Author Topic: WVU Review  (Read 1872 times)

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
WVU Review
« on: November 11, 2017, 09:25:44 PM »
Game talking points:

Did Skylar shine? Not really, but as others pointed out I'm not sure how anyone would have. We could never get in a consistent groove on offense. I still think he is the best passing qb we have. That being said...

Our WR are somehow about the most dismal group out of ever position on this team besides the linebackers. Every critical third down they dropped. Pringles literally gets hurt once a game. So having a strong passing qb isn't going to help without anyone decent to throw it to.

Coaching was flat disgusting, we were getting beat on a three man rush consistently and throwing bombs to Dimel, not to mention the screen pass of doom. Also why the eff do we consistently run that rough ridin' WR screen route, we get offensive pass interference more than any team I know.

The defense actually played pretty damn good and Warmack looked great also. another typical kstate game to find a ridiculous way to lose. We need to fire Dimel.

Lastly I still think that McCrane made that field goal.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: WVU Review
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 09:33:15 PM »
Would be impossible to prove, but my gut says we win that game rather handily with a healthy Delton or Ertz.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 09:34:39 PM »
i agree chingon
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 09:34:57 PM »
Would be impossible to prove, but my gut says we win that game rather handily with a healthy Delton or Ertz.

I'm not going to argue  with this. If we would have shove it down their throats and did normal clock control. WVU was stupid, we would have won.

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 09:48:41 PM »

I'm not going to argue  with this. If we would have shove it down their throats and did normal clock control. WVU was stupid, we would have won.

How can you say that? We've lost games we should have won with the both of them playing QB and there's a reason they're both hurt and it's because of the dumb crap way our coaching staff both misuses our QBs and develops what they think is a game plan. My gut tells me that we'd have lost this game regardless of who the QB was. It's not them, it's the mindless idiots wearing the headsets and sitting in the booth above the field.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 09:51:32 PM »
someone explain the missed fg to me, and why it should have counted.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 09:52:45 PM »
on tv it looked like it was in to me, but i'm not looking straight up the pole so who knows
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 11:46:44 PM »
From the NEZ straight up from the West hash it looked like it was in the whole way.   :dunno:

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 12:26:35 PM »
Do we have NFL goalposts?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r22t52OJQ5Q[/youtube]
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 07:53:56 PM »
Game talking points:

Did Skylar shine? Not really, but as others pointed out I'm not sure how anyone would have. We could never get in a consistent groove on offense. I still think he is the best passing qb we have. That being said...

Our WR are somehow about the most dismal group out of ever position on this team besides the linebackers. Every critical third down they dropped. Pringles literally gets hurt once a game. So having a strong passing qb isn't going to help without anyone decent to throw it to.

Coaching was flat disgusting, we were getting beat on a three man rush consistently and throwing bombs to Dimel, not to mention the screen pass of doom. Also why the eff do we consistently run that rough ridin' WR screen route, we get offensive pass interference more than any team I know.

The defense actually played pretty damn good and Warmack looked great also. another typical kstate game to find a ridiculous way to lose. We need to fire Dimel.

Lastly I still think that McCrane made that field goal.

The WRs are so rough ridin' with my head. Early season I wanted them to showcase them more, throw more short passes, etc. because I thought this was an offensive strength. Then we start doing it more, and actually play our best passing QB (arguably, but I'll go with it), and they look like they've never practiced the screen pass. This offense is so depressing and confusing. Even with Ertz, I'm not sure how much better our record would be.