Author Topic: “We expect to win every game, and I mean that literally.” -Jesse Ertz  (Read 16533 times)

The Big Train

Re: “We expect to win every game, and I mean that literally.” -Jesse Ertz
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2017, 10:23:29 PM »
:flush:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2017, 10:27:40 PM »
I'm really high on Ertz. And yes, that is mostly because he's a winner. But I also think he throws the ball well, which is helped by the fact we have better receivers than we have in a long time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I approve of this thread and am excited for this season.

Go Cats.

Wow. I regret everything in this post.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2017, 10:34:19 PM »
I'm really high on Ertz. And yes, that is mostly because he's a winner. But I also think he throws the ball well, which is helped by the fact we have better receivers than we have in a long time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I approve of this thread and am excited for this season.

Go Cats.

Wow. I regret everything in this post.

Chill, he was 13-19 for 231 yards 2 touchdowns and 1 int. Every single one of us would have taken that gong into this game. If his injury is preventing him from running properly, he shouldn't be playing.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2017, 10:38:22 PM »
He nweds to retire
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2017, 10:41:36 PM »
Ertz had a chance to endear himself by leading a drive at the end of the game.  He didn't.  Every time he has been in that position he has failed.

I'm ready to roll with Delton or Thompson.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2017, 10:42:48 PM »
i bet ertz is an excellent flag football player
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 10:53:56 PM by Pett »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2017, 10:43:25 PM »
He nweds to retire

I agree, he just isn't built to take the punishment.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2017, 10:49:59 PM »
That's what we get for rolling with a C-USA caliber QB and a SunBelt caliber OC.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2017, 10:51:43 PM »
Ertz had a chance to endear himself by leading a drive at the end of the game.  He didn't.  Every time he has been in that position he has failed.

Bub, we haven't had a QB do that since Beasley did against Nebraska in 2000. Ell or Klein, didn't lead a two minute drive either, are you going to blame all of the quarterbacks or are you capable of critical thought to find why no one can think of a successful 2 minute drive in the last 17 years?

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2017, 10:56:47 PM »

Bub, we haven't had a QB do that since Beasley did against Nebraska in 2000. Ell or Klein, didn't lead a two minute drive either, are you going to blame all of the quarterbacks or are you capable of critical thought to find why no one can think of a successful 2 minute drive in the last 17 years?

Jake Waters against Isu 2014.  Joe fn Hubener against Osu (d then blew it).  Again against ISU in 2015.  Klein in first game of 2011. 

Others have succeeded.  But nobody has failed more in crunch time than Ertz

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2017, 10:58:21 PM »
Dylan Meier had a few, too
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2017, 10:59:36 PM »
Think about games he could've won with score at end: vandy, Texas, okie state, WVU.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2017, 11:01:57 PM »

Jake Waters against Isu 2014.  Joe fn Hubener against Osu (d then blew it).  Again against ISU in 2015.  Klein in first game of 2011. 

ISU in '14 was a long drive that ended with almost 2 minutes left in the game. ISU in '15 turned it over twice with less than 2 minutes left inside their own 40, there was no drive.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2017, 11:11:26 PM »

ISU in '14 was a long drive that ended with almost 2 minutes left in the game. ISU in '15 turned it over twice with less than 2 minutes left inside their own 40, there was no drive.

So the long drive in 2014 doesn't count because it ended w two minutes left?  And we still had to score a td when Isu fumbled the first time in 2015.  And we did.

I don't hate Ertz, but I had no confidence in him when he came back in.  I think most everybody was hoping we went with Delton in ot.  No confidence in Ertz to win the game.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2017, 11:13:12 PM »
Ertz is injured and probably has been before the start of the game. We shouldn't be RG III-ing him right now even if he is the best we got.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2017, 11:18:20 PM »

So the long drive in 2014 doesn't count because it ended w two minutes left?  And we still had to score a td when Isu fumbled the first time in 2015.  And we did.

I don't hate Ertz, but I had no confidence in him when he came back in.  I think most everybody was hoping we went with Delton in ot.  No confidence in Ertz to win the game.

No steffy, these don't count because we didn't have a 2 minute drive in either case. We aren't talking about come from behind wins, we have plenty of those. Do you understand the distinction and why it's important to what we're talking about as it relates to the game tonight?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2017, 11:21:32 PM »
Ertz played really good tonight, especially throwing it. Probably should have thrown it away on his INT but whatever. He’s obviously banged up and couldn’t run the ball like we needed him to if he was going to stay out there, but the guy battled. As long as he is at 70% healthy or better there is no doubt he should be playing.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2017, 11:24:26 PM »

No steffy, these don't count because we didn't have a 2 minute drive in either case. We aren't talking about come from behind wins, we have plenty of those. Do you understand the distinction and why it's important to what we're talking about as it relates to the game tonight?

Do you understand we are talking about drives to win a game?  You are the one that tried to narrow the conversation to two minute drives. 

As always, you should just admit that Ertz hasn't gotten it done in this situation, rather than try to nitpick on definitions and words and semantics etc.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2017, 11:27:25 PM »
Ertz played really good tonight, especially throwing it. Probably should have thrown it away on his INT but whatever. He’s obviously banged up and couldn’t run the ball like we needed him to if he was going to stay out there, but the guy battled. As long as he is at 70% healthy or better there is no doubt he should be playing.
That correlates to a 70% chance of losing every remaining game except against KU.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2017, 11:30:04 PM »

I'm not sure if I agree with that. He seems to be too hurt to run the ball up the middle 20 times for 110 yards and that is what this offense needs to be successful.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2017, 11:32:46 PM »

Do you understand we are talking about drives to win a game?  You are the one that tried to narrow the conversation to two minute drives. 

As always, you should just admit that Ertz hasn't gotten it done in this situation, rather than try to nitpick on definitions and words and semantics etc.

So no, you don't know why the discussion was about our two minute offense. That's fine steffy, I'm not going to explain it to you, 99% of the people understand, I don't care that you aren't capable.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2017, 11:38:58 PM »

I'm not sure if I agree with that. He seems to be too hurt to run the ball up the middle 20 times for 110 yards and that is what this offense needs to be successful.
Maybe, maybe not honestly I don’t know anything at all. I need to stop pretending like I do. I just really wish we would have won tonight. I really wish this team was going to contend for something meaningful. I really wish it could feel like we were about to play a big game with ramifications bigger than making a bowl game.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2017, 11:53:00 PM »

So no, you don't know why the discussion was about our two minute offense. That's fine steffy, I'm not going to explain it to you, 99% of the people understand, I don't care that you aren't capable.

Jesus, you are insufferable.  Fine, since you're always unwilling to budge on anything, I'll fix the original post for you.

Original post:

Amended post:
"Ertz had a chance to endear himself at Vanderbilt by leading a drive at the end of the game when we got the ball back with ~5 minutes left, which apparently is some sort of sticking point for MIR.  He didn't, though, because he missed a wide open receiver on 4th down in the Vandy red zone.  Every time he has been in that position he has failed, be it with less than or more than two minutes left."
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12