Author Topic: The DACA masterpiece  (Read 36774 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: The DACA masterpiece
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2018, 11:26:31 AM »
He's saying republican politicians don't care about abortion, they just pretend to so they can get votes from emotional rubes. Making abortion illegal is not in their political interest
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2018, 11:40:10 AM »
He's saying republican politicians don't care about abortion, they just pretend to so they can get votes from emotional rubes. Making abortion illegal is not in their political interest
Sadly true.  Both parties in Congress say big stuff they really don't mean.  Not so bad until it affects the lives of Americans.  Shutting down the government is not good.  DACA/immigration deal was there, but Durbin had to spout off.  If he kept quiet, shi*hole comment would have been not known and no controversy.  The bill passed and spending bill approved.  Durbin thought it was more important to destroy Trump and help frame his as a racist.  If you want milk from a cow you treat her nice.  You don't beat her, yell at her, try to kill her or shock her with a hotshot.  Democrats either don't care about their constituents' welfare or are stupid.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2018, 11:51:21 AM »
Durbin shared Trump's words because he backtracked on his willingness to do the deal.  Durbin and Graham put forth a bi-partisan agreement that Trumps had supported.  By the time the meeting took place Miller and others had rallied conservative immigration hawks to sway the President's stance. 

So with the deal blown up a frustrated Durbin repeated the President's toxic remarks.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2018, 12:00:54 PM »
People outing our president's racist comments is definitely a huge concern

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2018, 01:36:58 PM »
Cacao!
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2018, 02:01:27 PM »
Durbin shared Trump's words because he backtracked on his willingness to do the deal.  Durbin and Graham put forth a bi-partisan agreement that Trumps had supported.  By the time the meeting took place Miller and others had rallied conservative immigration hawks to sway the President's stance. 

So with the deal blown up a frustrated Durbin repeated the President's toxic remarks.

I’m not sure it’s accurate to say Trump ever “supported” the deal that Senator Grahamnesty hatched with his buddies. He indicated a willingness to compromise, but the deal was a wall and reforms to our immigration policy in exchange for DACA. He was pretty clear about that (as clear as Trump can be).
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2018, 02:04:31 PM »

Right, but that doesn’t really make sense. Pub politicians pass abortion restrictions all the time. Some states have even attempted to outright ban it. Some of the restrictions are upheld by the courts. Some are knocked down by the courts. So saying it’s not in their political interest to outlaw abortion is belied by the facts that pub politicians try all the time to restrict or eliminate abortion.

So again, it all comes down to the courts and, specifically, the Supreme Court.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2018, 02:07:58 PM »
People outing our president's racist comments is definitely a huge concern

It’s not racist to call certain countries shitholes, or to want to reduce immigration from those countries. It is pretty inappropriate, and not negotiating in good faith, to blab to the media about words spoken in a private meeting.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The DACA masterpiece
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2018, 02:22:52 PM »
It’s not racist to call certain countries shitholes. It is racist to call predominantly black and brown countries shitholes when contrasted to predominantly white countries.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2018, 02:28:56 PM »
It’s not racist to call certain countries shitholes. It is racist to call basically every predominantly black country a shithole.

First, he didn’t say that. Second, you are inferring that calling a country or countries shitholes was based upon the skin color of their inhabitants. Its kinda racist, in my opinion, to make that inference.

The Big Train

« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2018, 02:35:49 PM »
It’s not racist to call certain countries shitholes. It is racist to call basically every predominantly black country a shithole.

First, he didn’t say that. Second, you are inferring that calling a country or countries shitholes was based upon the skin color of their inhabitants. Its kinda racist, in my opinion, to make that inference.

First, you didn’t even quote this post in its entirety.  Secondly why are you defending our racist president over this?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2018, 02:40:32 PM »
It’s not racist to call certain countries shitholes. It is racist to call predominantly black and brown countries shitholes when contrasted to predominantly white countries.

He not only contrasted those countries with a predominantly white country, but he called for more immigrants from that white country. Which means he doesn't have a problem with immigration, he has a problem with darked skinned immigrants.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2018, 02:56:03 PM »

First, you didn’t even quote this post in its entirety.  Secondly why are you defending our racist president over this?

I quoted what was posted at the time, which has now evidently been revised. And the revised quote doesn't change my response. Assuming Trump was comparing Haiti to Norway, liberals immediately jumped to skin color as the reason for Trump's disparate treatment.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2018, 03:01:02 PM »

He not only contrasted those countries with a predominantly white country, but he called for more immigrants from that white country. Which means he doesn't have a problem with immigration, he has a problem with darked skinned immigrants.

MIR's post is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Trump said nothing about skin color - not even Durbin says Trump said anything about skin color - but liberals automatically assume that the distinguishing factor for Trump between, say, Haiti and Norway was skin color. The real difference is that one country is a shithole, and the other is a country that liberals to this day are whining we should model ourselves after.

So, I pose a question. If you really believe it is racist to contrast Norway with Haiti, are liberals racist when they constantly argue we should be more like [insert predominantly white, Scandinavian country] but never say we should be more like [insert predominantly black country]? Or maybe, just maybe, there are factors other than skin color at play.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2018, 03:32:28 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/politics/isaac-newton-farris-martin-luther-king-donald-trump/index.html
CNN) Isaac Newton Farris Jr., Martin Luther King Jr.'s nephew, told CNN on Friday that while he does not believe President Donald Trump is a "racist in the traditional sense," he does think the President is "racially ignorant and racially uninformed."

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2018, 03:40:05 PM »
You can put pretty much any word in front of "ignorant" and it would apply to trump

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2018, 04:01:42 PM »
So now DACA will be fought in the courts (trump will win, guaranteed, once it’s clear of the batty ninth circuit)

I was wrong. Taking it straight to the Supremes (if they'll allow it). This liberal activist in a robe should have his ass handed to him much more expediently, now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5276441/DOJ-appeal-DACA-ruling-directly-Supreme-Court.html

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2018, 04:24:14 PM »

I quoted what was posted at the time, which has now evidently been revised. And the revised quote doesn't change my response. Assuming Trump was comparing Haiti to Norway, liberals immediately jumped to skin color as the reason for Trump's disparate treatment.

Confirmed. Stylistic revisions after I looked up the consensus about what Trump actually said.

Back on topic, whether a comment is racist will almost always require an inference. That is especially true when the comment itself is a euphemism. Still, I think it’s disingenuous to call it a liberal “jump” when every country lumped in as a shithole is non-white while the only positive example(s) are super white countries.

I mean, I’m happy to hear the objective data to differentiate the countries if it’s available, but I’ve never heard conservatives speak so glowingly of Norway (especially during Bernie Sanders’ campaign) until Trump’s comment.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2018, 04:27:34 PM »
But more importantly than all that is the fact Trump is suggesting that if someone comes from a crappy country they are less likely to be productive American citizens.  Prejudging someone based on their ethnicity seems pretty racist.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 16, 2018, 04:51:18 PM »
The guy from the shithole country probably had to overcome a lot more in life to be in a position to immigrate to the US legally than a guy who comes from a first world country like Norway did. I'm not sure if that predicts future success in the United States, but it seems like it might.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 16, 2018, 05:56:35 PM »

Confirmed. Stylistic revisions after I looked up the consensus about what Trump actually said.

Back on topic, whether a comment is racist will almost always require an inference. That is especially true when the comment itself is a euphemism. Still, I think it’s disingenuous to call it a liberal “jump” when every country lumped in as a shithole is non-white while the only positive example(s) are super white countries.

I mean, I’m happy to hear the objective data to differentiate the countries if it’s available, but I’ve never heard conservatives speak so glowingly of Norway (especially during Bernie Sanders’ campaign) until Trump’s comment.

Ok, so now we’re “inferring racism.” And by that token, I can again only infer that liberals are just as racist for always saying we should be more like predominantly white Scandinavian countries instead of predominantly black countries. Both are stupid inferences.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 16, 2018, 09:47:48 PM »
1. I don’t think liberals uniformly agree with Sanders on that.

2. See my second response above. It’s easy to disassociate race from country when you are talking about modeling a government. Not so easy when you are saying you don’t want people from those countries coming into your country.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 16, 2018, 11:37:02 PM »
You can put pretty much any word in front of "ignorant" and it would apply to trump
I laughed my butt off with this retort of yours.   Funny, very funny

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2018, 02:25:21 PM »
wait a second. Republicans control all three branches of government. why would there be a government shutdown?

They need a 60% vote.

That isn't how the House of Representatives works.

“Based on the number of ‘no’ and undecided votes, there [are] not enough votes for a Republican-only bill,” says Rep. Mark Meadows.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 17, 2018, 05:23:12 PM »

Ok, so now we’re “inferring racism.” And by that token, I can again only infer that liberals are just as racist for always saying we should be more like predominantly white Scandinavian countries instead of predominantly black countries. Both are stupid inferences.

see a lot of non-white non-scandinavian countries on this map we could be more like regarding healthcare.
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/06/heres-a-map-of-the-countries-that-provide-universal-health-care-americas-still-not-on-it/259153/