Author Topic: Speaking of oscar-ketball  (Read 51632 times)

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking of oscar-ketball
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 11:39:07 AM »
let's just not go down this road.  it won't change anything or anyone's take on the situation.

Agreed. Apologies to burglar, I should have kept it to myself.

good call. by the way, are you bernie haney?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 11:41:45 AM »
How are season ticket sales compared to last year?

Also, anything opened up in 18?

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 11:44:05 AM »
let's just not go down this road.  it won't change anything or anyone's take on the situation.

Pro tip: the benefits of having anonymous message board insiders tend to go down sharply if they are no longer anonymous.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 11:44:50 AM »
How are season ticket sales compared to last year?

About the same

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 11:45:09 AM »

Pro tip: the benefits of having anonymous message board insiders tend to go down sharply if they are no longer anonymous.

:sdeek:

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2012, 11:46:45 AM »

Meant that as advice to not ask who people are in real life, not as confirmation or denial of identity btw

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 11:51:40 AM »
god i love captain crap. kind of a smartass.  :thumbs:

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 11:51:53 AM »

Meant that as advice to not ask who people are in real life, not as confirmation or denial of identity btw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 11:54:05 AM »
elltopay, shut up

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 11:55:28 AM »
I got a phone call saying "you forgot to renew your season tickets, how can I help you do that now." I just laughed and said I'm not paying $550 per year to watch a guy who just got crap canned for going
 under .500 the last 6 years in the BigTen because our AD doesn't give a crap about trying to field a top level basketball program. Just got a sorry you feel that way, to which I replied, "too bad our AD doesn't feel that same way."

Good job supporting K-State.

Captain is right.  If you stop buying tickets, you'll only be hurting the athletic department, not oscar Weber.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 11:55:36 AM »
I like CC. I swear to god if you scare him away again...  :shakesfist:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 11:57:28 AM »
you can't openly mock people wanting to hire doug gottlieb and use the "he hasn't coached a single game at KState" defense at the same time.  you have to pick one or the other.

If we had hired Gottlieb (which I would not have liked) I would say the same thing to anyone who didn't like the hire. I support K-State and the people the work there until they give me reason to not do so. oscar hasn't given anyone reason to not support him here, other than you didn't like the hire. That's not enough of a reason imo.

Here's the rough ridin' reason, dumbass...He's a proven loser in the Big 10 a tradition rich basketball school.   What now mother rough rider?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 11:58:15 AM »
CaptainCrap, can you shed any light on the athletic department's decision to remove the Bramlage Dog from the concession menus? I loved that thing.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 12:00:54 PM »
Are we mis-reading the record book at Illinois?  Are we incorrect in pointing out that he drove that program into the ground?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 12:02:29 PM »

Don't worry about it, that's the point of this board. I also shouldn't have said to the phone person, they're just trying to do their job and it's not their fault they had to phrase their sales call that way. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 12:03:15 PM »
I like CC. I swear to god if you scare him away again...  :shakesfist:

lol, maybe i should have said 'what now mother rough rider' instead of asking him if he was a friend of mine.

:flush:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 12:06:03 PM »
Good god I love everyone here, especially Pete, but eff me. I mean we've bitched for 5 straight months about this. Can we take a break? Just give it one rough ridin' season, for christ sake. I feel like we're having the same conversation over, and over, and over... Yes proven loser, chicken nuggets, dumbass, and more. He's also proven to be a winner with other coaches players. Can I atleast enjoy this season before we #burnitdown? Or are we going to have the same convo on every thread, every day? Cause if so, eff it, I might give kstatefans a try again.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012, 12:10:04 PM »
Good god I love everyone here, especially Pete, but eff me. I mean we've bitched for 5 straight months about this. Can we take a break? Just give it one rough ridin' season, for christ sake. I feel like we're having the same conversation over, and over, and over... Yes proven loser, chicken nuggets, dumbass, and more. He's also proven to be a winner with other coaches players. Can I atleast enjoy this season before we #burnitdown? Or are we going to have the same convo on every thread, every day? Cause if so, eff it, I might give kstatefans a try again.

If you don't want to have the conversation over and over don't participate in the conversations. It seems easy enough to me.

And captain, thanks again for your input in these threads.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 12:11:02 PM »

If you don't want to have the conversation over and over don't participate in the conversations. It seems easy enough to me.

:dubious: Thanks, _fan

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012, 12:11:39 PM »
yep, thanks captain

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2012, 12:13:30 PM »

_FAN with an appearance!!  :excited:  Must be close to football season!  :dance:
:adios:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2012, 12:14:28 PM »

I'll do whatever the eff I want, fanning. 

We all agree that Frank's players should have a good season this year.  When that happens, are you getting back on #burnitdown next April once you've enjoyed this season?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2012, 12:15:43 PM »
And I renewed my season tickets, making me a better fan and supporter than the rest of you, regardless of if my attendance also features me wearing a customized Puerto Rico flag grocery bag as a mask.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2012, 12:15:49 PM »

_FAN with an appearance!!  :excited:  Must be close to football season!  :dance:
Yeah, weird. His first post in a decade and of course it's to retaliate me. Just when you think you know someone. Smh.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2012, 12:16:29 PM »
CaptainCrap, can you shed any light on the athletic department's decision to remove the Bramlage Dog from the concession menus? I loved that thing.

No way, that dog was the only reason I went to games neckbrace's last year.