Author Topic: Stay and cheers or slam some beers?  (Read 10250 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Stay and cheers or slam some beers?
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2017, 06:46:21 PM »
why don't you alcoholics who don't care about cat football just go to a bar or like your house or something?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2017, 06:49:42 PM »
Folks that leave the stadium and don't make it back in time for the first couple second half drives aren't missing anything. It's basically 4-6 QB runs, an errant throw or two, maybe a FG, and our defense giving up a TD or two.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 06:54:19 PM by EMAWican »

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2017, 06:50:51 PM »
Crowd surfing was so much fun. The nervous feeling you get when you have made up your mind to do it and hand your bud the contents of your pockets...wow!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2017, 06:55:36 PM »
ITT: alcoholics rationalizing
Didn't want to say it, but...

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2017, 06:57:39 PM »
why don't you alcoholics who don't care about cat football just go to a bar or like your house or something?
Hermet pothead judging ppl wanting to party on a Saturday with friends and family. I've seen it all on the Internet now.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2017, 06:58:05 PM »

If people want to leave the stadium and socialize with their buddies then awesome. If they want to pound beers cool. That doesn’t make them alcoholics. They’re maximizing their fun within the rules allowed by K-State and the stadium they operate.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2017, 07:02:23 PM »
Scott, don't waste your time, you can't rationalize with lib. He throws out blanket statements like that on the reg with ppl he doesn't even know. Racist, alcoholic, etc. if you're not smoking pot 24/7/365 in closed doors judging others on the Internet for their fun, he has no time for you.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2017, 07:05:29 PM »
I’m not going to paint him into a box, and I’m not going to tell people what they should or shouldn’t do inside of the rules K-State has and I think the argument of if fans should or shouldn’t leave at half time under the guidelines is stupid. The conversation should be if the rule should be changed to maximize revenue at the stadium and increasing the desire to stay in the stadium.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2017, 07:08:24 PM »
I’m not going to paint him into a box, and I’m not going to tell people what they should or shouldn’t do inside of the rules K-State has and I think the argument of if fans should or shouldn’t leave at half time under the guidelines is stupid. The conversation should be if the rule should be changed to maximize revenue at the stadium and increasing the desire to stay in the stadium.

change it  :thumbs:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2017, 07:08:53 PM »
I think K-State could very easily start selling Beer and wine and create meeting spots or atmospheres on the concourse that would allow you to stop reentry rules which would still allow for socializing and increase revenue and start of second half attendance. That is what the conversation should be instead of the predictable roundabout clown car show this turned into.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2017, 07:10:15 PM »
Scott, don't waste your time, you can't rationalize with lib. He throws out blanket statements like that on the reg with ppl he doesn't even know. Racist, alcoholic, etc. if you're not smoking pot 24/7/365 in closed doors judging others on the Internet for their fun, he has no time for you.

wackycat08, i say this because i want you to be a better person and poster... you take things entirely too seriously and personal.  lighten up, it's wednesday

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2017, 07:10:44 PM »

If people want to leave the stadium and socialize with their buddies then awesome. If they want to pound beers cool. That doesn’t make them alcoholics. They’re maximizing their fun within the rules allowed by K-State and the stadium they operate.
You're right. Those acts do not make anyone an alcoholic.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2017, 07:33:54 PM »
lol what? for the record i don't even drink

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2017, 07:38:29 PM »

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2017, 07:42:31 PM »
I think it is inevitable that re-entry will stop at some point in the near future. People going in and out of a stadium represent a security risk. Somehow it hasn't happened yet, but at some point there is going to be an incident at a stadium that prompts all leagues and schools to end the practice. It's hard enough to quickly but effectively screen 50,000-100,000 people once... having to do so multiple times is asking too much.

As for me, I never leave. I get to go to maybe six or seven games per year. I can hang out with family or friends virtually any other day. If I'm going to spend thousands on donations and tickets, it's not going to be so that I can watch part of a game. I love tailgating before the games, and we often times sit around and knock back a couple more afterwards while waiting for the lots to clear, but during? I just don't see the appeal. To each their own, but that's just not for me. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2017, 07:52:39 PM »
I'm p weird bc on the one hand I find it irritating when the stade is only 1/2 full for the start of the second half -- esp when it could be drives that seize momentum, but on the other hand I know I don't provide much to the home field advantage.

I do stand the whole game, and I cheer real loud and slap hands with everyone around me when the cats make a great play, but otherwise I'm standing there with my arms crossed and freak out quietly to myself. I might yell the first couple defensive drives and the occasional critical 3rd down

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2017, 07:54:41 PM »
i'm not going to get mad at people who don't come back in, let alone in time for kick. If they're having a better time in the parking lot than they are inside then good for them. Have fun, but if i was calling the shots, I would sell beer and win in the stadium until the end of the 3rd qtr, and stop allowing reentry.
Yeah, this works well for WVU. Student section is getting absolutely crap on this year, though. Whole stadium is full on national television and then they pan to the enormous student section in the 3rd qtr and its a ghost town. Pretty embarrassing.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2017, 07:55:05 PM »
I give myself headaches from all of my yelling. I cheer super loud for Duuuuuke. I also call the other team cheaters from time to time. Other fun things.

It'd be cool if KSU had enough demand for tickets to price out those that are there as a gathering and not to cheer on the cats. Maybe someday.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2017, 07:56:48 PM »
I'm p weird bc on the one hand I find it irritating when the stade is only 1/2 full for the start of the second half -- esp when it could be drives that seize momentum, but on the other hand I know I don't provide much to the home field advantage.

I do stand the whole game, and I cheer real loud and slap hands with everyone around me when the cats make a great play, but otherwise I'm standing there with my arms crossed and freak out quietly to myself. I might yell the first couple defensive drives and the occasional critical 3rd down

Very similar. I used to lose my voice, but I don't do that anymore. I suppose if you miss half the 3rd Q slamming beers, but are really loud when you are in the Bill, you might be a "better" fan than me.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2017, 07:58:41 PM »
I give myself headaches from all of my yelling. I cheer super loud for Duuuuuke. I also call the other team cheaters from time to time. Other fun things.

It'd be cool if KSU had enough demand for tickets to price out those that are there as a gathering and not to cheer on the cats. Maybe someday.
It's hard to take you serious at times.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2017, 08:07:26 PM »
i'm not going to get mad at people who don't come back in, let alone in time for kick. If they're having a better time in the parking lot than they are inside then good for them. Have fun, but if i was calling the shots, I would sell beer and win in the stadium until the end of the 3rd qtr, and stop allowing reentry.
Yeah, this works well for WVU. Student section is getting absolutely crap on this year, though. Whole stadium is full on national television and then they pan to the enormous student section in the 3rd qtr and its a ghost town. Pretty embarrassing.

it seems like pretty much everyone is dealing with this.  millennials smdh

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2017, 08:22:17 PM »

This made me laugh irl.  This is exactly me. My wife never understands why i'm not going crazy after we score and i try to explain it's because i'm already freaked out about the next series...i don't have time to celebrate, I need this time to have a quick panic attack before we kick off.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2017, 08:25:02 PM »
How large is the Cats student section? WVU has 12500 for students. That is absolutely nuts, especially given their piss poor attendance.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2017, 08:29:51 PM »
How large is the Cats student section? WVU has 12500 for students. That is absolutely nuts, especially given their piss poor attendance.
White sections. I sit in section 23 like a boss. DUUUUKKKKKEEEEEEE! Seriously Duke is the best player on the team.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 08:39:21 PM by SdK »