Author Topic: "Nebraska"  (Read 1688 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"Nebraska"
« on: December 12, 2013, 08:14:06 PM »
The previews of this film make Nebraska look like a combination of Iowa and West Virginia.  T's and P's steve dave.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: "Nebraska"
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 08:18:25 PM »
Watch About Schmidt and get back to me

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 08:25:13 PM »
 descendants tho

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 08:28:27 PM »
up in the air has an Omaha beginning and SF ending. Great combo IMO

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 09:36:19 PM »
This thread really never stood a chance, I saw the preview, that was it.  Don't really have anything else to say about it, just made me sad for my friend steve dave in Nebraska, that's all.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 07:14:59 AM »
This thread really never stood a chance, I saw the preview, that was it.  Don't really have anything else to say about it, just made me sad for my friend steve dave in Nebraska, that's all.

oh yeah, Omaha townie stud Alexander Payne always makes Omaha look like that. that's why I said see About Schmidt. it makes Omaha look like the coldest dirtiest steel town in Pennsylvania. also:

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=13171.msg981161#msg981161

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 07:15:27 AM »

they shot at the Omaha airport for a bunch of days and everyone was losing their crap around town. when the above referenced About Schmidt was being shot Jack Nicholson lived in a rental house right behind my office.  this was well before I graduated from college so I was not here but I was assured that everyone was losing their crap for that as well. I'm told the local tv news had the daily "where's Jack?" segment where people submitted pictures or something of him seen around town. would have enjoyed that I think.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 07:27:11 AM »

they shot at the Omaha airport for a bunch of days and everyone was losing their crap around town. when the above referenced About Schmidt was being shot Jack Nicholson lived in a rental house right behind my office.  this was well before I graduated from college so I was not here but I was assured that everyone was losing their crap for that as well. I'm told the local tv news had the daily "where's Jack?" segment where people submitted pictures or something of him seen around town. would have enjoyed that I think.

It was pretty similar when Woody Allen did a movie in SF. People were so happy but then the movie isn't make SF look perfect they were super pissed at him. Pretty adorable.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 07:33:34 AM »

It was pretty similar when Woody Allen did a movie in SF. People were so happy but then the movie isn't make SF look perfect they were super pissed at him. Pretty adorable.

I don't think Omaha'ans care that it makes Omaha look cruddy. most seem to enjoy it. He shot Election, About Schmidt and now Nebraska here. Election probably makes it look least cruddy.

look how adorable this excited wikipedia editing Omaha townie is:

Much of the film was shot in and around the Omaha area including Dundee, Elkhorn, Bellevue, Carter Lake, and Papillion. Other scenes were filmed in New York (including the college scene, which was actually filmed at Adelphi University on Long Island) and Washington D.C. Production shut down for about a month when a freak fall snowstorm hit Omaha in October 1997, knocking down trees and power lines.[citation needed]

Omaha locations used during production include:

Papillion La Vista Senior High School serves as the setting for George Washington Carver High School. Payne had initially aimed to use Millard North High School in Omaha, but the School Board found the script obscene and inappropriate.[5] The setting was then moved to Papillion-La Vista High School and filming took place during the 1997-98 school year.
The Godfather's Pizza where Dave visits with Tracy is located at 7920 S. 84th St. in LaVista.
The parking lot where Jim throws away Tracy's nomination signatures in a dumpster was filmed on the corner of N. 50th St. and Underwood Ave. The Carl S. Baum Druggists building in the scene is currently a Subway restaurant.
Linda's house is located at 683 Parkwood Ln.
The Metzler house is located on S. 187 Cir. along the Shadow Ridge Country Club south of Elkhorn.
Younkers is located in the Westroads Mall.
The soccer field at Brownell-Talbot School was used for the Immaculate Heart soccer game.
The American Family Inn (also credited as Rodeway Inn) is located at 1110 Fort Crook Road in Bellevue.

Offline dontfeedthebear

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 07:56:58 AM »

Can confirm.  I live in the town with the outlet mall which Jack was spotted at filming a scene that never got used.  Before they sold the winning powerball ticket the other day, that was probably the biggest thing to happen to Gretna.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 07:58:57 AM »

Can confirm.  I live in the town with the outlet mall which Jack was spotted at filming a scene that never got used.  Before they sold the winning powerball ticket the other day, that was probably the biggest thing to happen to Gretna.

THAT OUTLET MALL JUST GOT A BROOKS BROTHERS, THO! (brooks bros. factory but still..)

Offline dontfeedthebear

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 08:02:58 AM »

THAT OUTLET MALL JUST GOT A BROOKS BROTHERS, THO! (brooks bros. factory but still..)

Have you been there yet?  It's not very outlety.  Everything is damn near regular store price, especially the Oakley Store.  Under Armour has some good deals and the Mrs. may enjoy the Coach store, otherwise you'll find the same things at whichever mall you live closest to.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 08:05:40 AM »
no way am I going out there. I was actually worried that the brooks bros. factory would make me have to start paying sales tax on online brooks bros. order but it didn't!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 08:14:47 AM »

Hill billies are adorable when a celeb comes to town.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 08:15:52 AM »

Much of the film was shot in and around the Omaha area including Dundee, Elkhorn, Bellevue, Carter Lake, and Papillion. Other scenes were filmed in New York (including the college scene, which was actually filmed at Adelphi University on Long Island) and Washington D.C. Production shut down for about a month when a freak fall snowstorm hit Omaha in October 1997, knocking down trees and power lines.[citation needed]

Omaha locations used during production include:

Papillion La Vista Senior High School serves as the setting for George Washington Carver High School. Payne had initially aimed to use Millard North High School in Omaha, but the School Board found the script obscene and inappropriate.[5] The setting was then moved to Papillion-La Vista High School and filming took place during the 1997-98 school year.
The Godfather's Pizza where Dave visits with Tracy is located at 7920 S. 84th St. in LaVista.
The parking lot where Jim throws away Tracy's nomination signatures in a dumpster was filmed on the corner of N. 50th St. and Underwood Ave. The Carl S. Baum Druggists building in the scene is currently a Subway restaurant.
Linda's house is located at 683 Parkwood Ln.
The Metzler house is located on S. 187 Cir. along the Shadow Ridge Country Club south of Elkhorn.
Younkers is located in the Westroads Mall.
The soccer field at Brownell-Talbot School was used for the Immaculate Heart soccer game.
The American Family Inn (also credited as Rodeway Inn) is located at 1110 Fort Crook Road in Bellevue.

This shut down KC for about a week as well. Me and my bro's used all the downed tree limbs to build forts and then hide from our parents but they really knew where we were the whole time :excited: :Woot: :Woohoo:

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 08:50:03 AM »

I thought that was brand new? (the outlet mall)

Offline dontfeedthebear

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 09:02:36 AM »

I thought that was brand new? (the outlet mall)

It is but isn't.  There was one there that opened in the early to mid 90's that was a sack of garbage.  They leveled the old one and built the new one in 10 months.