Author Topic: One of these was just set up at The Bill  (Read 6186 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: One of these was just set up at The Bill
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 03:43:14 PM »
MODS!  please move to "the government is spying on us" theard.    :ohno:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 03:49:37 PM »
Already lots of cameras around the Bill watching . . .  :jeffy:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 04:10:15 PM »
How long ago did they start filming games in 3D?  This year, maybe last?  So every stadium not built within the last two years would not be up to your buddy's definition of par?  Tell your buddy I think he's right at par for my definition of dumbass.

Stop being a rough ridin' dumbass, jtksu.

He was talking about the sky cam.  It's a little difficult to operate a cable suspended camera apparatus when you don't have anything on the opposite side of the stadium to mount a rough ridin' cable to.  Most BCS stadiums don't have this problem.  We currently do.

tell me they were trying to find a way to get 3D cameras to the bill so they could broadcast it in 3D. Problem is- our space is limited and old and we most likely don't have enough room for them.
    :dunno:

I guess our forefathers should have had the vision to build facilities that would hold an additional crew of 100 people that were not necessary during the last renovations.   And you're rough ridin' kidding yourselves if you think all BCS schools have renovations at a much more significant rate than BSFS has had.  1993, 1998, 2002, 2006, and whenever the new round gets done.  That's pretty goddam frequent.   

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 04:14:24 PM »
How long ago did they start filming games in 3D?  This year, maybe last?  So every stadium not built within the last two years would not be up to your buddy's definition of par?  Tell your buddy I think he's right at par for my definition of dumbass.

Stop being a rough ridin' dumbass, jtksu.

He was talking about the sky cam.  It's a little difficult to operate a cable suspended camera apparatus when you don't have anything on the opposite side of the stadium to mount a rough ridin' cable to.  Most BCS stadiums don't have this problem.  We currently do.

tell me they were trying to find a way to get 3D cameras to the bill so they could broadcast it in 3D. Problem is- our space is limited and old and we most likely don't have enough room for them.

I guess our forefathers should have had the vision to build facilities that would hold an additional crew of 100 people that were not necessary during the last renovations.   And you're rough ridin' kidding yourselves if you think all BCS schools have renovations at a much more significant rate than BSFS has had.  1993, 1998, 2002, 2006, and whenever the new round gets done.  That's pretty goddam frequent.   

The shitty quality of the previous renovations is at least partially responsible for their frequency

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 04:15:29 PM »

Have you thought about a career in marketing?

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 04:16:38 PM »
We must also take into account that the construction cost of the original "KSU Stadium" was $1.6 million.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 04:18:01 PM »
Building anything back then was insanely cheap compared to what it costs today.   

jt . . . wasn't talking about space for 3D crew . . . was talking skycam.   

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »
Jack Trice - $7.6 million in 1975 - 42,500 (now 55,000)

Lewis Field (oSu) - $2.5 million in 1971- 39,000+ (now 60,200)

KSU Stadium - $1.6 million in 1968 - 30,000 (now 50,000)

I'm just trying to point that we started behind and have not really "kept up."

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2010, 04:36:18 PM »

Um... We started 12,500 behind Trice and are now 5000 behind.  9000+ behind Lewis, now 10,200 behind.   How is that "not keeping up?"

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2010, 04:39:22 PM »
I need confirmation on the skycam at the Bill. Would be super amazing.

Can confirm.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 04:43:15 PM »

Um... We started 12,500 behind Trice and are now 5000 behind.  9000+ behind Lewis, now 10,200 behind.   How is that "not keeping up?"

:facepalm:

1) Travel to Stillwater and Ames.
2) Name the number of dr.pepper game appearances by oSu and ISU
3) Name the number of BCS/Alliance bowl appearances by oSu and ISU
4) Repost the correct response

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2010, 04:45:25 PM »

Stop being a foooocking dumbass, jtksu.

He was talking about the sky cam.  It's a little difficult to operate a cable suspended camera apparatus when you don't have anything on the opposite side of the stadium to mount a foooocking cable to.  Most BCS stadiums don't have this problem.  We currently do.

I guess our forefathers should have had the vision to build facilities that would hold an additional crew of 100 people that were not necessary during the last renovations.   And you're foooocking kidding yourselves if you think all BCS schools have renovations at a much more significant rate than BSFS has had.  1993, 1998, 2002, 2006, and whenever the new round gets done.  That's pretty goddam frequent.   

Please stop being a rough ridin' dumbass.

The reason we have to bring in cranes for the rough ridin' sky cam is because we have a high school press box on the West side of the stadium.  When you don't invest in modernizing your facilities for 20 years on that side of the field, this is the challenge you are faced when dealing with today's technology demands.

Thankfully, replacing the high school stadium press box is a major agenda item for the new regime that understands the need, unlike the past three idiot shows we had in the athletic department.

I'll be happy to keep explaining this to your dumbass if need be.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2010, 04:56:21 PM »
Wouldn't it be less expensive to just buy the cranes?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2010, 04:56:58 PM »
Let's be nice to Bob Krause . . . he wanted the new pressbox.   Sadly he tried to draw up the financing plans on a napkin during his 5th scotch and branch water.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 05:01:19 PM »

:facepalm:

1) Travel to Stillwater and Ames.
2) Name the number of dr.pepper game appearances by oSu and ISU
3) Name the number of BCS/Alliance bowl appearances by oSu and ISU
4) Repost the correct response

1) Name the number of billionaires who are giving KSU hundreds of millions of dollars.  
2) Travel from Stillwater to OKC or Tulsa.  Travel from Ames to Des Moines.  Travel from MHK to KC.
3) Shut your damn mouth.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2010, 05:13:46 PM »
Wouldn't it be less expensive to just buy the cranes?

:lol:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles