Author Topic: The Big V (vasectomy) thread--for grown-up 'Cat fans ONLY. (No GPCing allowed.)  (Read 25434 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The whole "doc approving it" thing makes me want to hurt someone.  You can have a doc shove plastic balloons inside a high school girl's chest and call it a graduation gift from her parents, but you can't take surgery as a form of birth control unless the doc understands your sitch.  That is just absolute bullshit.

I didn't remember this until now, but I did have to have my wife sign something stating she knew what I was doing and agreed to it.  Like it is against the law if a guy would get snipped and not tell his wife.  WTF?

Urologists and general surgeons are not cut from the same cloth as cosmetic surgeons.  You could find a doctor who would not care about your situation and perform a vasectomy but you'd have to look around.

And people wonder why our healthcare costs are out of control. Sheesh.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Take care when jumping off your tractor for at least a week.  Feels like your balls hit the ground when you land.  What I've been told by others.
Has it been established where your farm is? I am always looking to get my kids back out to a farm for a few hours when we travel back to KS. I am thinking a dobber family outting to Bloodfart Acres would be real treat. I'd bring the beer or whiskey if we could get the details worked out.

On topic and not GPCy, I had a buddy (non Canadian) who told me it was great. Evidently they want you to come back in 60 days for testing to make certain no swimmers can get past. I think it took 2 weeks or so before he was back in the saddle, and then they want you to ejaculate daily or something for at least 30 days. Anyway, the point of the story is that his wife said he wasn't doing that all by himself, so they had lots of fun for 30 days...made a game of it or something.

(That is not a GPCy posts. Your responses to that post could be GPCy, but original poster asked you to refrain, so please don't.)

I did share drinks with a guy who was Canadian and that type of doctor who told me there are rare instances that things can "re-attach" over time after the procedure.....FWIW.

Wife's friend has a kid who was a result of things slipping through after the surgery.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Take care when jumping off your tractor for at least a week.  Feels like your balls hit the ground when you land.  What I've been told by others.
Has it been established where your farm is? I am always looking to get my kids back out to a farm for a few hours when we travel back to KS. I am thinking a dobber family outting to Bloodfart Acres would be real treat. I'd bring the beer or whiskey if we could get the details worked out.

On topic and not GPCy, I had a buddy (non Canadian) who told me it was great. Evidently they want you to come back in 60 days for testing to make certain no swimmers can get past. I think it took 2 weeks or so before he was back in the saddle, and then they want you to ejaculate daily or something for at least 30 days. Anyway, the point of the story is that his wife said he wasn't doing that all by himself, so they had lots of fun for 30 days...made a game of it or something.

(That is not a GPCy posts. Your responses to that post could be GPCy, but original poster asked you to refrain, so please don't.)

I did share drinks with a guy who was Canadian and that type of doctor who told me there are rare instances that things can "re-attach" over time after the procedure.....FWIW.

Wife's friend has a kid who was a result of things slipping through after the surgery.

Kid will end up being a Navy SEAL.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Kid will end up being a Navy SEAL.
Or a serial killer. Odds are roughly the same. Mocat can check the math.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I once thought it would be FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!! to get a vasectomy on Father's Day. Alas, Sundays. :)

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
Use a rubber band, few days later boom new keychain thingy.

Or decoration for your desk.

Like a lucky rabbit's foot.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Most of these methods avoid the opportunity for a good ol' Rocky Mountain Oyester Fry.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
So, I told Mrs IPA about the need to clear the pipes daily. She does not believe you Dobber.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:08:46 PM by IPA4Me »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
So, I told Mrs IPA about the need to clear the pipes daily. She does not believe you Dobber.

Dob speaks the truth

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline Stat_Cat

• Fan
    • View Profile

Dob speaks the truth

I've looked into this, I think daily may be pushing it, but the pipes are recommended to be cleared at least 20 times in a 46 day period (It's actually 60 but most of us can't function for up to two weeks without doubling over in pain...) 
The new process is actually the easiest/safest way to go, instead of cutting they basically poke a small hole in the sack and go in with a laser and pair of micro tweezers and burn, then tie it off.  Recovery time this way is only 48 hours and you are back on your feet with no restrictions, the old way was 2 weeks...

Told the Mrs. this is my birthday present this year... We'll see if it happens...

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
Plenty of rate your urologist sites out there. The internet is amazing. Guess I should call my insurance co and see if they'll pitch in for this elective surgery.

Offline Stat_Cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Plenty of rate your urologist sites out there. The internet is amazing. Guess I should call my insurance co and see if they'll pitch in for this elective surgery.
Most do, it's cheaper than paying for birth control for the next xx years...

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
know of a general surgeon who did his own with a mirror and textbook. must be pud.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
know of a general surgeon who did his own with a mirror and textbook. must be pud.

This is amazing.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There's a story from the depths of Bloodfart lore that is still debated to this day.  It makes me cringe every time.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
What does one cost? I guess I just assumed surgery would be a ton.  Maybe the doc needs the reason to pass it through health insurance?

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile

Probs not his. Has he contacted Maury yet?

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
My great uncle (uncle once removed?) had tried for years to conceive a child with his wife.  His in-laws relentlessly questioned and harassed him every time they talked.  After years of being belittled and berated about his inability to get the job done one night during dinner his father-in-law asked him one more time.

"Why can't you produce a grandchild for me?" Great uncle Bf pushed away from the table and walked calmly to the bathroom.  When he emerged from the bathroom he walked over and slammed his hand on the dining room table and yelled "NOW YOU SHUT UP!" Opened his hand there were his testicles he had cut off in the bathroom.

Offline Stat_Cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
My great uncle (uncle once removed?) had tried for years to conceive a child with his wife.  His in-laws relentlessly questioned and harassed him every time they talked.  After years of being belittled and berated about his inability to get the job done one night during dinner his father-in-law asked him one more time.

"Why can't you produce a grandchild for me?" Great uncle Bf pushed away from the table and walked calmly to the bathroom.  When he emerged from the bathroom he walked over and slammed his hand on the dining room table and yelled "NOW YOU SHUT UP!" Opened his hand there were his testicles he had cut off in the bathroom.
:ohno: :horrorsurprise: :Crybaby: :frown: That is the thing urban legends are made of... :sdeek:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What does one cost? I guess I just assumed surgery would be a ton.  Maybe the doc needs the reason to pass it through health insurance?

One inexpensive but very time consuming way to perform this procedure is to sign up for a nuclear boomer patrol and chief a bunch of heaters in the screw room. Cdubya?

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
<----uncle bf no balls tho

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
have you guys seen anybody with the birth control implants in their arm?

first time I saw it I was thinking  :eek:  :surprised: :emawkid:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Most do, it's cheaper than paying for birth control for the next xx years...

My insurance covered all but $70.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
My insurance covered all but $70.

sweet jesus where's the scalpel

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

there is no way