Author Topic: "my teams not a bunch of losers"  (Read 3442 times)

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
"my teams not a bunch of losers"
« on: November 12, 2017, 01:02:49 PM »
stated by DJamer after the loss @ Vandy. Now obviously, DJamer reed is a stud so this doesn't apply to him, but the rest of you losers..

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "my teams not a bunch of losers"
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 01:03:56 PM »
I'd argue that Duke is better on defense

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 01:04:42 PM »
Its sad that we are essentually wasting one of the most dynamic playmakers K-State has had under Snyder. Ever.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 01:07:10 PM »
All our losses have been by 1 score right?  If Ertz stays healthy and our coaching is less embarrassing, we would not be having anything even close to this conversation.  Our guys are (mostly) fine.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 01:12:20 PM »
All our losses have been by 1 score right?  If Ertz stays healthy and our coaching is less embarrassing, we would not be having anything even close to this conversation.  Our guys are (mostly) fine.

Its completely fair to say the QB injury situation has contributed a ton to these close losses.

But then again, its completely fair to say that the issues with QB injuries are partially because of the very offensive system we continue to choose to employ.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 01:14:02 PM »
Its sad that we are essentually wasting one of the most dynamic playmakers K-State has had under Snyder. Ever.

Sproles Sr year was worse
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 01:14:29 PM »

100% true.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 01:16:12 PM »

Its completely fair to say the QB injury situation has contributed a ton to these close losses.

But then again, its completely fair to say that the issues with QB injuries are partially because of the very offensive system we continue to choose to employ.

I agree, and to Dimel's credit it looks like we are finally trying to get away from that on our 3rd stringer.  Still, my point is that I think coaching likely cost us these games (and possibly a healthy first string QB), not a lack of talent on the field.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 01:16:31 PM »
the ertz excuse goes out the window after scoring seven points in nashville

preseason top 20 to 5-6 next weekend...I can post crap like this with a clean conscious

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 01:18:56 PM »

preseason top 20 to 5-6 next weekend...I can post crap like this with a clean conscious

I'm not convinced Ertz was completely healthy going into that game.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 01:19:12 PM »
I'd argue that Duke is better on defense

:sdeek:
I'm not sure Duke's mom would argue that

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 01:20:08 PM »

100% true.

Explain this you two. we had an unproven quarterback, with exactly zero starts/game experience, taking over under center in '04.

Dylan meier wasn't highly recruited, allen webb wasn't either (transfer from indiana with no experience) There wasn't much buzz about either within the program.

Lost all of our leaders on defense too (buhl, shull, washington, etc.) Someone look up returning starter numbers.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:23:41 PM by Pett »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 01:23:01 PM »

100% true.

Explain this you two. we had an unproven quarterback, with exactly zero starts/game experience, taking over under center in '04.

Dylan meier wasn't highly recruited, allen webb wasn't either (transfer from indiana with no playing experience) There wasn't much buzz about him within the program either.

Lost all of our leaders on defense too. someone look up returning starter numbers.

I didn't mean it was a more wasted season, all of your points are valid. But I do agree it was a bigger waste of a dynamic talent with Sproles, despite having few good pieces around him. It was sad to see Sproles end like that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 01:24:13 PM »

100% true.

Last time LHC Bill Snyder lost to Iowa State and the last time they beat us in Manhattan.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 01:26:05 PM »
No lower low, on the field for LHC Bill Snyder or Ron Prince, than being dominated by Iowa State, on our field, during Darren's senior day.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:34:41 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »
No lower low, on the field for LHC Bill Snyder or Ron Prince than being dominated by Iowa State, on our field, during Darren's senior day.

Yeah, that was a miserable day. We scored to go up 23-9 early in the 4th and then ISU reeled off 28 straight, including 21 points in the last 3 and half minutes.

Man.

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 02:03:29 PM »
Bill's about to lose to them again. The similarities between now and '04/'05 are shaping up quite sadly.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 02:07:06 PM »

I agree, and to Dimel's credit it looks like we are finally trying to get away from that on our 3rd stringer.  Still, my point is that I think coaching likely cost us these games (and possibly a healthy first string QB), not a lack of talent on the field.

It's a pendulum that's swung all the way back to "protect at all costs". Turning east-west after getting past the LOS - I think he was coached to do that to avoid the straight on hits.  Same with an occasional keeper even after WV started overselling on the inside stretch.  "Don't even think about it kid".

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 07:39:43 PM »
Duke is a much better corner.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 07:42:39 PM »
PW!

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 07:51:40 PM »
 :lynchmob:

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 11:38:26 PM »

I'm not convinced Ertz was completely healthy going into that game.

Agree.  There's a few shots of him during the Vandy game that looked like he was limping and then he'd visibly compose himself and start walking normally - but with a very determined look on his face.  Even in the few bits and pieces of the game I did get to watch I remember wondering if he wasn't already hurt, particularly given the performance overall.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 06:55:35 AM »
It shouldn't have mattered. Vandy has turned out to be a terrible team and it will go down as one of the worst losses of Snyder's career.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 07:48:05 AM »
No lower low, on the field for LHC Bill Snyder or Ron Prince than being dominated by Iowa State, on our field, during Darren's senior day.

Yeah, that was a miserable day. We scored to go up 23-9 early in the 4th and then ISU reeled off 28 straight, including 21 points in the last 3 and half minutes.

Man.

I had the unfortunate experience of being there with my girlfriend at the time and my 2 best friends, all huge ISU fans.  MISERABLE

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 11:09:30 AM »
It shouldn't have mattered. Vandy has turned out to be a terrible team and it will go down as one of the worst losses of Snyder's career.

What's crazy is they may still go to a bowl. They are 4-6, they host Mizzou this week and finish with Tennessee.