Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Thread  (Read 248468 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Playoffs Thread
« Reply #1800 on: April 17, 2014, 09:49:44 PM »
Hey guys, I watched that 30 for 30 tonight on the Detroit bad boys teams tonight, and it almost made me give a crap about the NBA again!  ALMOST!  But, no. The NBA is a waste of human flesh and energy, and if it were gone tomorrow and never return to planet Earth I'd wouldn't even notice.

you have no idea how wrong you are

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: April 17, 2014, 09:50:11 PM »
Hey guys, I watched that 30 for 30 tonight on the Detroit bad boys teams tonight, and it almost made me give a crap about the NBA again!  ALMOST!  But, no. The NBA is a waste of human flesh and energy, and if it were gone tomorrow and never return to planet Earth I'd wouldn't even notice.

hey Pete, the door's over there. you can go eff yourself on the way out

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: April 17, 2014, 09:54:55 PM »
I was able to go to a mavs game against the bulls this season and sit in the first few rows.  If you like basketball at all I don't know how you can't love the NBA. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: April 17, 2014, 09:58:50 PM »
If I were the dictator of this country, I would first destroy the NBA.  It would be gone.  Because it has no value, and is terrible.

Now, if the population were to really revolt, I would acquiesce and drop the NBA season to 30 games.  Then, it MIGHT be watchable. 

The NBA is like watching old guys at the gym.  It's OK if that makes you horny.  That's the way you were born, and stuff.  The rest of the world thinks it's poop city.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: April 17, 2014, 10:06:34 PM »
I used to live in Milwaukee and went to a good number of games.   It was terrible.  Sterile environment.  People just sitting there shoveling their faces with food and not giving a eff.  I've been to a Washington game and a 76ers game as well.  Just dead and terrible.

Sure, those weren't great teams, but jesus.  It's a bunch of piped in loud music at every stoppage of play, and LOADS of non-hustling play. 

I will NEVER pay to see an NBA game as long as I live again.  TERRIBLE.  And, most of the country agrees with me.  Try and find an NBA game on television....WOOF!

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: April 17, 2014, 10:39:10 PM »
guys, it's cool, Pete used to live in Milwaukee.  I mean wtf Pete

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: April 17, 2014, 11:28:01 PM »
Craig Sager :(

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: April 18, 2014, 03:16:21 AM »
Pete is whitest, midwesterniest tuck on this board, and it's not even close.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: April 18, 2014, 07:08:11 AM »

How many NBA games have you huge NBA fans been to?  They are terrible, just awful. 

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: April 18, 2014, 07:27:02 AM »
I had season tickets to the Mavericks for about 4 years.  Not terrible, Pete.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: April 18, 2014, 07:48:46 AM »

I had season tickets to the Mavericks for about 4 years.  Not terrible, Pete.

I do like Mark Cuban

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: April 18, 2014, 07:53:03 AM »
i think i have borderline A.D.D. so NBA games are awesome for me because it's constant stuff going on.  Thunder up, you guys!

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
NBA Playoffs Thread
« Reply #1812 on: April 18, 2014, 08:11:02 AM »
Are Mavs and Thunder games way different than Bucks, 76ers, and Wizard games 10 years ago? I mean I just don't get it.  The games I went to were a bunch of corporate white people sitting on their hands, and the games were largely slothful jogging up and down the court with momentary flashes of high level athleticism.  To make up for the lack of fan interest, they would blare stupid chants over the loud speakers.  It was very awkward.  All three venues were the same, so I know it wasn't just a Bucks issue.  I reluctantly went to a bunch of Bucks games with co-workers, and thankfully didn't have to spend my own money very often....the sample size isn't small.

I just don't get it how that is fun to people.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: April 18, 2014, 08:17:09 AM »
Are Mavs and Thunder games way different than Bucks, 76ers, and Wizard games 10 years ago? I mean I just don't get it.  The games I went to were a bunch of corporate white people sitting on their hands, and the games were largely slothful jogging up and down the court with momentary flashes of high level athleticism.  To make up for the lack of fan interest, they would blare stupid chants over the loud speakers.  It was very awkward.  All three venues were the same, so I know it wasn't just a Bucks issue.  I reluctantly went to a bunch of Bucks games with co-workers, and thankfully didn't have to spend my own money very often....the sample size isn't small.

I just don't get it how that is fun to people.

I think it helps to have a rooting interest in the game.  If you don't care who wins, you're really there to people watch and/or drink beer.  And there are cheaper places to drink beer.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: April 18, 2014, 08:17:30 AM »
Went to a mavs game in 96 and it was exactly that
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: April 18, 2014, 10:36:03 AM »
Warriors games definitely have a Raider-esque edge to them. They're lots of fun. They booed the crap out of the owner at Chris Mullin's jersey retirement.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: April 18, 2014, 12:13:45 PM »

How many NBA games have you huge NBA fans been to?  They are terrible, just awful.

I've been to games at Denver, Dallas, OKC, and Chicago. Thunder and Mavs games are definitely more fun, but I also had a great time at the other two.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: April 18, 2014, 12:14:35 PM »
Craig Sager :(

Sags is an institution. T's and P's.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: April 18, 2014, 12:17:20 PM »
Warriors games definitely have a Raider-esque edge to them. They're lots of fun. They booed the crap out of the owner at Chris Mullin's jersey retirement.

The specific environment probably means the world on this sort of thing.  Golf tournaments in person are pretty boring to me, as well.  I've been to a few.  However, I bet that Phoenix Open is super fun, with all the college kids and people throwing cups around when there is a hole in one, and stuff.

My favorite baseball venue is the St. Paul Saints, because it's just non-stop shenanigans and people partying their asses off.  But, Royals games are by contrast kinda boring for me unless I am getting drunk with friends.

Football is almost always great, tho.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: April 18, 2014, 12:20:42 PM »
the live NFL experience is garbage

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: April 18, 2014, 12:22:18 PM »
East:  BKN-TOR|  ATL-IND|  CHA-MIA|  WAS-CHI|  West:  GS-LAC|  DAL-SA|  MEM-OKC|  POR-HOU

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: April 18, 2014, 12:23:40 PM »
i've been to one nba game. it was around five years ago and i went with a group of really good friends. it was a mavericks game and they were in the middle of some ridiculous win streak and the arena was sold out. it was two of the more lame hours that spent in my entire life. dead serious. national boring association is more like it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: April 18, 2014, 12:32:29 PM »
East:  BKN-TOR|  ATL-IND|  CHA-MIA|  WAS-CHI|  West:  GS-LAC|  DAL-SA|  MEM-OKC|  POR-HOU

man, the west first round is insane. Portland Houston is the only one that doesn't seem to have some bad blood.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: April 18, 2014, 12:40:09 PM »
i've been to one nba game. it was around five years ago and i went with a group of really good friends. it was a mavericks game and they were in the middle of some ridiculous win streak and the arena was sold out. it was two of the more lame hours that spent in my entire life. dead serious. national boring association is more like it.

i sat in the william morris agency's suite at the staples center this past christmas for the heat-lakers game.  was pretty great rubbing elbows with maria shriver and hollywood elites while watching Showtime live.  xavier henry though, good grief kid, give it up.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: April 18, 2014, 01:23:13 PM »

i sat in the william morris agency's suite at the staples center this past christmas for the heat-lakers game.  was pretty great rubbing elbows with maria shriver and hollywood elites while watching Showtime live.  xavier henry though, good grief kid, give it up.

You both are dead on.  NBA games are rough ridin' boring, but it's better if you have kick ass seats or whatever and don't have to depend upon the game for entertainment.