Author Topic: Obama sez No to Keystone  (Read 39553 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Obama sez No to Keystone
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 02:11:55 AM »
Can't they just route it next to a federal highway through Neb and threaten to withhold highway funds if they don't fall in line?  Worked for the drinking age.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 07:59:43 AM »
Can't they just route it next to a federal highway through Neb and threaten to withhold highway funds if they don't fall in line?  Worked for the drinking age.

Way to risky, in my opinion. What if there was a leak? The highway would be all slippery with oil.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 08:09:04 AM »

Why would they do that when they can just route the pipeline around the sandhills, minimizing risks and not pissing off an entire state?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 08:14:49 AM »
Nuts, I thought you were just f'ing around, but you're really buying the Sand Hills excuse, aren't you? :lol: This is the real reason, and everyone knows it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 08:19:55 AM »
Nuts, I thought you were just f'ing around, but you're really buying the Sand Hills excuse, aren't you? :lol: This is the real reason, and everyone knows it.

If that were the real reason, he wouldn't be accepting the proposal in a few months like he is going to do.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 09:01:48 AM »
And Obama has just released his first 2012 campaign ad. It accuses... Big Oil. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 09:13:43 AM »
I'm not sure anyone in this thread has any idea what this thing was about other than the president nix'd it.....

yes, confirmed

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 10:46:28 AM »
I'm not sure anyone in this thread has any idea what this thing was about other than the president nix'd it.....

yes, confirmed

Thanks for sharing your insidery info. 

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 07:41:30 PM »

Some pretty awesome post-hoc rationalization by the libtards.  "It's the republican sand farmers that forced Obama to block this"  Jesus Christ you guys are pathetic.  Nothing like the anti-intellectual left and its willful ignorance.

Obama apologists are the worst.  His actions here are inexcusable.  So pathetic. 
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 12:06:21 AM »

Some pretty awesome post-hoc rationalization by the libtards.  "It's the republican sand farmers that forced Obama to block this"  Jesus Christ you guys are pathetic.  Nothing like the anti-intellectual left and its willful ignorance.

Obama apologists are the worst.  His actions here are inexcusable.  So pathetic. 

Nobody "forced" Obama to block this. Obama simply made the right decision in this instance. What rationalization is post-hoc? Did you not notice the shitstorm that Dave Heineman (R) has been throwing at this pipeline for over a year now?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 06:31:05 AM »

Nobody "forced" Obama to block this. Obama simply made the right decision in this instance. What rationalization is post-hoc? Did you not notice the shitstorm that Dave Heineman (R) has been throwing at this pipeline for over a year now?

:dunno:

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 08:45:50 PM »
Thanks Barack!  May send you a campaign contribution this time around!   :driving:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2012, 11:08:53 AM »
good decision.  good pipeline, bad route.  happy to see poltics et al functioned correctly.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012, 10:34:58 PM »
good decision.  good pipeline, bad route.  happy to see poltics et al functioned correctly.

Agreed.

You shouldn't be allowed to post in this thread if you do not know what the ogallala aquifer is, and it's role on the economy in the middle states of this country.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2012, 10:36:30 PM »
A spill seems to be a stupid argument given the safety procedures, remote valves, leak detection, and construction of the pipe in general. It seems to be much safer than train, truck or ship. How long would oil need to sit on the surface untouched to leach at least 50' down through the soil?  Liberal fear mongering.

How do you think the ogallala aquifer get's refilled?  JFC.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2012, 10:37:48 PM »
A spill seems to be a stupid argument given the safety procedures, remote valves, leak detection, and construction of the pipe in general. It seems to be much safer than train, truck or ship. How long would oil need to sit on the surface untouched to leach at least 50' down through the soil?  Liberal fear mongering.

yeah, it wasn't liberals in NE that were up in arms about it dumbass

Exactly. It was life long farmers....stewards of the land.  But, they are just a bunch of rough ridin' liberals, eh?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2012, 10:51:35 PM »

The point was that if there were to be a leak, it would never be allowed to seep into the groundwater.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2012, 10:52:55 PM »

The point was that if there were to be a leak, it would never be allowed to seep into the groundwater.

LOL

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2012, 11:17:14 PM »

Would it spill up, out of the ground and into the air?
http://thetyee.ca/News/2010/06/21/AlbertaToTexasPipeline/

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2012, 03:13:09 AM »

omg :lol:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2012, 02:42:04 PM »
Yes, stopping and cleaning up a leak on the plains of Nebraska is just as difficult as stopping and cleaning up on the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2012, 02:46:12 PM »
So, there's no alarming or monitoring systems on these pipelines, they could literally be dumping oil for days on end if they have a problem?

Wow, pretty low tech.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »
So, there's no alarming or monitoring systems on these pipelines, they could literally be dumping oil for days on end if they have a problem?

Wow, pretty low tech.

And no shut-off valves, say, ever half-mile or so, either. Completely low tech. Way safer to ship this stuff by tanker. What's the worst that could happen?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2012, 07:15:58 PM »

yeah, it wasn't liberals in NE that were up in arms about it dumbass

Exactly. It was life long farmers....stewards of the land.  But, they are just a bunch of rough ridin' liberals, eh?

Libtard outed.  You people can't be serious.  Delusion lives here
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2012, 07:34:59 PM »
I apologize for my low PLIQ but:  Has there been any major issues with the giant pipeline running through AK/Canada?  I get that they're different tech but I would assume newer tech means better tech?  :ck: