Author Topic: LHC Bill Snyder talks recruiting!  (Read 11598 times)

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• Fan
  • scintillating scotoma
    • View Profile
LHC Bill Snyder talks recruiting!
« on: March 29, 2010, 09:59:41 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: LHC Bill Snyder talks recruiting!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:02:40 AM »
but I think the fact that there are no hidden secrets.  Every youngster out there

NO DIAMONDS IN THE ROUGH!

:runaway:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 10:03:01 AM »
cyberspace

:facepalm:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

catzacker

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 10:12:46 AM »
Quote from: Grandpa Snyder
Things are moving too fast for me and my staff.  Thank God for transfers.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 10:23:14 AM »
jfc, the only thing that will make this season ok is that it's going to be hilarious.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 10:24:54 AM »
I think offensively we might be ok.  Defense is going to be a trainwreck.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
I think offensively we might be ok.  Defense is going to be a trainwreck.

:surprised:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 12:05:06 AM »
At least Snyds isn't a laughing stock like Gill will be

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 06:56:49 AM »
Started reading/fell asleep

Offline Maccat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 08:36:57 AM »
Read the title of thread and thought this was an early April Fool's joke.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• Fan
  • scintillating scotoma
    • View Profile

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 09:19:24 AM »
and here's part two: http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/20849/part-two-qa-with-bill-snyder

on Ducks/Canes series
LHC Bill Snyder: (Laughs) I’m not going to go to those games now, whether they remain scheduled or not. Yeah, that’s just not our philosophy in regards to scheduling. And that doesn’t help. That doesn’t assist our program.

how much money are we going to spend buying out these games?

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 09:22:28 AM »
dgp7575 (3/29/2010 at 8:50 AM)  LHC Bill Snyder, you my only friend.

:lol:

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 09:49:10 AM »
and here's part two: http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/20849/part-two-qa-with-bill-snyder

on Ducks/Canes series
LHC Bill Snyder: (Laughs) I’m not going to go to those games now, whether they remain scheduled or not. Yeah, that’s just not our philosophy in regards to scheduling. And that doesn’t help. That doesn’t assist our program.

how much money are we going to spend buying out these games?

Given I'd like basketball to continue not sucking, I am hoping zero (0) dollars ($).
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 09:59:16 AM »
I'd rather watch us get beat on national television to miami than to watch us beat/lose to western kentucky on fsnkc

:zzz:   <--- our schedule again, now that Old Ballz is back.

catzacker

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 10:13:10 AM »
We’ve never had at Kansas State, and I don’t think we’re the only team that way, we started this thing with 47 guys on scholarship when you could have 85. And we never, ever caught up to the full 85 during my 17-year tenure here.

:facepalm:

And bill shouldn't be allowed to get out of any games unless it costs us zero dollars.

Offline catsdo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 10:43:31 AM »
At least Snyds isn't a laughing stock like Gill will be

Critter Christmas!

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 10:51:44 AM »
I'd rather watch us get beat on national television to miami than to watch us beat/lose to western kentucky on fsnkc

Really?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 11:02:02 AM »

Really?

you mean you'd rather watch us play some no-name team in a boring, 10-3 type game?  As opposed to a high def ESPN broadcast against an elite team? 

We're going to suck for the next several years...I'd hope we all can face that fact.  I'd much rather lose on ESPN against a big name school than to lose against a La-La type team on a regional broadcast.

Maybe I'm alone in this, I dunno.   :dunno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 11:06:01 AM »

Really?

you mean you'd rather watch us play some no-name team in a boring, 10-3 type game?  As opposed to a high def ESPN broadcast against an elite team? 

We're going to suck for the next several years...I'd hope we all can face that fact.  I'd much rather lose on ESPN against a big name school than to lose against a La-La type team on a regional broadcast.

I'm with you.  The UCLA loss was a billion times more fun than the LaLa loss.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 11:11:09 AM »

Really?

I'd rather win enough games to be bowl eligible. Besides, you said "I'd rather watch us get beat on national television to miami than to watch us beat/lose to western kentucky"

Much rather watch us beat a WKU than lose to anyone in the non-con. Football non-cons are entirely different from bball non-cons. Bad teams (and even mediocre/above average teams) in BCS conferences should just get their four non-con wins and get out. Bowl eligibility and the extra month of practice trump "national exposure" games.

Replace Auburn, Fresno and UL with some WKUs during the Prince tenure, and even a trainwreck program suddenly finds four extra wins and three consecutive bowl eligible seasons (not to mention three extra months of practice in a sport that tightly restricts practice time).

Until we can play Miamis/Oregons or USCs again, it's pointless and unnecessarily self-defeating to even have them on the schedule.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 11:13:17 AM »

Really?

I'd rather win enough games to be bowl eligible. Besides, you said "I'd rather watch us get beat on national television to miami than to watch us beat/lose to western kentucky"

Much rather watch us beat a WKU than lose to anyone in the non-con. Football non-cons are entirely different from bball non-cons. Bad teams (and even mediocre/above average teams) in BCS conferences should just get their four non-con wins and get out. Bowl eligibility and the extra month of practice trump "national exposure" games.

Replace Auburn, Fresno and UL with some WKUs during the Prince tenure, and even a trainwreck program suddenly finds four extra wins and three consecutive bowl eligible seasons (not to mention three extra months of practice in a sport that tightly restricts practice time).

Until we can play Miamis/Oregons or USCs again, it's pointless and unnecessarily self-defeating to even have them on the schedule.

The problem with your theory is the part where you assumed we would beat WKU.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 11:30:19 AM »
I'm just talking about the fun level.  I'd rather watch Miami play than Western Kentucky. 

I don't give a crap about the well-being of the program.  We're going to suck for the next several years, or at least until Old Ballz goes away. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 11:32:12 AM »
For a program that didn't play in a bowl last year and plays in a relatively easy division, to volunteer to go on the road and be someone else's decent non-con win is so moronic I don't see how anyone can defend it.  Bowl eligibility should be the goal.  Not flying coast to coast to play a close game against a name team that also pretty much sucks (Miami, UCLA)

"Oh yay, we are getting drilled by Miami in high def.  I had all my friends over and our wives hung out in the kitchen while me and my buddies drank a couple beers a piece and played Texas Hold 'em.  What a great weekend.  I am going to post pics on Facebook!"

Sometimes our fans are idiots.  

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »
For a program that didn't play in a bowl last year and plays in a relatively easy division, to volunteer to go on the road and be someone else's decent non-con win is so moronic I don't see how anyone can defend it.  Bowl eligibility should be the goal.  Not flying coast to coast to play a close game against a name team that also pretty much sucks (Miami, UCLA)

"Oh yay, we are getting drilled by Miami in high def.  I had all my friends over and our wives hung out in the kitchen while me and my buddies drank a couple beers a piece and played Texas Hold 'em.  What a great weekend.  I am going to post pics on Facebook!"

Sometimes our fans are idiots.  

Being in a bowl kicks the snot out of being 5-6.  If we were a 2-9 kind of team, I'd totally get the love for playing Miami.  Likewise if we were a 9-2 kind of team.  Unfortunately, we are neither of those things.  Bring on the cupcakes!
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer