Author Topic: Talking sports on gE.com.  (Read 12162 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Talking sports on gE.com.
« on: September 02, 2018, 07:22:40 PM »
I miss it. Last night's game was a crap show for sure, and the type of debacle the used to lead to some pretty decent convo here.

I came on last night and it was crickets, so I went over to KSO and took advantage of the free subscription hoping to find something there. Woof. Browns hollering at browns about brown level talking points. Kinda nice to read the stories though, I guess.

It's my opinion that the smartest, most knowledgeable and humourous Cat fans still reside on this board. I know most of us are on Twitter, etc., but it's not really the same. What happened? Are we all just over it? I know I've been pretty apathetic the last couple of seasons, but felt this team had/ has a decent shot to do something.

Last night's game was infuriating yet humorous (since we actually ended up winning). The type that would at least result in a few meltdowns.

What's it gonna take for gE to re-engage? I miss it.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Talking sports on gE.com.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 07:47:20 PM »
Probably not much, most are either not engaged anymore or went to KSO because it's a rough ridin' ghost town over here anymore, although the pit is rocking and rolling.

I have a KSO membership and have had one since they launched, but I absolutely detest their message boards, it's a mix of tucks and a group of go hards that have their own little thing going on. The content over there is fantastic but the board is GPC with two dudes that Fitz booted but are now empowered to be lame bad asses.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 07:49:27 PM »
Get _FAN to come back(which won’t happen until we get new posters who aren’t always negative and actually contribute decent talking points) because without stats there isn’t much to start convos besides bitching about stuff at this point.

Get Bill and staff to do something or be something that hasn’t already been discussed or bitched about 30 times over already.  It’s the same thing, every game, it’s been discussed, nobody cares.

Shut down Twitter.

I think that about covers it.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 07:53:55 PM »
Probably not much, most are either not engaged anymore or went to KSO because it's a rough ridin' ghost town over here anymore, although the pit is rocking and rolling.

I have a KSO membership and have had one since they launched, but I absolutely detest their message boards, it's a mix of tucks and a group of go hards that have their own little thing going on. The content over there is fantastic but the board is GPC with two dudes that Fitz booted but are now empowered to be lame bad asses.

:cry:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 08:03:49 PM »
It's been a pretty slow offseason. No renovations. Recruiting seems slower to develop than normal which is hard to believe. Hopefully now that the season has started they'll give us something to get excited about!

:ksu:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 08:09:05 PM »
Make the subject matter more interesting.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 08:11:55 PM »
The worried thread brought out 2014 royals era sys

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 08:21:25 PM »
Who is the third string QB?

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 08:28:15 PM »
I miss it as well @nicname. I will try to post more often, even though I’m not what you’d call a “high quality poster”

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2018, 10:00:49 PM »

Pretty much. Us going 8-4 with bizarro clock management, Snyder saying weird stuff in postgame, etc. just doesn’t move the needle anymore after a few years of rinse and repeat.

I lost a lot of zeal after Sams left. This season is the first since that I really decided to buy in.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 10:05:10 PM »
I think replying to people who don’t care about football(or really the university in general) but who are your friends will probably bring the discussion back.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 10:18:31 PM »
I miss it as well @nicname. I will try to post more often, even though I’m not what you’d call a “high quality poster”

There's like a dozen of us left, bro. We're all high quality.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2018, 10:20:02 PM »

There's like a dozen of us left, bro. We're all high quality.

Beer too.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2018, 10:28:31 PM »
Well i just saw a ku thread on KSO that lets me know there's at least one person reading here but posting there. If that isn't _33 that posted that picture you'd at least hope that person gives credit.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2018, 10:46:52 PM »

Pretty much. Us going 8-4 with bizarro clock management, Snyder saying weird stuff in postgame, etc. just doesn’t move the needle anymore after a few years of rinse and repeat.

I lost a lot of zeal after Sams left. This season is the first since that I really decided to buy in.

See, it shouldn't be a decision. Even moderate relevancy would grab you by the ball(s) and suck the zeal out of you.

Maybe we just need catzacker back.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2018, 10:56:52 PM »

See, it shouldn't be a decision. Even moderate relevancy would grab you by the ball(s) and suck the zeal out of you.

Maybe we just need catzacker back.

Nailed it.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2018, 11:42:39 PM »
i still get super emaw and excited during games but between them i'm just meh. i think part of it is growing up more, having other priorities. and doesn't seem like there's any college students here to bring some energy and zeal.

students :curse:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2018, 11:44:58 PM »
What happened to Greg?

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2018, 12:26:14 AM »
I heard the gE ownership is broke. Paying off people to visit the site hasn't worked.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2018, 01:16:22 AM »
I don't see much activity on any board. Interest in football in general is down. We'll always have Titletown, though.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2018, 06:51:32 AM »
There is a LOL'able dearth of talent on this team.

The fact that fanboys have to dig so deep to find talent, tells us all we need to know.

Now apparently we've got a whole bunch of assistant/associate head coaches/co-coordinators who think they're running the show on gameday.    The fact that this is occurring after this staff and their supposed roles were all named months ago, and all have been at K-State for years, is extremely telling.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2018, 08:12:07 AM »
I will take this constructive criticism and grow from it. 3 kids on the back burner, will post relentlessly during work and personal hours, will get a little better each day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2018, 09:29:15 AM »
Rivals firing FITZ killed it, or at least dealt it a death blow.

Every ying needs a yang and when rivals fired Fitz, he limped off into obscurity at 247 and his hatred of gE faded into the sunset.  The new guard at KSO is tolerant of the ilk that used to live here that never bothered to post there, so a lot of the chatter here has diminished it seems.

Lastly, we need new blood...  it’s the kids/students that made this place great with their excess time and creative ideas. As you dolts have grown up & graduated, it’s become stale.

Perhaps you townies could set up a table at the union and have a membership drive or something.

:dunno:

bears are fast...

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2018, 09:43:57 AM »
It's not this board in particular.  I'm getting older, K-State football stays the same.  My soon-to-be-in-laws are all LSU fans and I'm having a crapton more fun getting familiar with all of that.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2018, 09:49:30 AM »
Every good thing must die eventually, I say let it happen naturally and don’t attempt to put it on life support
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best