Author Topic: Danny Clinkscale: Truth serum  (Read 29376 times)

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Danny Clinkscale: Truth serum
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 01:04:21 PM »
I'd argue that any BCS game is exponentially harder to get to than a BBNC.  I mean Butler did it twice in a row for gods sake.

oscar Weber did it.

What if he takes us all the way THIS YEAR?!?!
 :bill:
RIP Fatty

Offline kcnut

• The CEO of the Brad Essex Report and cont. writer for red state I also hate oklahoma so very much.
  • Combo-Fan
  • hail to the king.
    • View Profile
    • The Brad Essex Report
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 01:07:03 PM »
Dang that guy handwriting worst then mine and i have a reason for mine being bad because of my cerebral palsy. His handwriting looked like a drunk midget wrote it.
LHC Bill Snyder is as american as you can get.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 01:07:54 PM »
don't need to get offensive brad.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2012, 01:15:16 PM »

I just told a midget I know about Brad in general and that insult in particular and he laughed so rough ridin' hard he stopped breathing for 84 seconds.  He almost rough ridin' died it was so funny to him. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 01:17:06 PM »

I just told a midget I know about Brad in general and that insult in particular and he laughed so rough ridin' hard he stopped breathing for 84 seconds.  He almost rough ridin' died it was so funny to him.

wow, my bad then.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2012, 01:18:42 PM »
Somebody that still has posting privileges needs to post this on Phog ASAP. I just went over there and didn't see any mention of it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2012, 01:19:51 PM »

Dang that guy handwriting worst then mine and i have a reason for mine being bad because of my cerebral palsy. His handwriting looked like a drunk midget wrote it.
That guy was PAK'd, Brad! Lay off him.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 01:23:10 PM »

wow, my bad then.

It was mostly all the ways in which he is clearly far superior to Brad that got him.  Basically in every respect.  He thought is was adorbs on Brad's part.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2012, 01:59:34 PM »
football is much more difficult than bball b/c you've got to go undefeated (sans SEC schools). 

Cindarellas don't make it to Championship game in football.  Final 4 is full is cindarellas. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2012, 02:12:48 PM »
It is killing them to admit that even making it to the NC game is worth all of their basketball titles, Helms included.

Not even close.  KU has a program built on long-term success and long-term stability.  We recruit at an elite level and have one of the best coaches in the game.  If K-State wins the BCS title this year, you'll just be a flash in the pan like Auburn was back in 2010. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2012, 02:14:58 PM »
football is much more difficult than bball b/c you've got to go undefeated (sans SEC schools). 

Cindarellas don't make it to Championship game in football.  Final 4 is full is cindarellas.

Disagree.  Basketball is much more difficult because you have to win six games in a row in a single elimination format, and you have to do it all on the biggest stage in sports. 

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 02:18:33 PM »
  you're wrong

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2012, 02:18:50 PM »
It is killing them to admit that even making it to the NC game is worth all of their basketball titles, Helms included.

Not even close.  KU has a program built on long-term success and long-term stability.  We recruit at an elite level and have one of the best coaches in the game.  If K-State wins the BCS title this year, you'll just be a flash in the pan like Auburn was back in 2010.

Not sure you understand the subject.
RIP Fatty

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2012, 02:19:41 PM »

Disagree.  Basketball is much more difficult because you have to win six games in a row in a single elimination format, and you have to do it all on the biggest stage in sports.

:lol:

:adios:

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2012, 02:22:02 PM »

Surely you don't believe this, right? All you have to do is be one of the top 68 teams in the country and get hot at the right time of year and you can play for a NCAA championship. You can literally have 10-12 losses and win a national title in basketball.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »

Michigan with the Fab 5 and Kentucky under Calipari have proven you can just wing it. Hell there are more examples on how easy and non elite BBall titles are but I don't have the time right now.
RIP Fatty

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2012, 02:23:18 PM »

In Football, you have to win 12 games in a row in a single elimination format (sans SEC schools), and you have to do it all on THE biggest stage in sports.  And when I say biggest stage in sports, I mean highest TV viewership.

This year is a pretty perfect example.  Bama is the best team in America and because of a poor 1st quarter against A&M in week 10, their path to the MNC is now beyond their control. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2012, 02:25:13 PM »

oscar Weber did it.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2012, 02:27:59 PM »

Surely you don't believe this, right? All you have to do is be one of the top 68 teams in the country and get hot at the right time of year and you can play for a NCAA championship. You can literally have 10-12 losses and win a national title in basketball.

Don't even have to do that really.  Win 4 games in confy tourney + 6 games in dance = 10-28 season and the 'ship

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2012, 02:31:29 PM »

You're proving Danny's point.  FOOTBALL, every Saturday in the fall, is the biggest stage in sports, particularly for teams that are pretty good at it.  March Madness is just a distraction until next football season.  And like most squaks, you don't quite get that.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2012, 02:32:40 PM »

Beems In The Business.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2012, 02:33:39 PM »
March Madness is just an excuse for me to ask off 2 days of work and gamble on teams I've never heard of

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2012, 02:35:59 PM »

In Football, you have to win 12 games in a row in a single elimination format (sans SEC schools), and you have to do it all on THE biggest stage in sports.  And when I say biggest stage in sports, I mean highest TV viewership.

This year is a pretty perfect example.  Bama is the best team in America and because of a poor 1st quarter against A&M in week 10, their path to the MNC is now beyond their control.

LSU won a national title with 2 losses.  This myth that you have to go undefeated is cute, but it's simply not true.

oscar Weber did it.

No he didn't.

Don't even have to do that really.  Win 4 games in confy tourney + 6 games in dance = 10-28 season and the 'ship

Except that has never happened. 

In football, all you have to do is go undefeated in a BCS conference, and you've got a seat in the national title game.  Your schedule could only include 2-3 top 25 teams, and if you win those games, you're in.

In basketball, not only do you have to win your conference or finish high in the standings to earn a top seed, you have to win six straight games against teams that present varying challenges.  By the time you reach the Elite Eight, you're playing teams that are in the top 10-15.  It's exponentially more difficult.  Not even close really.

Offline cvmcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2012, 02:36:41 PM »

Wait, would that be like a team with a 21-11 record?  Playing for a national championship?  Sounds like you don't even have to be very good to win one.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2012, 02:37:23 PM »
  By the time you reach the Elite Eight, you're playing teams that are in the top 10-15. 

:dubious: