Author Topic: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean  (Read 57250 times)

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2017, 11:36:23 AM »
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:39:43 AM by manpow5 »

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2017, 11:37:44 AM »
I hope Taylor knows how pissed people will be if we hire Sean.
Sure, "we" will be pissed, but remember. KSU has a lot more dumbass fans than non dumbass fans. There is a large segment that want Sean to be the next coach. Those fans would rather be terrible at basketball than have a coach that cursed on the sidelines. My hope is that this is at least embarrassing enough for some of the more important dumbasses to not be such dumbasses.

lolwut? I know hundreds of fans and only a few "wanted" Sean, and that was only after K-State finished strong last year and they thought he could keep the program where it was. Now, I don't think I know a single person that would say Sean is their #1 choice.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2017, 11:57:58 AM »
Some people on this board have a bad habit of assuming that other k-state fans are incredibly stupid or naive.  They do this because of oscar, but forget that a good portion of our fanbase doesn't give a crap about basketball.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2017, 12:32:24 PM »
I'm so sick of Snyder 2.0 ball I could barf. If this means our future is with Sean, I quit kstate sports until proven wrong.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2017, 12:34:13 PM »

And why we are stuck with #Bruce4eva. "oh no we might hire someone that is worse than the bottom half of the conference every year!". I have 0 faith in our athletic department to do anything right at this point, regardless of who is running it. K-State sports is a complete shitshow and we seem happy just to be in a P5 conference. AFAIC we can just drop athletics altogether here, we're never going to amount to crap in anything ever again anyways.

I stand behind my earlier post

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2017, 12:35:20 PM »
Some people on this board have a bad habit of assuming that other k-state fans are incredibly stupid or naive.  They do this because of oscar, but forget that a good portion of our fanbase doesn't give a crap about basketball.

Yep.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2017, 12:41:33 PM »

Yep.
Well, people also do it because an awful lot of people care about football and think Snyder and his tree are the only ones who hold the "secret sauce" necessary to win at KSU.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2017, 12:41:58 PM »
this doesnt and shouldnt surprise anyone. he is a control freak and its not the first time he has put himself in front of whats best for the university. hell we would have had vanier 2.0 10 years ago if it wsnt for snyder and the construction "affecting his day to day"

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2017, 12:47:02 PM »

Yep.
You know to be honest, I don't give two shits about basketball.  We were a shity BB school for way to long.  Thank god football brought us out of the hellhole that the crappy birds to the east had us trapped in.  Look at how shitty they have become.  I don't want us to be in the  same shithole as KU football.  So plz. AD don't eff this up. 

P.S.  The football fanatics are all calling for Dimel's head and a change in coaching. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2017, 12:48:21 PM »

Yep.
Well, people also do it because an awful lot of people care about football and think Snyder and his tree are the only ones who hold the "secret sauce" necessary to win at KSU.

The problem with most kstate fans is the blind faith that they have in their leaders. We are not a group that likes to question.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:23:50 PM by Dr Rick Daris »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2017, 01:01:00 PM »

Yep.

The problem with most kstate fans are is the blind faith that they have in their leaders. We are not a group that likes to question.

good conservative midwest values.
and a good portion of our fanbase are incredibly stupid and naive.  need proof just go to a catbacker event.  or wildcat pride or whatever that website is called.
when your entrance criteria is "graduate high school", you're not pumping out rhodes scholars 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2017, 01:11:03 PM »

It's Wildcat Salute's fault, really.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2017, 01:16:39 PM »
You think you know what program needs better than LHC Bill Snyder?

- Paraphrase from multitudes of fans online
- Also paraphrase from LHC Bill Snyder

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2017, 01:20:02 PM »
You think you know what program needs better than LHC Bill Snyder?

- Paraphrase from multitudes of fans online
- Also paraphrase from LHC Bill Snyder

:lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2017, 01:27:28 PM »
as a whole, I think I'm ready to pull a Pete. kstate sports (like most things) are fun until they aren't and kstate sports haven't been fun for a few years now. i'll check out the recaps and stuff moving forward, but it's going to take something major in a sport to get me to care again. I just can't even seem to care that much about this mess of a mess.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2017, 01:35:24 PM »
You know what would be FUN? Bret Bielema!!!

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2017, 01:36:41 PM »
I hope Taylor knows how pissed people will be if we hire Sean.
Sure, "we" will be pissed, but remember. KSU has a lot more dumbass fans than non dumbass fans. There is a large segment that want Sean to be the next coach. Those fans would rather be terrible at basketball than have a coach that cursed on the sidelines. My hope is that this is at least embarrassing enough for some of the more important dumbasses to not be such dumbasses.

Part of me believes this to be true, but the fallout that I'm seeing on the internet and Facebook from this is not positive at all. At the moment, it doesn't look like their are a lot of people who want Sean to take over.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2017, 01:40:46 PM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2017, 01:41:36 PM »
BITB gonna BITB.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2017, 01:42:46 PM »
Don't understand the Bill Self and LHC Bill Snyder comparisons

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2017, 01:59:48 PM »
from our guy d scott:

A report earlier Thursday stated that Jim Leavitt had a verbal agreement last year to become Kansas State’s head coach-in-waiting and assume head coaching duties in 2018.

Leavitt, the current Oregon defensive coordinator and one-time Snyder assistant coach tells GoPowercat.com that “I have no desire nor I ever had had a desire to be a coach in waiting.”

Leavitt made a statement to GoPowercat.com hours after a Facebook post by former ESPN writer Brett McMurphy went live Thursday morning, with details creating a stir among a K-State fan base after a source told McMurphy that top school officials, including K-State President Richard Myers, along with top boosters were all for Leavitt joining the K-State coaching staff in 2017 with plans to slide into the head coach position after the season.

The plan, according to the report, was nixed by K-State head coach LHC Bill Snyder because he wanted his son Sean, the team’s associate head coach and special teams coordinator, to serve as his replacement.

“I have no desire nor I ever have had a desire to be coach in waiting,” Leavitt said in a message. “I always have been and always will be Coach Snyder’s number one fan. If Coach ever retires, which may not be for some time, I would want whatever is best for KSU and the people of Kansas. Hopefully sometime soon I will have the opportunity to be a head coach again. For now my only concern is to help build our defense at Oregon.”

The 78-year-old Snyder has made no public announcement about a possible retirement, although he has publicly endorsed Sean as a possible successor on a few occasions in recent years.

Leavitt served under Snyder between 1990 and 1995 and spent the final four seasons at K-State as co-defensive coordinator with Bob Stoops.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2017, 02:01:25 PM »
it's possible Brett McMurphy was CLOSE to knowing the full/correct story but i've heard something slightly different and way more dramatic.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2017, 02:04:22 PM »
it's possible Brett McMurphy was CLOSE to knowing the full/correct story but i've heard something slightly different and way more dramatic.