previously expanded Medicaid coverage on their own, within their own borders, will get less federal aid than those that have been stingier with their Medicaid programs. Don't know where you get the rerouting of majority funding going to the NE and Cali either.

I agree that states are facing an enormous financial obligation however. 
Nebraska  :bigtoke:

Sugar Dick

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 10:37:33 AM »

I think the new "healthcare overhaul" effects all states not on in the Northeast and California regarding federal funding for medicaid/medicare in a very negative way.  Basically, the overhaul includes rerouting the majority of the funding to the NE and Cali.  Leaving the other states with the bill for all the new people they'll have to provide coverage for.
  States with small budgets can't afford this and don't want to (or can't feasibly) "nut up".

You got that backwards. California, Massachusetts and a smattering of other states which previously expanded Medicaid coverage on their own, within their own borders, will get less federal aid than those that have been stingier with their Medicaid programs. Don't know where you get the rerouting of majority funding going to the NE and Cali either.

I agree that states are facing an enormous financial obligation however. 
Nebraska  :bigtoke:

I wish I could say you cleared up what I was trying to say, but the subpoint is more or less what I was trying to say.  States don't want to pony up more cash to cover people that can't/won't/don't buy or receive their own healthcare.  That's why their passing these amendments, etc.  While it's certainly political to a degree (repubs trying to get more votes), it should be about what's best for the people of that state.

Main Point - this isn't a game with winners and losers.  The Democrats didn't win and the Republicans didn't lose.  The people are the ones stuck with it, and it should be looked at that way.  I'm sick and tired of watching idiot politicians and pundits treating this crap as a "victory", the media writing a bunch of crap about how great it is for so-and-so's party, and nobody knows how it actually effects them. 

The fact of the matter is healthcare quality and quantity is going down for those that currently have it.  Only an insane person would believe that adding 30 million people to a pool with a static number of providers is going to improve healthcare.  Only an even more insane person would believe that adding 30 million, many of whom are already sick, is going to make insurance cheaper.  All this does is disincentivise buying insurance until you get sick, and create an enormous new entitlement for people that did nothing (other than exist as a U.S. citizen) to earn it.  The entitlement programs we have in place are ridiculous failures, and there's no reason to think this one won't be either.

Politics are disgusting.  It's for losers that aren't good at sports or don't have a hobby and need something else to cling to.  They f*ck around with every bodies lives to appeaze a very small segment of the population.  The consequences to average person is enormous, and the average idiot (i.e. OK_Cat) brags about how his side one and everyone else is stupid.  They say this with a huge fat government male genitals stuck in their mouth.  But hey, it feels so good to say you want everyone to have healthcare.  :flush: