Author Topic: OK Let's Talk about Foot Ball  (Read 4335 times)

Offline Trailer Trash

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: OK Let's Talk about Foot Ball
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2018, 02:18:38 PM »
I don't have any kids.  I wrap it up.

^^^Shoots blanks

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2018, 02:23:23 PM »
It's possible.

What's not blank is the form I am going to have to get to register my hands and feet as lethal weapons once I get my black belt in November.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2018, 02:25:00 PM »
I think punt returns are the most exciting play in football.  Lot can go right, lot can go wrong, both sides of the ball.  Like Roulette, spin the wheel and see what happens.  Most of the time the house wins, but sometimes, your number hits.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2018, 02:25:59 PM »
It's possible.

What's not blank is the form I am going to have to get to register my hands and feet as lethal weapons once I get my black belt in November.
I mean it will be blank initially, but not once I fill it out and mail it in.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2018, 02:30:29 PM »
What kind of defense do ya'll run?  I think its some sort of 4-3 slide or something with very large cushions.
We usually play a 4-2-5 with a nickle in XII play but idk if we'll even need 11 players vs an SEC offense, likely a good rest week for some of our starters

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Is 600 yards of offense with a 2nd string QB to begin the season with a new coach and new system an offense you would describe as a slouch?

You're in for a rude awakening my friend. We're a hell of a lot better than South Dakota State, fella.

You probably are better than South Dakota State. We played South Dakota, though. I'm not sure if you are better than them or not. They looked pretty solid week 1.

Easy there, buddy...  They hung 600 yds on a team that's sniffing the top 200 in the Sagarin ratings!!

:ohno:
bears are fast...

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2018, 02:32:31 PM »
It's possible.

Not to get too existential but it's really only blank when it's a sheet of paper in the printer tray. After you hit print I suppose the fields will be blank but the form will not be blank.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2018, 02:35:11 PM »
It's possible.

Not to get too existential but it's really only blank when it's a sheet of paper in the printer tray. After you hit print I suppose the fields will be blank but the form will not be blank.
Chings the more I think about it, do you think you could just use a PDF writer of some kind and fill in the blank fields prior to printing that way there will be no ambiguity regarding the blankness of the form. I feel a lot better about the whole situation now, thanks go cats

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2018, 02:35:14 PM »
It's possible.

eff..... That's deep.

Oh yeah go cats.

Offline Trailer Trash

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2018, 02:54:04 PM »
What kind of defense do ya'll run?  I think its some sort of 4-3 slide or something with very large cushions.
We usually play a 4-2-5 with a nickle in XII play but idk if we'll even need 11 players vs an SEC offense, likely a good rest week for some of our starters

Is 600 yards of offense with a 2nd string QB to begin the season with a new coach and new system an offense you would describe as a slouch?

You're in for a rude awakening my friend. We're a hell of a lot better than South Dakota State, fella.

You probably are better than South Dakota State. We played South Dakota, though. I'm not sure if you are better than them or not. They looked pretty solid week 1.

Easy there, buddy...  They hung 600 yds on a team that's sniffing the top 200 in the Sagarin ratings!!

:ohno:

You guys had to come back in a 4Q miracle to beat an FCS team. An FCS team!

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2018, 03:45:26 PM »
I think we should call more of the touchdown plays where we throw the ball really deep (after pretending to hand it off to the running back and a pump fake or two).

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2018, 04:10:41 PM »
I agree.  Those are some of my favorite touchdown plays.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2018, 04:23:09 PM »
FYI have heard grumblings that our return unit is practicing kick/punt returns but instead of getting tackled we don't get tackled and keep running until a touch down is scored oh man should be sweet if it works

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2018, 04:44:45 PM »

wow that's impressive. I thought i heard you have a new starter this week though, is that right? If he's even better, that's like 1200 yards of offense expected if they both play! Wait, can they both play? I'm not up on these new fangled rules these days.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2018, 10:05:03 AM »
It's possible.

Seriously, don't wait on this.  I know a guy who's pregnant wife was being harassed in a bar.  He went out and beat the crap out of the guys doing it and accidentally killed one of them.  Got charged with manslaughter as his hands were considered deadly weapons since he was a black belt.  Spent 10 years in prison and was catching a ride home aboard a prison flight.  It was hijacked by prisoners and he had to try and stop it himself to save a diabetics life.  Dude totally saved his bud but then killed a lot of people crashing the plane in Vegas.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2018, 11:17:29 AM »
I think I saw a movie based on that guy's life.  He was played by Nicholas Cage I think.