Author Topic: Lynch Mob = Back 2018 Edition Official Thread  (Read 2258 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Lynch Mob = Back 2018 Edition Official Thread
« on: June 13, 2018, 09:55:41 AM »
How back is it?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Lynch Mob = Back 2018 Edition Official Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 10:01:06 AM »
Dude: BACK

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 10:02:18 AM »
not very?

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 10:43:42 AM »
Dunno how "back" it'll be, but quotes like these are definitely reasons to be excited.

“They are doing some different schemes and giving us some different looks, which I think is very good for us,” K-State sophomore quarterback Skylar Thompson said. “We are so used to how Coach Hayes orchestrated the defense and their schemes and stuff like that you kind of get photograph memory.

“On this formation, they are going to do this play. You can kind of look at the nickel safety and say, ‘OK, now I know what coverage I am getting. With Seiler and Norwood, they are doing a lot better job of mixing up different looks and disguising coverage and bluffing in and out of stuff to make it hard on us, which is how it is during a game. It has been great.”

“He will throw in some new wrinkles to the defense that will make everybody turn their head,” Tanking said. “I am looking forward to what changes he makes. I think you will find the K-State defense to be a little less predictable. I think a lot of tendencies we have had in the past will probably get broken.

“I think there will definitely be a lot of different stuff on first down. Nothing against Coach Hayes, but I think he had gotten into a bit of a routine and teams knew what to expect on first-and-10. We mainly ran a Cover 4 and that put us in a tough spot when teams would get seven yards on every first down. With how smart Blake is, he will throw in some stunts and run defense that will be a little different and better, instead of just falling back into a base defense.”

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 10:46:19 AM »
The disconnect percentage has become a full 100% now for SD and KSU sports.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 11:02:01 AM »
Dunno how "back" it'll be, but quotes like these are definitely reasons to be excited.

“They are doing some different schemes and giving us some different looks, which I think is very good for us,” K-State sophomore quarterback Skylar Thompson said. “We are so used to how Coach Hayes orchestrated the defense and their schemes and stuff like that you kind of get photograph memory.

“On this formation, they are going to do this play. You can kind of look at the nickel safety and say, ‘OK, now I know what coverage I am getting. With Seiler and Norwood, they are doing a lot better job of mixing up different looks and disguising coverage and bluffing in and out of stuff to make it hard on us, which is how it is during a game. It has been great.”

“He will throw in some new wrinkles to the defense that will make everybody turn their head,” Tanking said. “I am looking forward to what changes he makes. I think you will find the K-State defense to be a little less predictable. I think a lot of tendencies we have had in the past will probably get broken.

“I think there will definitely be a lot of different stuff on first down. Nothing against Coach Hayes, but I think he had gotten into a bit of a routine and teams knew what to expect on first-and-10. We mainly ran a Cover 4 and that put us in a tough spot when teams would get seven yards on every first down. With how smart Blake is, he will throw in some stunts and run defense that will be a little different and better, instead of just falling back into a base defense.”
that's refreshing.  can you link that article?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 03:22:02 PM »
For years, K-State has been known for playing bend-don’t-break defense, a less-than-flattering description of a unit that regularly stopped the run and limited big plays but yielded huge yardage and struggled against the pass. Fans griped about soft coverage, defensive backs lining up 10 yards off receivers and a third-down formation that featured four pass-rushers.

So many games I was like  :bang:

Several players have used the word “aggressive” to describe Seiler’s scheme.

Now it sounds like I'll get to be all  :lynchmob:  :ksu:

Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. However, I am excited about the change. The articles were correct, Hays was way too predictable.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 03:55:36 PM »
I didn't care for the bending but had a soft spot for the not breaking

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 10:43:35 PM »
How back is it?

Depends on whether Adams’ achilles has healed and whether we have somebody else to play tackle with Dishon.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 11:59:50 AM »
Chances it is back are <= 10%