Author Topic: One of these was just set up at The Bill  (Read 6189 times)

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
One of these was just set up at The Bill
« on: October 04, 2010, 02:02:17 PM »

This game is now ellite! :lynchmob:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
RIP Fatty

Offline RTB

• Fan
  • Caaats!
    • View Profile
Re: One of these was just set up at The Bill
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 02:19:35 PM »
I have a friend who works in the dept., tell me they were trying to find a way to get 3D cameras to the bill so they could broadcast it in 3D. Problem is- our space is limited and old and we most likely don't have enough room for them..

In order for ESPN to broadcast a game in 3D they require a whole new set of employees to run it. Approx 100 some extra people.

Also said, in order to get the "sky cam" up, they were probably going to have to rent cranes to connect it. Our stadium isn't what we call..."up to par" in the cutting edge dept.
Frank Martin- "I used to teach math in HS but didn't scream as much because nobody was keeping score."

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 02:20:08 PM »
Maybe it will capture a member of the Husker coaching staff flipping the bird at the refs like the Titans DC got caught doing on camera Sunday.  

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 02:20:47 PM »
I have a friend who works in the dept., tell me they were trying to find a way to get 3D cameras to the bill so they could broadcast it in 3D. Problem is- our space is limited and old and we most likely don't have enough room for them..

In order for ESPN to broadcast a game in 3D they require a whole new set of employees to run it. Approx 100 some extra people.

Also said, in order to get the "sky cam" up, they were probably going to have to rent cranes to connect it. Our stadium isn't what we call..."up to par" in the cutting edge dept.

Your friend sounds like a major hater.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »
nice picture dork.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 02:34:36 PM »
How long ago did they start filming games in 3D?  This year, maybe last?  So every stadium not built within the last two years would not be up to your buddy's definition of par?  Tell your buddy I think he's right at par for my definition of dumbass.

Offline RTB

• Fan
  • Caaats!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 02:42:01 PM »
How long ago did they start filming games in 3D?  This year, maybe last?  So every stadium not built within the last two years would not be up to your buddy's definition of par?  Tell your buddy I think he's right at par for my definition of dumbass.

That was my personal quote btw not his.

I love BSFS as much as anyone, but let's be honest it's not the most jaw dropping, enormous stadium in the world or even big 12 for that matter.

Why do you think our dept is pushing for the 50 million dollar renovation? So we can try and stay ahead and make sure our stadium is where it needs to be. But thanks for the personal attack, even though I was just passing on some (what I thought to be) interesting info.
Frank Martin- "I used to teach math in HS but didn't scream as much because nobody was keeping score."

Offline HugeUpside

• Combo-Fan
  • 100% natural
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 02:45:54 PM »

That was my personal quote btw not his.

I love BSFS as much as anyone, but let's be honest it's not the most jaw dropping, enormous stadium in the world or even big 12 for that matter.

Why do you think our dept is pushing for the 50 million dollar renovation? So we can try and stay ahead and make sure our stadium is where it needs to be. But thanks for the personal attack, even though I was just passing on some (what I thought to be) interesting info.

Boom. Roasted.
Avoid Dlew12, TylerHughes and Ging anytime bananas are within arms reach.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 02:47:14 PM »
But thanks for the personal attack, even though I was just passing on some (what I thought to be) interesting info.

It's just jtksu, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 02:50:47 PM »
For the record...3DTV does not interest me. Stadium improvements do interest me.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 02:51:20 PM »
Douche bag apparently thinks we should have the most jaw droping stadium in the world.  There's not enough :facepalm: in the world for that guy.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 02:54:13 PM »
this is of personal interest to me since i just purchased a new 3D television.  suck it haters, thanks for the report RTB.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 02:56:42 PM »
I bet you look like a major nerd in those glasses.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 02:57:57 PM »

i bet you're right

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »

enjoy your 13 inch tv, hater.   :lol:

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 03:04:17 PM »

If they really wanted it in 3D, they'd have it in 3D.
[

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 03:05:27 PM »

Do you think they're going to have it in 4D? 

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 03:07:44 PM »
Imagine OB's sunspots in 3D!   :excited:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 03:09:20 PM »
The 4th D is time....so yeah.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 03:12:44 PM »
I need confirmation on the skycam at the Bill. Would be super amazing.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 03:16:50 PM »

Stop being a rough ridin' dumbass, jtksu.

He was talking about the sky cam.  It's a little difficult to operate a cable suspended camera apparatus when you don't have anything on the opposite side of the stadium to mount a rough ridin' cable to.  Most BCS stadiums don't have this problem.  We currently do.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 03:28:33 PM »
Like I've always said . . . our previous lazy ass athletic directors never fully took advantage of the fact that it is going to be a lot cheaper (relatively speaking) to build something really nice on the East side of the football stadium because of the stadium's design.   So for that reason jtksu, you can thank them for BSFS not being a great place to set up a skycam.

So rather than getting all pissed off at somebody telling you about REALITY . . .  implore our current AD to fully implement his vision for the West Side so that you won't have to yell at people on here for telling you how our stadium sucks for Skycam implementation.

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 03:34:33 PM »

Do you think they're going to have it in 4D? 

Word is, our D won't even show up. So likely there will just be one D on the field.
[

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 03:40:58 PM »

LOL "pushing?"

Our boys Currie and Veatch are merely icing this cake.   :gocho:  LOL at Trim!