Author Topic: Chick-Fil-A  (Read 34138 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Chick-Fil-A
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 11:49:29 PM »
Yeah, the Boston thing is dumb, but I still think the students should get them out of the union in favor of a Wendy's.  I mean, Wendy's chicken sandwiches and nuggets (sorry daris) are like a million (1.3 million?) times better.

well i'm all for rough ridin' chickfila up the ass. literally. i really do like those little nuggs though. let's just keep buying and eating those nuggs but make it really bad for them or something so maybe they have to sell them to us for what it costs them to make and sell them.  :dunno:
Maybe you could just get a Wichita goEMAWer to ship you some on a weekly basis.
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 11:51:57 PM »
Yeah, the Boston thing is dumb, but I still think the students should get them out of the union in favor of a Wendy's.  I mean, Wendy's chicken sandwiches and nuggets (sorry daris) are like a million (1.3 million?) times better.

well i'm all for rough ridin' chickfila up the ass. literally. i really do like those little nuggs though. let's just keep buying and eating those nuggs but make it really bad for them or something so maybe they have to sell them to us for what it costs them to make and sell them.  :dunno:
Maybe you could just get a Wichita goEMAWer to ship you some on a weekly basis.

oh. if we're just trying to get them out of mhk then cool. i just don't want them to go away completely.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 12:03:13 AM »
wendys?  GMAFB

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 12:44:06 AM »
Love it.  Those nuggets? Fantastic.  A little too hot right out of the oven though  :frown:

Oh, and they are allowed to believe whatever the eff they want, and discriminating against them for religious beliefs is asanine.

So it's OK for CFA to oppose people who believe gays who marry should be recognized by the government (not any religious institution), but it's not OK for people to oppose CFA for holding that belief?

That's quite the pickle.

Next you're going to tell me private citizens criticizing other private citizens infringes on their 1st Amendment rights.

shutup dumbass.   they are a rough ridin' restaurant.

:lol:

also  :facepalm: to myself for the missing contraction in my post.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 01:01:02 AM »
How about this.  If you go to chick fil a.  eat in, drink a shitload of pop, use a shitload of ice, ask for two of every sauce they have and leave a mess to clean up.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 01:01:26 AM »
I won't do that because it's not very good.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 01:01:48 AM »
and they promote bigotry and say it's their religion.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 01:09:38 AM »
How about this.  If you go to chick fil a.  eat in, drink a shitload of pop, use a shitload of ice, ask for two of every sauce they have and leave a mess to clean up.

yes. also dump your left over diet coke on the floor right before you leave and dirty up a bunch of napkins.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 01:16:29 AM »
Bottom line

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 01:23:25 AM »
i mean for fucks sakes guys, even guys that full on make out with other guys and will want to marry other guys aren't going to like stop eating there or anything cause of this. i mean i am super pro bglt and all that, but crap those nuggs are too good. eat the nuggets, don't let them make buckets.

btw, when i said buckets i was talking like buckets of money.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 01:53:01 AM »
Has anyone had a platter of their breakfast sandwiches?  They take the little nuggets and put them in some form of sweet biscuit.

I mean, Jesus Christ.

My wife never wants to eat there again, and I'm totally cool with just bashing the Hell out of them from here to eternity, but I'm not going to substitute CFA for Wendy's on a matter of principle.  Life is too short, the chicken and milkshakes are too good, I vote against anyone who makes gay marriage an issue, and we included a gay guy in our wedding party, so I get a pass on this one.

If I'm upset about anything, it's that those nutbags refuse to make money on a Sunday.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 02:07:40 AM »
Here's the deal: CFA can support whatever they want and oppose anything they want and I don't blame them at all for it.  Customers can, in turn, decide to support whatever business they want and oppose any business they want and I won't blame them at all for it.  Fiscally, would it have been smarter for CFA to keep their mouths shut regarding political matters?  Yeah.

Am I going to stop eating at a place because I disagree with their management's political beliefs?  Not in this instance.  If they were funding the KKK or Neo Nazis or something super out there like that, I probably would.  But, here?  Eh, I don't think CFA is going to make much of a difference re. gay guys.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 07:18:06 AM »
I don't think determining when bigotry is out there crazy bigotry or just normal I'll give it a pass level bigotry is a path I'm ready to venture down yet.  that spicy chicken sandwich though, wow. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2012, 07:51:41 AM »
Team EMAWmeister
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2012, 07:53:23 AM »
Those lines when they open chik fil a's are nuts. Neither the nuggets nor the spicy chicken is worth waiting in line for. And they apparently hate gays.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2012, 08:08:45 AM »
Has anyone had a platter of their breakfast sandwiches?  They take the little nuggets and put them in some form of sweet biscuit.

I mean, Jesus Christ.

My wife never wants to eat there again, and I'm totally cool with just bashing the Hell out of them from here to eternity, but I'm not going to substitute CFA for Wendy's on a matter of principle.  Life is too short, the chicken and milkshakes are too good, I vote against anyone who makes gay marriage an issue, and we included a gay guy in our wedding party, so I get a pass on this one.

If I'm upset about anything, it's that those nutbags refuse to make money on a Sunday.
Where on earth did you find one at the last minute? It was nice of you to include him in your wedding party! :cheers:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2012, 08:16:08 AM »
Here's the deal: CFA can support whatever they want and oppose anything they want and I don't blame them at all for it.  Customers can, in turn, decide to support whatever business they want and oppose any business they want and I won't blame them at all for it.  Fiscally, would it have been smarter for CFA to keep their mouths shut regarding political matters?  Yeah.

Am I going to stop eating at a place because I disagree with their management's political beliefs?  Not in this instance.  If they were funding the KKK or Neo Nazis or something super out there like that, I probably would.  But, here?  Eh, I don't think CFA is going to make much of a difference re. gay guys.

I fully agree with your first paragraph, and strongly disagree with the second, but hey, that's just me.
:adios:

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2012, 08:20:33 AM »
CFA could say they're pro-Al Aqaeda and want America to burn, and I would still gobble up their delicious waffle fries and chicken sandy.  :lick:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2012, 08:23:19 AM »
I don't think determining when bigotry is out there crazy bigotry or just normal I'll give it a pass level bigotry is a path I'm ready to venture down yet.  that spicy chicken sandwich though, wow. 

You're gonna love chik-fil-gay, sd.  We'll put the spicy on sale on Sundays.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2012, 08:24:13 AM »

You're gonna love chik-fil-gay, sd.  We'll put the spicy on sale on Sundays.

this does sound pretty great

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 08:52:53 AM »
Just keep eating chick-fil-a. Its only a matter of time before their CEO is caught having gay sex in a public restroom. Balance will be restored and we will all be happy.l

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2012, 08:56:01 AM »
Just keep eating chick-fil-a. Its only a matter of time before their CEO is caught having gay sex in a public restroom. Balance will be restored and we will all be happy.l

you can probably see that first day at trim's new place and we will all just party and eat our chicken

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2012, 08:59:49 AM »

you can probably see that first day at trim's new place and we will all just party and eat our chicken

Can't you just picture it now?  It's not gonna be the GPC dark kind of gay, but the super-festive goEMAW rainbow front page kind of gay.  The exact same foodstuffs on the menu (I'm gonna need some help double-entendre'n the menu names) with your ethical dilemma solved in fabulous fashion for you by goEMAW's most ethical poster*.

*prolly

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2012, 09:01:34 AM »
house music and everyone's in shape and expertly groomed

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire