Author Topic: Delton VS Skylar  (Read 9462 times)

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Delton VS Skylar
« on: November 04, 2017, 07:08:39 PM »
Delton played decent today, however once again he should have had another 2 interceptions plus the one that was tipped.

As far as running goes? Maybe he has a bit more overall speed and wiggle than Skylar but he obviously isn't very durable in our battering ram offense.

Skylar has by far the most touch on his passes and seems to be able to check down receivers well. I don't think Delton would have won this game for us and I can't remember the last time we've had a qb put together a comeback and winning drive like this.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Delton VS Skylar
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 07:17:28 PM »
‘Should have had’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 07:23:39 PM »
Why do you do this stuff man? These dudes are sacrificing their bodies for Kansas State football. Just rough ridin' enjoy the win and these dudes without tearing them down.

Shitting on Delton is absolutely ridiculous, especially given how he played today.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 07:24:09 PM »
Delton has had two concussions in two weeks. Successive concussions like that are very dangerous. He is likely out for the year.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 07:24:59 PM »
Delton has had two concussions in two weeks. Successive concussions like that are very dangerous. He is likely out for the year.

clearly delton isn't very durable

:flush:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 07:26:28 PM »

Coddled

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 07:30:07 PM »
Delton’s biggest weakness is his height.  If he doesn’t have a clear throwing lane, he either floats a pass or gets it batted down.  Nothing against him, just genetics.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 07:30:54 PM »
Delton played great I'm not shitting on him. I'm being realistic, you want to win big games and have a legit program you go with Skylar. You want to be a middle of the road, one dimensional big 12 team then keeping switching back and forth between Skylar and Delton like Waters and Sams and waste everyone's time. It's an obvious choice.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 07:36:45 PM »
Delton played great I'm not shitting on him. I'm being realistic, you want to win big games and have a legit program you go with Skylar. You want to be a middle of the road, one dimensional big 12 team then keeping switching back and forth between Skylar and Delton like Waters and Sams and waste everyone's time. It's an obvious choice.

Do you know why they switched? Delton left both games with the lead. How in the hell is it his fault we ran five plays in the third quarter?

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 07:40:28 PM »

Do you know why they switched? Delton left both games with the lead. How in the hell is it his fault we ran five plays in the third quarter?

What are you getting at?

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 07:42:00 PM »
Not what I was saying, and asinine way to interpret it. My point is Delton has had concussions from two helmet to helmet blows -- and the first one wasn't even called. They would have sidelined anyone. Everything we know about concussion tells us Delton is in a fragile condition right now. I hope he doesn't see the field for the rest of the season.

I thought Delton played well today and coaches provided him pass plays he could have success with. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 07:50:21 PM »
I do agree a choice will need time be made, but that's for next year. Currently, you play the guy who won the job if they are healthy. IMO Delton has not done anything or played poorly enough to lose the job if he is healthy. I was very impressed with how the offense played in the 4th quarter, but that 3rd quarter was absolutely terrible. Granted part of that was the dumb illegal touching penalty.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 07:52:18 PM »
Yeah I think you're a bit naive if you're convinced Skylar can take us places Delton can't. Skylar certainly hasn't made any throws Delton hasn't shown he can make, and he hasn't faced the level of the competition that Delton has.

Both could lead very fine teams, and both could lead pretty meh teams depending on who they have around then.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 07:53:12 PM »
I do agree a choice will need time be made, but that's for next year. Currently, you play the guy who won the job if they are healthy. IMO Delton has not done anything or played poorly enough to lose the job if he is healthy. I was very impressed with how the offense played in the 4th quarter, but that 3rd quarter was absolutely terrible. Granted part of that was the dumb illegal touching penalty.
Agree with this.

I'm fine with a QB controversy

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 07:54:05 PM »
I do think bringing up the number of tipped balls by Delton is a legit point. I don't recall a tipped ball at the LOS from Sky.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2017, 07:58:25 PM »
I am tired of seeing QB’s used as battering rams, who aren’t big guys.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2017, 08:00:25 PM »
I do think bringing up the number of tipped balls by Delton is a legit point. I don't recall a tipped ball at the LOS from Sky.
I don't remember many from Delton before today either

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2017, 08:00:47 PM »
Do we have a hall of fame coach who loves having the reputation as a guy who schemes to his talent?  Isn’t that what we are supposed to have?  For the life of me I cannot understand the logic of piss pounding your skinny guys when the position has depth issues.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2017, 08:05:17 PM »
Tipped balls is definitely a coachable thing. I think Delton is a good QB, I’m just still all in on Sky because I think he is at least at the same level and has more years to go.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 08:10:44 PM »

Coddled

Remember when you tweeted that Ertz was a bad choice as starting QB? :lol:

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 08:13:51 PM »
IMO we havn't really seen enough of either Delton or Skylar to really say which is better, other than 'first impression' quality opinions.

Both have played well in general and, were it not for the coaching staff putting Ertz back in at the end of the Texas game, it's entirely likely that both would have put together come back wins, although that's pure speculation of course.

As it stands now, Skylar at least seems to have a bit more presence in the pocket and he also makes it look a lot easier. 

Delton tends to look like how I'd feel if 'I' were the one out there (that is to say, looking occasionally lost, stressed to eff out and wondering who to hell thought it was a good idea to put me in).

Delton has less eligibility but can be an excellent runner, although his physical limitations clearly impact his passing ability.  He clearly makes a good #2.  Skylar has more eligibility and his passes don't look like skeet flying out there to be picked off but not as good of a runner.  I'd prefer personally to see him the starter unless/until Ertz comes back.

But what do I know, I'm a loudmouthed idiot.  I'm just happy to see a come back win, and in a game I really didn't expect to see any type of win.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 08:14:28 PM »

Coddled

He still is. And you blocked me on twitter, so why do you care what I tweet? Triggered. Sad.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 08:17:28 PM »
One thing that should be said: Sky has still never started a game, which means he has never had an entire week to prep with the first team.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2017, 08:18:23 PM »

Coddled

He still is. And you blocked me on twitter, so why do you care what I tweet? Triggered. Sad.

:lol: nobody can ever take you seriously. EVER!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2017, 08:19:46 PM »
Unfortunately you came into my feed from the King, but you never disappoint. 'Grats!