Author Topic: Chick-Fil-A  (Read 34238 times)

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Chick-Fil-A
« on: July 26, 2012, 10:35:16 PM »
Love it.  Those nuggets? Fantastic.  A little too hot right out of the oven though  :frown:

Oh, and they are allowed to believe whatever the eff they want, and discriminating against them for religious beliefs is asanine.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
Re: Chick-Fil-A
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 10:37:04 PM »
I never really understood the obsession with Chickfila. Lotta people love it though. :dunno:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 10:38:34 PM »
Had my first chick fil a ever about a month ago.  was not impressed at all.  just had the run of the mill chicken sandwich.

And you can't use religion as an excuse to be a bigot.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »
i love the crap out of chikfila. if i'm being serious with myself, i will probably eat it less moving forward, but i doubt i could just stop cold turkey/chicken. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 10:41:25 PM »
what do you get there?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 10:42:56 PM »
Had my first chick fil a ever about a month ago.  was not impressed at all.  just had the run of the mill chicken sandwich.

And you can't use religion as an excuse to be a bigot.

Stating that someone is a bigot for believing something over another seems a little silly to me. The statement wasn't hateful at all.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »
discriminating against a group of people is bigotry.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 10:50:46 PM »
discriminating against a group of people is bigotry.

How again does chick fil a discriminate?  Do they not serve gay people?

Being denied a business license because of your owner's religious beliefs, on the other hand, is discrimination.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 10:58:19 PM »
http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/chickfila.asp

What's it like to be on the wrong side of a civil rights movement?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 11:11:55 PM »
Why yes, I agree that the students should try to get it removed from the union.  First off, it is a shitty restaurant.  Second, their owner is using his religion as an excuse to be a bigoted bad person.
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 11:23:25 PM »
Why yes, I agree that the students should try to get it removed from the union.  First off, it is a shitty restaurant.  Second, their owner is using his religion as an excuse to be a bigoted bad person.

i'm not sure you've had those nugget things. have you had those nugget things?

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 11:25:51 PM »
Love it.  Those nuggets? Fantastic.  A little too hot right out of the oven though  :frown:

Oh, and they are allowed to believe whatever the eff they want, and discriminating against them for religious beliefs is asanine.

So it's OK for CFA to oppose people who believe gays who marry should be recognized by the government (not any religious institution), but it's not OK for people to oppose CFA for holding that belief?

That's quite the pickle.

Next you're going to tell me private citizens criticizing other private citizens infringes on their 1st Amendment rights.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 11:26:50 PM »
The strip mall that the chick-fil-a is in on the east side of Wichita still has to hire off-duty cops to patrol the whole rough ridin' parking lot so that people don't park in spots 100 yards away to eat there.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 11:28:02 PM »
Is it that hard to figure out how to make their chicken sandwiches?  Somebody should and start Chik-fil-gay and sell the same stuff but really gay up the restaurant and have it be open on Sundays and everything.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 11:29:38 PM »
guys,

instead of trying to put them out of business and thus causing them to not be able to serve their little nugget things, how about we just do stuff to hurt their bottom line. like maybe fork their grass at night and then they have to pay someone to remove the forks and thus hit them where it hurts. their bottom line.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 11:30:08 PM »
I've hear you can get some fantastic Biltong from an Afrikaaner but I'm not going to go out and buy some from him.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 11:31:07 PM »
http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/chickfila.asp

What's it like to be on the wrong side of a civil rights movement?

I'm on the wrong side of a civil rights movement because I believe it's wrong for the mayor of Boston to block a store from competing in a market due to a difference in beliefs?

I have no problem with gay people or gay marriage. If CFA was treating gay customers differently than other customers, I would be the first to condemn it. But I believe that a business should be able to donate money to whomever they damn well please. Blocking the business from the Boston area is wrong. If the people of Boston feel that opposed to their politics, they have the right as consumers to go elsewhere.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 11:32:19 PM »
you have no idea how many homo's there are in boston, it's ok most bigots are pretty naive too.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 11:34:23 PM »

So it's OK for CFA to oppose people who believe gays who marry should be recognized by the government (not any religious institution), but it's not OK for people to oppose CFA for holding that belief?

That's quite the pickle.

Next you're going to tell me private citizens criticizing other private citizens infringes on their 1st Amendment rights.

shutup dumbass.   they are a rough ridin' restaurant.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 11:37:04 PM »
you have no idea how many homo's there are in boston, it's ok most bigots are pretty naive too.

It was the first state in the union to legalize gay marriage, there is obviously a huge homosexual population.  If they are offended that the owner donates his money to certain organization, they can spend their dollars somewhere else. 

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 11:38:07 PM »

That's quite the pickle.

Jesus Christ.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 11:44:34 PM »
Yeah, the Boston thing is dumb, but I still think the students should get them out of the union in favor of a Wendy's.  I mean, Wendy's chicken sandwiches and nuggets (sorry daris) are like a million (1.3 million?) times better.
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 11:47:56 PM »
Yeah, the Boston thing is dumb, but I still think the students should get them out of the union in favor of a Wendy's.  I mean, Wendy's chicken sandwiches and nuggets (sorry daris) are like a million (1.3 million?) times better.

well i'm all for rough ridin' chickfila up the ass. literally. i really do like those little nuggs though. let's just keep buying and eating those nuggs but make it really bad for them or something so maybe they have to sell them to us for what it costs them to make and sell them.  :dunno:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 11:48:13 PM »

Also 5x cheaper

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 11:48:22 PM »

Chick-Fil-A chicken is really good tasting. It's unique. How do they get that flavor? Wow.