Author Topic: It's Patterson!  (Read 18135 times)

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
It's Patterson!
« on: January 01, 2011, 07:27:02 PM »
Congrats to former* K-State head coach Gary Patterson and his TCU team for their Rose Bowl win.  Gary, it may have sucked the way things went down with K-State a couple of years ago, with Snyder butting in and all when you were set to come home, but at least you now have a bigger win on your resume than Snyder has or will ever have, and you didn't have to put up with his shadow over you to accomplish it.

* For about an hour.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: It's Patterson!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 07:29:41 PM »
It was rough watching the postgame. :frown:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 07:30:22 PM »
Thanks again Fitz.

:cry:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 07:32:32 PM »
Thanks again Fitz.

:cry:

Haters hate.  Believers believe.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 07:35:26 PM »
Big shout out to Jon Wefald, still pulling down $150K a year from K-State.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 07:45:51 PM »
Oh, if FITZ had just done what he does best and "sat on the story" while Gary finished the season and notified his team and administration on the terms he wanted to after the bowl game...

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline RTB

• Fan
  • Caaats!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 07:57:47 PM »
Congrats to former* K-State head coach Gary Patterson and his TCU team for their Rose Bowl win.  Gary, it may have sucked the way things went down with K-State a couple of years ago, with Snyder butting in and all when you were set to come home, but at least you now have a bigger win on your resume than Snyder has or will ever have, and you didn't have to put up with his shadow over you to accomplish it.

But I was told we were supposed to win the Natl' ship next season! Are you telling me this was a lie?! :bawl:
Frank Martin- "I used to teach math in HS but didn't scream as much because nobody was keeping score."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 08:22:35 PM »
Please tell me you tards don't really believe Fitz had anything to do with Patterson not coming.

You can't be that rough ridin' stoopid...can you?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 08:24:46 PM »
Oh okay Rams . . . tell us, why didn't Patterson come to K-State??

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 08:27:22 PM »
Kansas State athletics would be in amazing shape if Jon Wefald, LHC Bill Snyder and Tim Fitzgerald had all died about 7 years ago. The depressing thing is, all three are on death's doorstep. We were so close.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 08:40:46 PM »
I have no earthly idea...probably because

A. He didn't want to coach here
B. The clowns that were running the show wanted OB
C. All of the above

Nobody...N.O.B.O.D.Y. turns down a job they really want because a fat, bald, Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) dude breaks a story about it on his shitty website sooner than he wanted.  That's the dumbest rough ridin' theory on the planet.  Yeah, he was all set to come here...was excited about coaching his alma mater...negotiated a contract that would give him a big raise...convinced his wife it was the right thing for the family...started shopping for houses...and then BOOM!!! somebody writes a story about it before he wanted them to so he totally changes his plans and leaves a couple million over a few years on the table.  See how rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) that sounds when you think it all the way through?

Is Fitz an idiot?  Absolutely...but he's not responsible for Patterson not taking the job.

I suspect that OB swooped in at the last second and Wefald pulled the trigger and told Patterson to go eff himself cause his old buddy was coming back...but what the hell do I know?  :dunno:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 08:53:38 PM »
Gee Rams do you think somebody may have been using Fitz??

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 08:59:28 PM »
Rams, it's pretty much common knowledge that Fitz mumped us out of GP, then the Weefer put the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) cherry on top when he dragged OBz back.

Was there ever a doubt?
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 09:06:38 PM »
I suspect that OB swooped in at the last second and Wefald pulled the trigger and told Patterson to go eff himself cause his old buddy was coming back...but what the hell do I know?  :dunno:

Loads, I'd say.

