Author Topic: Drinks you shouldn't order at [Type of Bar] or will piss off customers/bartender  (Read 6915 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
I probably poured it

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Reminds me of the Manhattan they made me at Aggie Station (I think it was): dry vermouth and garnished with an orange slice.  Obviously only the best bartenders there.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I probably poured it
likely - the waitress didn't know what a Manhattan was so the order became "Jack Daniels and sweet vermouth on the rocks with a slice of lemon" and I am guessing she dropped the sweet or it didn't exist in that pill box of bar

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
i ordered a grasshopper from jeff at luckys once, I had no idea
but he made it

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

The Big Train

Reminds me of the Manhattan they made me at Aggie Station (I think it was): dry vermouth and garnished with an orange slice.  Obviously only the best bartenders there.

Was this pre-fattyfest like 3(?) years ago?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Ya, I bitched about it then too.  I think they gave me a well whiskey too.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I generally pride myself on being able to discern if I'm in a bar that is capable of making the drink I want.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
I generally pride myself on being able to discern if I'm in a bar that is capable of making the drink I want.
Yes, it should usually be pretty obvious. Order canned beer at the Lou, wells (two ingredient drinks) at Kites, Kaws, etc. and leave the cocktails for places like Mae's or HiLo. Sometimes places will disappoint though. For example, I love the Green Lady Lounge but their cocktails are trash and they really shouldn't be.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's a pretty broad statement about the lady waks

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Any bar -

That annoying absinthe tower thing.

The Big Train

I’ve had real absinthe before

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Yes, it should usually be pretty obvious. Order canned beer at the Lou, wells (two ingredient drinks) at Kites, Kaws, etc. and leave the cocktails for places like Mae's or HiLo. Sometimes places will disappoint though. For example, I love the Green Lady Lounge but their cocktails are trash and they really shouldn't be.
I think Green Lady makes decent drinks, not out of this world, but they’re certainly not trash, IMO

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's a pretty broad statement about the lady waks
crap vermouth that they don't keep chilled, shaken cocktails that should be stirred. Just because they have classic cocktails on their menu doesn't mean that they execute them well. When they nail everything else so well it's disappointing that they fall so short here.

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's been legal in the US since 2007.

The Big Train

The real one has magic mushrooms in it(they drink it in EuroTrip). Had it in Europe.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

The real one has magic mushrooms in it(they drink it in EuroTrip). Had it in Europe.

no it doesn't
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

no it doesn't

Ok I’m sorry it’s wormwood

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The Big Train

no it doesn't

Ok I’m sorry it’s wormwood
Yes. Which has been legal in the US since 2007. There are a bunch available now.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/06/best-absinthe-pernod-pacifique-clandestine-st-george-leopold-american-absinthe.html

Ok. I had it in 2005, before it was legal in the US. It doesn’t make you hallucinate or see green fairy’s. I tried it but didn’t drink a ton of it. It’s legal here now. Did I cover everything or do we need to keep talking about this?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
a friend and i made absinthe from a kit.  it was terrible
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline waks

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Testy Westy and I got absolutely blitzed on some that he brought back from Europe ten years ago. I've had some the traditional way in small quantities that weren't too bad but it's not something I would drink very often. It's good for cocktails though.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
The reason absinthe was said to cause hallucinations was not due to the wormwood (or magic mushrooms, as the astute and worldly TBT asserts in a very lol-worthy moment). It was from contamination due to unsanitary storage conditions. But I think we are all impressed that TBT has had "real" absinthe.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
 Choo's been drinkin absinthe long before anyone paid him to do it...

The Big Train

The reason absinthe was said to cause hallucinations was not due to the wormwood (or magic mushrooms, as the astute and worldly TBT asserts in a very lol-worthy moment). It was from contamination due to unsanitary storage conditions. But I think we are all impressed that TBT has had "real" absinthe.

Actually it’s not from unsanitary conditions you dumbass.  It’s from a chemical called thujone which comes from the wormwood.  I’m not surprised in the least you are wrong you pompous prick.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/edible-innovations/absinthe.htm

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Lot of gum flapping for a disgusting booze drink.