Author Topic: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean  (Read 56869 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean
« Reply #525 on: January 17, 2018, 11:01:41 PM »
T's & P's to consensus first team all-American punter Sean Snyder and his family. :cry:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 17, 2018, 11:46:36 PM »
Heartbreaking news for his family.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 18, 2018, 12:17:51 AM »
How devastating. Health issue?  Car accident?

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 18, 2018, 03:11:52 AM »
Forgot it was 2018.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 01:55:23 PM by waks »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 18, 2018, 03:37:28 AM »
In yesterday's police report...

Officers filed a report for aggravated battery, criminal damage to property, and reckless driving at Kimball Ave. and N. Seth Child Rd. on January 16, 2017 at approximately 10:05 PM. Officers listed Alison Burton, 23, of Manhattan, and Roy Jones, 26, of Manhattan, as victims when they reported that a suspect intentionally struck their vehicle with his own. Matthew Snyder, 21, of Manhattan, was arrested for aggravated battery, criminal damage to property, and reckless driving. Snyder’s bond was set at $8,000.00. Snyder was not confined at the time of this report.

Sad, regardless.

That was 1/17/2017

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 18, 2018, 06:45:27 AM »
Oh man, oh terrible.  Definitely prayers for the Snyder family.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 18, 2018, 06:53:21 AM »
Awful. Praying.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 18, 2018, 07:02:07 AM »
 :cry:

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 18, 2018, 07:21:32 AM »
THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T DO WHAT WE DID
LHC LHC Bill Snyder closed out his 26th season as Kansas State head coach last night, coming back with four unanswered touchdowns in the second half to beat UCLA 35-17 in the Cactus Bowl.  The former Iowa assistant is godlike in Manhattan, having built the program from quite literally nothing; attendance was so low before he arrived at KSU in 1989 that the program was threatened with moving to D-IAA or disbanding altogether.  The stadium is named after his family.

With his future as coach in question due to his age, it's Snyder's family that's a bit of a problem now.  Snyder has a perpetual contract, allowing him four years on the same terms going forward.  In other words, there is no negotiation pushing the issue of Snyder's retirement.  Snyder has done nothing to put his job in jeopardy, and could not be fired even if he did -- HIS FAMILY'S NAME IS ON THE STADIUM -- and he holds the absolute right to remain in the job for as long as he wants.  And Snyder has made it clear that he wants his son to have the head job when he retires.

Sean Snyder is the Kansas State associate head coach and special teams coordinator.  He started his collegiate football career as a punter at Iowa, moved to Kansas State with his dad in 1990, and was an all-American punter for Kansas State in 1993.  He has been an assistant on staff since 1994.  Sean Snyder has never called a play, and never been a serious candidate to leave the school.  As Sam Mellinger at the Kansas City Star pointed out last month, he would not be a serious candidate to be a head coach at any other program.

The previous athletics administration tried to short circuit the Snyder succession plan by hiring then-Colorado defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt as a coach in waiting.  Leavitt's resume would make him a more obvious choice for KSU: He's a former Wildcat assistant, he essentially built the USF program from scratch, and while he's had his share of scandal, his on-field track record is excellent.  Snyder would have none of it, not because Leavitt is unqualified or deficient, but because his name isn't Snyder.  Of course, there is another former Kansas State assistant on the market who has called plenty of plays and won a few more games than Sean Snyder.  Again, there is no sign that Snyder would allow Bret Bielema to take over should he step aside.  On Signing Day last week, Snyder was noncommittal about his future, clearly indicating that he'll wait until the coaching carousel has stopped long enough that Kansas State would have no choice but to promote Sean.

LHC LHC Bill Snyder announced Wednesday he is a definite maybe to be back at Kansas State next season.

In other words, a continuing example of how not to run a college football program on National Signing Day. Or perhaps more accurately -- a textbook example of how to take out that same program at the knees.

"I'm in the process [of deciding]," Snyder told reporters. "It will be a little bit."

The guess here is that Snyder -- the game's oldest coach -- absolutely knows whether he is coming back for a 27th season. But for reasons both petty and stubborn, he's stringing out his announcement.

Better for his agenda. Bad for K-State football. Really bad.

