Author Topic: Anybody here in the military? If so, I have a question...  (Read 6577 times)

Offline bradleigh

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody here in the military? If so, I have a question...
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 12:26:33 PM »
I know this is a parody thread, but the responses are really making the military guys sound like assholes.  Sounds like we're talking about a capital offense if I'm following.
2/8/11 - Never Forget

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 12:57:01 PM »
do we have any construction science people here? if so, my question is this.... what if you we're co-managing a job site and like ordering stuff and things and the guy that you were co-managing it with started flaking out and tweeting weird things about his gf and then after a long day of driving around and ordering and measuring stuff he says that he's done and doesn't want to hammer stuff and talk to plumbers any more with you and quits. then he tries to come back a week later. would you take him back? would you allow him to drive to home depot in your truck and stuff or not? i guess that's my question.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 12:57:16 PM »
I know this is a parody thread, but the responses are really making the military guys sound like assholes.  Sounds like we're talking about a capital offense if I'm following.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desertion

The maximum U.S. penalty for desertion in wartime remains death
:ck:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 01:00:38 PM »
do we have any construction science people here? if so, my question is this.... what if you we're co-managing a job site and like ordering stuff and things and the guy that you were co-managing it with started flaking out and tweeting weird things about his gf and then after a long day of driving around and ordering and measuring stuff he says that he's done and doesn't want to hammer stuff and talk to plumbers any more with you and quits. then he tries to come back a week later. would you take him back? would you allow him to drive to home depot in your truck and stuff or not? i guess that's my question.

I'm not a construction science guy, but I will say that if productivity at the job site improved by more than 200% after that guy left, I absolutely would not take that loser back.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 01:40:44 PM »

what would you do if you were at war and in a firefight and your buddy next to you just stopped and ran away? Im not trying to sound like a bad person but it happens

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 07:31:04 PM »

I'm not a construction science guy, but I will say that if productivity at the job site improved by more than 200% after that guy left, I absolutely would not take that loser back.

But what if after the job was over at that site 2 of your best workers left and needed to be replaced. You can only find 1 guy to replace them with until Joe Bob gets back in town which wont be until after this second job site so your pretty much gonna have to do this 1 short handed. All of a sudden the guy who quit wants to come back and work. Your still pissed at him but think deep down inside he could be the best worker out of everyone. Also he has a very important father who might stop investing in your company if you dont take his kid back.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 10:00:33 PM »
Construction Science grad here, :pops collar:.

That's all I got.