Author Topic: Articles of Freedom  (Read 5387 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
Articles of Freedom
« on: February 03, 2010, 09:03:59 PM »
http://www.cc2009.us/images/pdf/Articles-of-Freedom.12.24.2009.pdf

Preface
Across many administrations and years, by each branch of government, through each major political party, the Constitution for The United States has been violated. The People have formally Petitioned the Government for Redress of the violations in the most humble of terms. The People and their Petitions have been ignored. Each un-remedied violation has taken its toll with dire impact on our economic interests, our people, our quality and way of life and our international and national reputations.
We hold this Truth to be Self- Evident:
Any action, by any branch of the Government, that is
repugnant to the Constitution, is null and void.
On November 11, 2009, and for eleven days continuing morning, noon and night, Citizens of America gathered in St. Charles, Illinois, as Delegates from each of forty-eight States, to discuss these violations, and Government?s refusal to be held accountable, and to recommend a course of action to restore Constitutional Obedience in a Constitutional Republic now challenged to Its core. These were not professional legislators, wordsmiths or attorneys.
These were ordinary, non-aligned citizens from across America and all walks of life. They set aside their lives for this Assembly. They represent You and Me, the Free People of America. The conclusion of their efforts is This Document called
„„Articles of Freedom.??
It is proposed that these Articles be distributed to All in the Land with the
intent to draw the attention and courage of a “goodly number of millions of
People” who, entitled to their Freedom and essential to Its maintenance,
Arise to Restore the Constitution for the United States of America.
Then and only then shall America?s Destiny be Fulfilled.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Articles of Freedom
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 09:28:51 PM »
Did they wear powdered wigs and try to play characters or did they write like that on purpose?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:42:16 PM »
http://www.cc2009.us/images/pdf/Articles-of-Freedom.12.24.2009.pdf

Preface
Across many administrations and years, by each branch of government, through each major political party, the Constitution for The United States has been violated. The People have formally Petitioned the Government for Redress of the violations in the most humble of terms. The People and their Petitions have been ignored. Each un-remedied violation has taken its toll with dire impact on our economic interests, our people, our quality and way of life and our international and national reputations.
We hold this Truth to be Self- Evident:
Any action, by any branch of the Government, that is
repugnant to the Constitution, is null and void.
On November 11, 2009, and for eleven days continuing morning, noon and night, Citizens of America gathered in St. Charles, Illinois, as Delegates from each of forty-eight States, to discuss these violations, and Government?s refusal to be held accountable, and to recommend a course of action to restore Constitutional Obedience in a Constitutional Republic now challenged to Its core. These were not professional legislators, wordsmiths or attorneys.
These were ordinary, non-aligned citizens from across America and all walks of life. They set aside their lives for this Assembly. They represent You and Me, the Free People of America. The conclusion of their efforts is This Document called
„„Articles of Freedom.??
It is proposed that these Articles be distributed to All in the Land with the
intent to draw the attention and courage of a “goodly number of millions of
People” who, entitled to their Freedom and essential to Its maintenance,
Arise to Restore the Constitution for the United States of America.
Then and only then shall America?s Destiny be Fulfilled.

48 states? I'm guessing they left out Hawaii and Alaska... What about all the oil up there  :confused:

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:33:40 PM »

48 states? I'm guessing they left out Hawaii and Alaska... What about all the oil up there  :confused:

Nope.  You'll have to read at the link to figure out which states they were.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 04:24:10 PM »
Sorry, just because you gather random people from most the states doesnt mean theyre not idiots

BTW, no idea if this is Dem/Repub garbage and dont care.  The notion that if you can find one person from 96% or the states, your cause is just...thats stupid.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 04:31:56 PM »
Sorry, just because you gather random people from most the states doesnt mean theyre not idiots

BTW, no idea if this is Dem/Repub garbage and dont care.  The notion that if you can find one person from 96% or the states, your cause is just...thats stupid.

How many people signed the Declaration of Independence?  How many worked on the Constitution?

But you are right.... A group of people working to create something doesn't make them smart.

Take the Apollo Alliance and the Stimulus Bill for example.

But regardless of what program, declaration, bill, product is created, it NEVER involves everyone.  So what's your point?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 04:42:56 PM »

How many people signed the Declaration of Independence?  How many worked on the Constitution?

But you are right.... A group of people working to create something doesn't make them smart.

But regardless of what program, declaration, bill, product is created, it NEVER involves everyone.  So what's your point?
If every group of 48 people who got together got an audience with the highest ranking officials in the government, nothing would get done.

Petitioning the government for redress?  Its putting on a show for (I'm guessing cuz I'm still not reading that crap) right-wing news outlets.  You want to make a difference, you're better off voting and campaigning.  Instead when your party loses, its a big dog and pony show and talk of oppression.

Look, I'm was sick of hearing all that "America, love it or leave it crap."  Now that the White House has changed parties its all "This is not our America and we want it back"  Nobody says love it or leave it now, that only works when your party is in power and people are trying to suppress real discussion.  I'm all for real discussion, but that's not what these people are trying.  They are trying a publicity stunt.

JIMHO  :dunno:

I'm sure I'll get painted as some hardcore dem now.  Frankly, I think both parties suck most of the time.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 04:53:59 PM »

If every group of 48 people who got together got an audience with the highest ranking officials in the government, nothing would get done.

Petitioning the government for redress?  Its putting on a show for (I'm guessing cuz I'm still not reading that crap) right-wing news outlets.  You want to make a difference, you're better off voting and campaigning.  Instead when your party loses, its a big dog and pony show and talk of oppression.

Look, I'm was sick of hearing all that "America, love it or leave it crap."  Now that the White House has changed parties its all "This is not our America and we want it back"  Nobody says love it or leave it now, that only works when your party is in power and people are trying to suppress real discussion.  I'm all for real discussion, but that's not what these people are trying.  They are trying a publicity stunt.

I'm sure I'll get painted as some hardcore dem now.  Frankly, I think both parties suck most of the time.

I will completely agree on the bolded part, which is why we need to blow out congress and get a fresh set of minds in there, from all parties.

---

But the people that created this document did so with the foundation of this country in mind.  Is it wrong to want your country to remain the same country that it generally always has been?  There are a lot of pissed off people that, until recently, have never followed politics before (I'm one of them).  Obama threw the frog in the boiling water and forcibly brought many people into the political landscape.  How many people would you like to have sign the petition of grievances before the gov't should address it?  200?  1000? 1000000?  20% of the population?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 05:06:16 PM »

I will completely agree on the bolded part, which is why we need to blow out congress and get a fresh set of minds in there, from all parties.

---

But the people that created this document did so with the foundation of this country in mind.  Is it wrong to want your country to remain the same country that it generally always has been?  There are a lot of pissed off people that, until recently, have never followed politics before (I'm one of them).  Obama threw the frog in the boiling water and forcibly brought many people into the political landscape.  How many people would you like to have sign the petition of grievances before the gov't should address it?  200?  1000? 1000000?  20% of the population?

If enough people were concerned, it would at least be a voting issues in enough key elections that it would be addressed.   And they are, and their issues are.  This showing doesn't do anything to change any of it.

I hardly think Obama was the one that heated up the political landscape.  Clinton's infidelities seemed to start things and Bush elevated them.  <Thats as it seems to me but then again I'd guess a lot of it could just depend on my age and when I started paying attention

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 05:21:58 PM »

---

If enough people were concerned, it would at least be a voting issues in enough key elections that it would be addressed.   And they are, and their issues are.  This showing doesn't do anything to change any of it.

I hardly think Obama was the one that heated up the political landscape.  Clinton's infidelities seemed to start things and Bush elevated them.  <Thats as it seems to me but then again I'd guess a lot of it could just depend on my age and when I started paying attention

I don't think Clinton had anything to do with heating up the political landscape for the general public.  While blowjobgate was mainstream news, it really had no focused intensity from the average American.  Did they follow it?  Perhaps.  It was very tabloid.  Between it and the OJ mess, it definitely focused people into the National Enquirer mindset.

Bush Jr. definitely motivated the left.  During his term, the internet became a vibrant source of political info that just wasn't available prior to that.  Bloggers, etc. found a niche.  The hatestorm focused at Bush was fueled by the bloggers.  It wasn't until late in his term that most conservatives really began to ire.  "I've abandoned the free market system to save the free-market system" was a major eye-opener.  Rewarding failure instead of using it as a teaching tool (bailouts) was another.  So in essence, it was Bush that got everyone focused.  Obama merely galvanized the right, particularly the fiscal conservatives, by proposing additional failure rewards. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 05:40:25 PM »
I'd say Bush got the right going to, through their "we're constantly under attack middle America," there is a war on Christmas/religion/marraige," and "Democrats want the terrorists to win by giving them trials" rhetoric that was constantly being preached even thought they had an overwhelming majority. 
The Clinton thing I think helped energize the morality arguments, though, at my age it may also of just seemed that way because it was the first giant political event of my lifetime (at least when I was old enough to understand).

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 02:12:35 AM »
I'm all for reminding our elected officials that the only oath they take before taking office to uphold the constitution... But until there are more than two viable parties that simply won't happen. Save Paul, Kucinich and a handful of others these fuckers are only loyal to thier parties. Not their commander in chief, constituents or constitutions... only a party.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 10:00:46 PM »
I'm all for reminding our elected officials that the only oath they take before taking office to uphold the constitution... But until there are more than two viable parties that simply won't happen. Save Paul, Kucinich and a handful of others these fuckers are only loyal to thier parties. Not their commander in chief, constituents or constitutions... only a party.
Couldn't agree more