That's actually pretty close to the insidery grumblings of the "true story."  However, there are also grumblings that the Fitz announcement accelerated the moving pieces and didn't allow for cooler heads to prevail...forcing one path instead of the other.  Also, at least one rumor I heard has it that one of Fitz's "sources" was Frank....which is hilarious if you have listened to Frank spin a recruiting yarn in person before.  The truth resides someplace between Fitz single handedly ruining us, and Krause being our hapless, would-be savior....but regardless of those conclusions it all still comes back to Wefald.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 09:13:26 PM »
I have no earthly idea...probably because

A. He didn't want to coach here
B. The clowns that were running the show wanted OB
C. All of the above

Nobody...N.O.B.O.D.Y. turns down a job they really want because a fat, bald, Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) dude breaks a story about it on his cacty website sooner than he wanted.  That's the dumbest effing theory on the planet.  Yeah, he was all set to come here...was excited about coaching his alma mater...negotiated a contract that would give him a big raise...convinced his wife it was the right thing for the family...started shopping for houses...and then BOOM!!! somebody writes a story about it before he wanted them to so he totally changes his plans and leaves a couple million over a few years on the table.  See how effing Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) that sounds when you think it all the way through?

Is Fitz an idiot?  Absolutely...but he's not responsible for Patterson not taking the job.

Tards don't like to hear common sense.  Makes too much sense.  Please don't post anymore... it scares the tards.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 09:14:12 PM »
so does snyder have a personal beef with Patterson or does old ballz just want to play with his toys and no one else?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 09:17:52 PM »
so does snyder have a personal beef with Patterson or does old ballz just want to play with his toys and no one else?

I don't think Snyder could pick Patterson out of a lineup.   This was all about Wefald being terrified about rough ridin' up the Ron Prince hire and ruining his "legacy" and Snyder realizing that he had a chance to get back that which he wished he never gave up. 

Offline BrotherDDay

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 09:22:47 PM »

Loads, I'd say.

That's actually pretty close to the insidery grumblings of the "true story."  However, there are also grumblings that the Fitz announcement accelerated the moving pieces and didn't allow for cooler heads to prevail...forcing one path instead of the other.  

This isn't rocket science.  How often does a report come out  on November 7th announcing that a head coach is going to leave one program for another when his team has one regular season game remaining (after his team just had their biggest game of the season the previous night) and the school he is reportedly going to has three regular season games remaining?  Ummm, normally coaching moves occur, at the soonest, immediately after the regular season ends for coach and schools involved.  

If the above situation isn't jacked-up, then I don't know what is.  But, of course this did occur... and we know the actors involved...

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 09:40:38 PM by BrotherDDay »

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 09:32:21 PM »
TCU actually lost that game eliminating them from any chance of a BCS game that year.

It is a fairly small leap of logic that Fitz had a source telling him "It's Patterson" and the only hold up is if TCU made the BCS he wanted to coach the BCS bowl game.  Once that was no longer an issue Fitz attempted to break the story.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 09:38:49 PM »
Quote from: some hoodlum in So Long
You know what's not cool?  COSTING US GARY PATTERSON!!!

eff you TP for killing ksufans so I can't go and search for the exact words.

Offline BrotherDDay

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 09:45:45 PM »
TCU actually lost that game eliminating them from any chance of a BCS game that year.

It is a fairly small leap of logic that Fitz had a source telling him "It's Patterson" and the only hold up is if TCU made the BCS he wanted to coach the BCS bowl game.  Once that was no longer an issue Fitz attempted to break the story.

I forgot they lost the Utah, I stand corrected... again, when was the last time coaches changes are announced on November 7th?  It's jacked up cac regardless of being eliminated from BCS contention and trying to "break" the story.  I was  :bang: that afternoon, because it made no sense even before GP imploded on DFW radio... and before the "insidery" stories came to being.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 09:46:25 PM »

Not sure if this will help: Link

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 09:50:51 PM »

Damn, I've got a good memory.

Start a thread over in combofanning and post the idiot's guide to searching for old stuff on ksufans now that TP has taken it out back and killed it.  :combofan:

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 10:00:48 PM »

I forgot they lost the Utah, I stand corrected... again, when was the last time coaches changes are announced on November 7th?  It's jacked up cac regardless of being eliminated from BCS contention and trying to "break" the story.  I was  :bang: that afternoon, because it made no sense even before GP imploded on DFW radio... and before the "insidery" stories came to being.

True, but not only did Fitz announce the "hiring", he had the contract details in the article. 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 10:10:57 PM »

Damn, I've got a good memory.

Start a thread over in combofanning and post the idiot's guide to searching for old stuff on ksufans now that TP has taken it out back and killed it.  :combofan:
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=9605.0