Author Topic: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean  (Read 56874 times)

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2017, 03:44:20 PM »
Sean doesn't like Dana. A+ source.

This is probably part of the problem. I sure in some ways he sees Dana as a threat as these guys position themselves for the future as much as he sees him as not good at his job.

Then we have this group of guys that are only here because they are loyal to Snyder and waiting for him to retire so they can as well.

When a season goes south with that mix its bound to turn into a mess.

Oh god, are you implying that our Admin might actually consider Dimel as the head guy? Tell me I'm wrong.
could be wrong but i think what he is saying is that dana is calling plays to help his position at another school after this year (which we all know isnt working very well for him)

Yes, pretty much this.

Whether or not the admin would consider it or not, its not crazy that Dimel would think he has a chance at the job considering he's been a head coach before. He probably sees the only in-house competition as Sean and I'm sure Dana would believe that he is the better candidate.

I see, makes sense. Dana would definitely think he has a shot, even if it is a long shot from any objective analysis. I mean, wouldn't they hire Sean before Dana?

If we are going to go the non-Sean, continuity route, than I want to bring in an up and comer. The trouble of course is that if you land someone like Matt Campbell who turns out well, then he'll probably leave for a more prestigious job. Of course, this brings me back to Gary Patterson, (or some quality guy with a KSU connect) but he is in the midst of becoming a Snyder like figure in Fort Worth. Things are not well my friends. Things are not well. The idea of Venables is pretty laughable. His first choice would never be to take over for a legend in MHK. Being a high paid assistant coach has to be a very nice gig. Why leave that for KSU?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2017, 08:38:08 AM »
I see, makes sense. Dana would definitely think he has a shot, even if it is a long shot from any objective analysis. I mean, wouldn't they hire Sean before Dana?

If we are going to go the non-Sean, continuity route, than I want to bring in an up and comer. The trouble of course is that if you land someone like Matt Campbell who turns out well, then he'll probably leave for a more prestigious job. Of course, this brings me back to Gary Patterson, (or some quality guy with a KSU connect) but he is in the midst of becoming a Snyder like figure in Fort Worth. Things are not well my friends. Things are not well. The idea of Venables is pretty laughable. His first choice would never be to take over for a legend in MHK. Being a high paid assistant coach has to be a very nice gig. Why leave that for KSU?

This is bad reason to not consider a coach IMO. If a guy is only here 3-5 seasons but has great enough success to leave for a bigger program, I have no problem with that. It will only make K-State football better. Of course we all would like a 20+ year guy like Snyder, but I don't think that is realistic. If we get a guy that is successful and stays 10-15 years that would exceed my expectations at this point.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2017, 08:42:11 AM »

This is bad reason to not consider a coach IMO. If a guy is only here 3-5 seasons but has great enough success to leave for a bigger program, I have no problem with that. It will only make K-State football better. Of course we all would like a 20+ year guy like Snyder, but I don't think that is realistic. If we get a guy that is successful and stays 10-15 years that would exceed my expectations at this point.

People like this are why we're gonna get Sean

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2017, 09:05:11 AM »

People like this are why we're gonna get Sean

And why we are stuck with #Bruce4eva. "oh no we might hire someone that is worse than the bottom half of the conference every year!". I have 0 faith in our athletic department to do anything right at this point, regardless of who is running it. K-State sports is a complete shitshow and we seem happy just to be in a P5 conference. AFAIC we can just drop athletics altogether here, we're never going to amount to crap in anything ever again anyways.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2017, 09:10:18 AM »
Jesus #LIFE, we get it. Didn't you say this board sucked? Why are you still posting here then?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2017, 09:12:42 AM »
And why we are stuck with #Bruce4eva. "oh no we might hire someone that is worse than the bottom half of the conference every year!". I have 0 faith in our athletic department to do anything right at this point, regardless of who is running it. K-State sports is a complete shitshow and we seem happy just to be in a P5 conference. AFAIC we can just drop athletics altogether here, we're never going to amount to crap in anything ever again anyways.

I mean I get it, but this is a bit ridiculous. The oscar hire had much more to do with Currie being in charge than it did with the culture of K-State athletics IMO.

And we could have done much, much worse than oscar, see someone like Anderson at Missouri.

I mean, do you truly believe K-State will never be "good" in athletics again? Might as well just go be a Kentucky basketball and Alabama football fan.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2017, 09:14:55 AM »
I think it's all but a certainty that whoever we go after is going to have K-State ties in some fashion, and frankly, I don't think I mind that.  Sure, "what if he leaves in 3-5 years" shouldn't be the focal point of a coaching search, but it should at least be a consideration, all else being equal.

Snyder has one of the best coaching trees in CFB history.  It would be incredibly stupid to disregard that.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2017, 09:23:09 AM »
I think it's all but a certainty that whoever we go after is going to have K-State ties in some fashion, and frankly, I don't think I mind that.  Sure, "what if he leaves in 3-5 years" shouldn't be the focal point of a coaching search, but it should at least be a consideration, all else being equal.

Snyder has one of the best coaching trees in CFB history.  It would be incredibly stupid to disregard that.

That's fair.

I just don't want something Weiser level stupid because of a binder or Currie level stupid because its extremely safe.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2017, 10:17:49 AM »

That's fair.

I just don't want something Weiser level stupid because of a binder or Currie level stupid because its extremely safe.
For sure.  If Taylor/Myers go outside of some of the more obvious names that come to mind, I'll be very surprised.  I don't think they should, and they don't strike me as the types to do that.  Especially given the Prince case study.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2017, 10:27:03 AM »
Sean doesn't like Dana. A+ source.

This is probably part of the problem. I sure in some ways he sees Dana as a threat as these guys position themselves for the future as much as he sees him as not good at his job.

