Author Topic: _FANalysis: K-State QBs  (Read 22240 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: _FANalysis: K-State QBs
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2013, 08:17:25 AM »
i lean towards sams but have accepted the two qb thing for two reasons. 1. they are both running the ball 10+ times a game. one of them will get hurt at some point and it will be sad but the football team won't be as mumped as it would be otherwise. 2. it's a way to teach both of them that turning the ball over is the worst thing that a human can do during their time on this planet.

those aren't great reasons, but i'm rationalizing so that i'm not so upset about our guy's playing time.

you're broken. bill broke you.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 08:17:51 AM »
_FAN-
Honest question, what percent of Sams' drives occurred without the two biggest playmakers at WR? Infer what you want, but I think you could look at your sheets and answer that pretty quickly. I am just curious.

65% for Sams and 21% for Waters.

wow
#OURGUY

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 08:19:28 AM »
i lean towards sams but have accepted the two qb thing for two reasons. 1. they are both running the ball 10+ times a game. one of them will get hurt at some point and it will be sad but the football team won't be as mumped as it would be otherwise. 2. it's a way to teach both of them that turning the ball over is the worst thing that a human can do during their time on this planet.

those aren't great reasons, but i'm rationalizing so that i'm not so upset about our guy's playing time.

I'm like Rocky. Ivan rough ridin' Drago couldn't break Rocky. #OURGUY

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 08:21:36 AM »
Average TOP for drives:
Sams 3:13
Waters 2:28

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 08:29:32 AM »
As always, thanks for doing this! I love using your numbers in my daily conversations with randoms.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2013, 08:30:24 AM »
Average TOP for drives:
Sams 3:13
Waters 2:28

good stuff _FAN

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2013, 08:36:55 AM »
Competition is good let them compete until one player clearly wins.  I know some of you think that has already happened with Sams but I don't agree.  Let it play it out both guys will get better and sooner or later Sams will take it.  When he does he'll be 100% ready to run the entire offense and he'll be better for having to fight/compete to get the job.  In the meantime he won't get the crap beat out of him quite so much and he won't have his confidence shattered trying to do stuff he's not ready for. 

I know some of you think Snyder is just a crazy stubborn old man.  Maybe that is exactly what he is, but if that is the case than he's a crazy stubborn old man with a pretty damn good history of developing QB's.  And spare me the 2004/2005 crap, there wasn't much anyone was going to be able to do with the group of QB's he had on that roster.  That was a recruiting failure not a coaching failure.   Snyder has probably done a better job than anyone at squeezing the maxium potential out of his quarterbacks. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2013, 08:37:45 AM »
Sams should be the guy, but that is not to say that waters hasn't done nice things as well.  I don't see anything wrong with bringing in waters if teams are gearing up to stop sams and forcing him to move and throw and he's not getting it done.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2013, 08:39:07 AM »

bill breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break bill kills. bill kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure bill will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2013, 08:40:29 AM »
I am very worried about Sams having his confidence shattered.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2013, 08:43:16 AM »
sams just gets buckets guys. if we are in the opponents territory there is no reason waters should have the ball.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2013, 08:44:28 AM »
sams just gets buckets guys. if we are in the opponents territory there is no reason waters should have the ball.

unless we really have to have a 3 and out. then it's waters.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2013, 08:46:44 AM »

unless we really have to have a 3 and out. then it's waters.

Or a 30 yard pass play. :D

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2013, 08:58:46 AM »

catzacker

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2013, 09:01:38 AM »
looking at Waters' and Sams' overall INT's, if Sams was allowed to throw as much as waters, he'd have 13 INTs so far this year.  :sdeek:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2013, 09:02:31 AM »
nice job _Fan.  It's too close to call for this cat fan.

:love:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2013, 09:06:07 AM »

This is a good point.  I don't necessarily believe playing one QB for 100% of the snaps is the best way to prepare them for next year.  Sometimes you gotta yank a guy to get his attention.  Those lessons are learned hard but better than an ass chewing in a film room which can easily be forgotten when it's a year later and you're playing Oregon for all the marbles and the entire world is watching and cheering for America's team.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2013, 09:07:52 AM »

This is a good point.  I don't necessarily believe playing one QB for 100% of the snaps is the best way to prepare them for next year.  Sometimes you gotta yank a guy to get his attention.  Those lessons are learned hard but better than an ass chewing in a film room which can easily be forgotten when it's a year later and you're playing Oregon for all the marbles and the entire world is watching and cheering for America's team.

Honestly, I don't think confidence will ever be a problem with Sams, which is also one of his better traits.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2013, 09:08:57 AM »
looking at Waters' and Sams' overall INT's, if Sams was allowed to throw as much as waters, he'd have 13 INTs so far this year.  :sdeek:

ZACKalysis

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2013, 09:10:14 AM »

Honestly, I don't think confidence will ever be a problem with Sams, which is also one of his better traits.

Which is why it's okay to yank him to teach him a valuable lesson, IMO. 

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2013, 09:10:26 AM »
he wasn't allowed to throw until being asked to make comebacks against ranked teams. what a dumbass you must be to ignore this fact.  :lol:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2013, 09:10:35 AM »

Agreed. He said last year he was trying to take the job from CK. I don't care if it was tongue in cheek when he said it, he still thought it.

catzacker

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2013, 09:11:42 AM »

ZACKalysis

catzacker

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2013, 09:12:56 AM »
he wasn't allowed to throw until being asked to make comebacks against ranked teams. what a dumbass you must be to ignore this fact.  :lol:

oh, so when we have to have comebacks he's not our guy.  got it.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2013, 09:15:54 AM »
zero 3 and outs.  is this real ?