I'm not saying this is Iowa's situation.  For one, Brian Ferentz has now called some plays.  For another, Brian Ferentz did coach somewhere else for at least a few years.  But there is little doubt that Kirk Ferentz has the same unbreakable bargaining position as LHC LHC Bill Snyder -- Ferentz's created more by contract than reputation, but that contract was built on twenty years of stability and success -- and the same end goal.  Frankly, the same candidates at Kansas State would likely be in play at Iowa; both Leavitt and Bielema have ties to the program, though Leavitt's are obviously not as pronounced as having a Tiger Hawk tattoo.

I asked Twitter one day earlier this month if it would be OK with Ferentz retiring in January if it meant Brian Ferentz got the job:

The most common response was something like "Sure, because at least he could be fired if he was unsuccessful."  And that seems to be where Kansas State is headed at some point in the next few years, a move not toward the best candidate but toward some semblance of accountability from a coach for the first time in years.  And man, that's an uninspired reason to make a hire.  But watch KSU closely over the next few weeks (and, if Snyder doesn't leave, the next few years), because it could be a look at our future.

https://www.goiowaawesome.com/iowa-hawkeyes-news/2017/12/2473/its-not-plagiarism-if-you-link-to-it-is-in-waiting

He's not wrong

Yes he is wrong.  Snyder's AA season was 1992, not 1993.

The Big Train

« Reply #535 on: January 18, 2018, 07:27:34 AM »
:frown:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 18, 2018, 07:32:52 AM »
I'm lucky to not have someone close to me commit suicide and can only imagine the wreckage it leaves with close friends and family.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 18, 2018, 08:00:23 AM »
Ts and Ps to the Snyder family. What an incredibly tough time for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 18, 2018, 08:41:53 AM »
very very sad news

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 18, 2018, 09:31:00 AM »
I'm lucky to not have someone close to me commit suicide and can only imagine the wreckage it leaves with close friends and family.

as someone who had a sibling do it, it is something you think about every day.    It is really the worst, knowing that it was a decision someone made and not an accident or unavoidable illness.   :cry:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: January 18, 2018, 09:35:04 AM »

as someone who had a sibling do it, it is something you think about every day.    It is really the worst, knowing that it was a decision someone made and not an accident or unavoidable illness.   :cry:

OMG, sorry to hear that Mikeyis4dcats  :frown:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 18, 2018, 10:29:50 AM »

Very sorry to hear that, man. In my youth I battled depression for several years and contemplated suicide often (daily). FWIW, your sibling simply could not see through the cloud of depression, and probably thought it would never end. I hope you don't blame yourself in any way, it's difficult to know where suicidal people are emotionally unless you've been there before. I don't know how to make it better until people are more willing to talk about their feelings. Most people hide those demons. :(
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 18, 2018, 10:39:03 AM »

Very sorry to hear that, man. In my youth I battled depression for several years and contemplated suicide often (daily). FWIW, your sibling simply could not see through the cloud of depression, and probably thought it would never end. I hope you don't blame yourself in any way, it's difficult to know where suicidal people are emotionally unless you've been there before. I don't know how to make it better until people are more willing to talk about their feelings. Most people hide those demons. :(
Same. http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=40143.0

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 18, 2018, 10:44:35 AM »
The thing about mental illness and depression, is for years ppl would think you were crazy if you talked about how you were feeling. Many still struggle to communicate this, because of this. I feel like being open about it is the first step to recovery. Truth is, ppl who've never experienced said symptoms, do treat you differently like you're some coocoo bird. In a age of movements, this should be up there on the top of the list.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 18, 2018, 11:01:52 AM »
 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 26, 2018, 02:08:55 PM »
I wrote Sean Snyder a brief email after he lost his son, and he did sent a thoughtful response.  He seems to have Bill's penchant for writing well-considered notes.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 07, 2018, 10:07:11 AM »
I wrote Sean Snyder a brief email after he lost his son, and he did sent a thoughtful response.  He seems to have Bill's penchant for writing well-considered notes.

I suppose this fits the pro-Sean talking point on consistency. Aren't we destined to have Sean for some period of time; it is the most likely outcome, right?

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 07, 2018, 11:56:43 AM »

I suppose this fits the pro-Sean talking point on consistency. Aren't we destined to have Sean for some period of time; it is the most likely outcome, right?
At this point I say Sean is most definitely our next coach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023