Then we have this group of guys that are only here because they are loyal to Snyder and waiting for him to retire so they can as well.

When a season goes south with that mix its bound to turn into a mess.

Oh god, are you implying that our Admin might actually consider Dimel as the head guy? Tell me I'm wrong.
could be wrong but i think what he is saying is that dana is calling plays to help his position at another school after this year (which we all know isnt working very well for him)

Yes, pretty much this.

Whether or not the admin would consider it or not, its not crazy that Dimel would think he has a chance at the job considering he's been a head coach before. He probably sees the only in-house competition as Sean and I'm sure Dana would believe that he is the better candidate.

Double the money, my friend.  Plus is an Alum and home town is around 50 miles away.  Bingo!!!
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2017, 10:51:35 AM »
Infuriating
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline AtlantaWildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2017, 10:55:47 AM »
Sean sucks, we are witnessing here today, one of the worst choices as an Athletic Department and its not one to be taken lightly.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2017, 10:57:16 AM »
apparently we didn't deserve Currie

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2017, 10:58:50 AM »
I hope Taylor knows how pissed people will be if we hire Sean.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2017, 10:59:02 AM »
Fully story:

Jim Leavitt had a verbal agreement last year to become Kansas State’s head coach-in-waiting and become its current coach in 2018, but KSU coach LHC Bill Snyder nixed it because he wanted his son Sean as his replacement.

Sources said Kansas State’s top officials, including president Richard Myers, and the school’s highest-profile boosters were all on board with Leavitt, then a Colorado assistant, joining KSU's staff and then replacing the legendary
Snyder after the 2017 season. Leavitt and the school had an agreement, guaranteeing Leavitt $3 million if he wasn’t named K-State’s coach by Jan. 1, 2018.

However, last December, Snyder pushed back on Leavitt, a former KSU assistant, being named his replacement because Snyder wanted his son Sean, currently KSU’s associate head coach and special teams coordinator, to replace him, sources said.
Snyder’s K-State contract stipulates when he’s done coaching at KSU he will be a “special assistant to the athletic director” and “shall also have appropriate input … regarding the selection of the next head football coach.”

After Snyder refused to give his approval of Leavitt as his replacement, Leavitt left Colorado to become defensive coordinator at Oregon. Leavitt’s contract at Oregon includes a clause
that he won’t have to pay UO a buyout “should he voluntarily terminate this agreement to become the head football coach at Kansas State University.”

In late 2016/early 2017, Kansas State officials were prepared to approach Snyder again about approving Leavitt as his replacement. However, Snyder, who turned 78 on Oct. 7, was diagnosed with throat cancer, so the school
opted to no longer pursue the plan for Leavitt to replace Snyder.

In 2015, Snyder told me he wanted his son Sean to follow in his footsteps.
“I have a strong belief, and my preference is Sean,” Snyder said. “He knows more about our football program than anyone. He runs our program. I have great confidence in him.
“It's easy to say, ‘He's your son,’ but I don't wish coaching on anyone,” he said, adding he would support his son “if that's what he wants to do.”

In his 26th season at KSU, Snyder is 207-110-1. A member of the College Football Hall of Fame, Snyder is responsible for the greatest turnaround of a program in college football history.
The desire to have Leavitt return to Kansas State as its coach-in-waiting wasn’t the first time the Wildcats reached out to Leavitt.

Late in the 2005 season, K-State contacted Leavitt, then USF’s head coach, about being Snyder’s replacement when Snyder first retired. USF had two games remaining and if the Bulls won out, they could have played in a BCS bowl. KSU wanted an immediate commitment from Leavitt, who told KSU he wouldn’t talk to them until after the season. KSU wouldn’t wait and hired Ron Prince instead.
Leavitt came to USF from K-State, where he was an assistant from 1990-95, the final four seasons as a co-defensive coordinator with Bob Stoops.

Leavitt was at USF from 1995 to 2009. He was a San Francisco 49ers assistant from 2011-14 and Colorado’s defensive coordinator in 2015 and 2016 before taking the Oregon DC job in December.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurphy/posts/1743061529051237
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:03:45 AM by Joker »

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2017, 10:59:22 AM »
I guess perhaps goes in Snyder Things, but is this Bill "Its Patterson Leavitt!" this all up?

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2017, 11:08:11 AM »
Welp,  :frown:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2017, 11:13:59 AM »
I fvcking pissed. I mean, I feel like we knew this, but I'm pissed... and I should be, right?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2017, 11:15:07 AM »
I fvcking pissed. I mean, I feel like we knew this, but I'm pissed... and I should be, right?

I think we all knew this was probably going on, but chose not to "really" believe it.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2017, 11:16:37 AM »
Now that the HC position is settled we can focus our energy debating assistants!

Who's going to coach special teams now?  :ohno:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2017, 11:18:11 AM »
I mean, we all probably knew this was happening. Hopefully it being fully out in the open makes even the dumbasses mad and the old man beats it after this year.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2017, 11:19:29 AM »
My guess is that Leavitt is seeing the writing on the wall (he isn't going to get the job) and he leaked it to McMurphy. This is likely Leavitt's last (only?) chance at a P5 job.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2017, 11:22:35 AM »
I hope Taylor knows how pissed people will be if we hire Sean.
Sure, "we" will be pissed, but remember. KSU has a lot more dumbass fans than non dumbass fans. There is a large segment that want Sean to be the next coach. Those fans would rather be terrible at basketball than have a coach that cursed on the sidelines. My hope is that this is at least embarrassing enough for some of the more important dumbasses to not be such dumbasses.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2017, 11:22:51 AM »
eff LHC Bill Snyder