Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 1771195 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #30225 on: November 14, 2017, 12:29:42 PM »
They want to be in the MAC so bad

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30226 on: November 14, 2017, 12:40:24 PM »
Wow, great article on "what if" conference got to exchange schools in their conference.  Spoiler alert for Big 12  -- KU out, Memphis in.
https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football-relegation-021933388.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30227 on: November 14, 2017, 03:02:48 PM »
Wow, great article on "what if" conference got to exchange schools in their conference.  Spoiler alert for Big 12  -- KU out, Memphis in.
https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football-relegation-021933388.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

LOL Pat Forde, dumb slaver. No one is trading KU for Memphis :lol:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Delicious 100% Cambodian
    • View Profile
« Reply #30228 on: November 14, 2017, 03:51:22 PM »
There was a time that people talked about Larry Scott like he was some kind of genius. Didn't pan out that way.

He was being compared to Dan Beebe tho.
"Will is a good shooter"

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30229 on: November 14, 2017, 06:49:37 PM »
There was a time that people talked about Larry Scott like he was some kind of genius. Didn't pan out that way.

He was being compared to Dan Beebe tho.
Valid
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Clevey No Mo

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30230 on: November 15, 2017, 08:03:01 AM »
They want to be in the MAC so bad

Luck. That's what that is. Campbell has to leave after the season, right?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30231 on: November 15, 2017, 08:15:19 AM »
I think Campbell would be smart to stay at ISU.

Offline Clevey No Mo

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30232 on: November 15, 2017, 03:53:45 PM »

Why? There are probably 4-6 SEC jobs up for grabs. Most of those will pay more than ISU. Most of those are better places to be than Ames. Most of those would probably offer him the job.

Offline Dlew12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #30233 on: November 15, 2017, 03:55:16 PM »

Why? There are probably 4-6 SEC jobs up for grabs. Most of those will pay more than ISU. Most of those are better places to be than Ames. Most of those would probably offer him the job.
I think he'd be wise to stay.  Having a steady multi-million dollar job where people worship you if you win 6 games is a pretty sweet gig.  That said, I'd understand if someone his age was a bit more ambitious than that.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30234 on: November 15, 2017, 03:56:41 PM »

even SEC coaches don't want SEC expectations.  dude would be out of a job in 2 years.  i'm not suggesting he stay in that shitfest of a town, Ames, though.  good grief :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30235 on: November 15, 2017, 09:41:32 PM »

I think he'd be wise to stay.  Having a steady multi-million dollar job where people worship you if you win 6 games is a pretty sweet gig.  That said, I'd understand if someone his age was a bit more ambitious than that.

I mean that makes sense to me, but I think most coaches believe they can be the best and want to prove themselves on the biggest stages

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30236 on: November 16, 2017, 09:16:38 AM »
Big Ten/Pac 12/ACC are all much better landing zones for an up and coach to manage expectations.

I mean look at how long you can stay put with mediocre results at some of those places. SEC is the worst and Big 12 is probably 2nd for shortest leash for a coach.
@bentren

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30237 on: November 16, 2017, 09:23:38 AM »
Big Ten/Pac 12/ACC are all much better landing zones for an up and coach to manage expectations.

I mean look at how long you can stay put with mediocre results at some of those places. SEC is the worst and Big 12 is probably 2nd for shortest leash for a coach.

ISU is not your typical Big 12 program.

Online Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30238 on: November 16, 2017, 09:55:17 AM »

even SEC coaches don't want SEC expectations.  dude would be out of a job in 2 years.  i'm not suggesting he stay in that shitfest of a town, Ames, though.  good grief :lol:

I was going to argue he could make as much in the SEC in two years as he could in 5 at ISU. But then I looked up his salary, and he could actually make around 3 mill this year there. Think he should stay at ISU and if he's good enough he'll have his choice of where he sees his best fit over the next few years.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30239 on: November 16, 2017, 03:16:32 PM »

:cry:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30240 on: November 16, 2017, 03:28:35 PM »

He won't get the leash that Proud Paul did. He was a perfect storm of leash extending. He was from the Des Moines area, that Nebraska win, and the fact that he validated their referee conspiracy theories made them feel like he was one of them.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30241 on: November 17, 2017, 08:15:23 AM »

and UTenn is the toughest with the worst expectations to local recruiting territory ratio and the Alabama cross over game. 

I kinda want to see Briles get the UTenn or Ole Miss job

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30242 on: November 17, 2017, 08:30:26 AM »

and UTenn is the toughest with the worst expectations to local recruiting territory ratio and the Alabama cross over game. 

I kinda want to see Briles get the UTenn or Ole Miss job

May not be in Ole Miss' best interests to hire someone with Briles' issues as their next head coach. And LOL at Currie hiring him.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30243 on: November 17, 2017, 09:01:08 AM »

Nebraska would be a perfect landing spot for Campbell, for both sides imo. Should Frost get a better gig or turn down Neb I think they should turn to Campbell

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30244 on: November 17, 2017, 01:20:08 PM »
Campbell would be pretty dumb to take an SEC job. If I'd spent my entire career in the upper midwest I'd probably want to continue to coach and recruit from the same region.