Author Topic: facebook posts/tweets from people from your hometown  (Read 513092 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: facebook posts/tweets from people from your hometown
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »
Not a facebook or twitter, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread for "Overheard in the engineering building"

"You know what the worst thing about carrying a padlock in your cargo pocket?  It beats the crap out of your knee."
:adios:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2012, 02:51:26 PM »
I have a confession to make, I chose the people I would quote based upon people that I thought I have friends in common with on here and was curious. Also, one of the things I listed was a quote of myself that I thought was witty and wanted to share.

I'm sorry if I went against the premise of the thread.

Offline bringonthecats

• Fan
  • #teamwillspradling #teamnosleeves
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2012, 03:04:34 PM »
Pissin in the crowded parking lot with my mom....yep sometimes you just gotta...

Offline steaksdime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2012, 03:17:21 PM »
Any townies from the RD era seen the girl who is now a bodybuilder?  I'm talking about a rough ridin' huge and ripped totally legit bodybuilder.  Good Christ Almighty.
I think I know who you are talking about. I actually thought she might be the one from rd's post.

not the same person. chum's girl is tough as nails though. oh man i'm too much.  :lol:

send me names

rd nailed it. No idea on the other. Can't think of anyone into Muay Thai fights but my MHKIQ isn't what it once was.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2012, 03:28:20 PM »
Any townies from the RD era seen the girl who is now a bodybuilder?  I'm talking about a rough ridin' huge and ripped totally legit bodybuilder.  Good Christ Almighty.
I think I know who you are talking about. I actually thought she might be the one from rd's post.

not the same person. chum's girl is tough as nails though. oh man i'm too much.  :lol:

send me names

rd nailed it. No idea on the other. Can't think of anyone into Muay Thai fights but my MHKIQ isn't what it once was.

farley grudge from earlier in this thread knows the muay thai fighter. do you know farley grudge?  :dunno:

Offline Farley Grudge

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2012, 04:52:09 PM »

send me names

farley grudge from earlier in this thread knows the muay thai fighter. do you know farley grudge?  :dunno:

I actually don't remember her. I think she was class of 94 though  :dunno:  I actually though for a while that she was a guy that I knew from class of 93 with the same last name and had a sex change. I had to call one of my friends from her class and ask about her.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2012, 07:19:45 PM »

send me names

I actually don't remember her. I think she was class of 94 though  :dunno:  I actually though for a while that she was a guy that I knew from class of 93 with the same last name and had a sex change. I had to call one of my friends from her class and ask about her.

:lol: omg that's fantastic.  :thumbs:

more from muay thai fighter. also from now on just assume everything i post is from her...

Going to watch 'The AVENGERS' @ the Dollar theater this afternoon!!
Haven't see it yet, plus have not been to the theater in a few months,,,,*excited*.
:-)

So my husband & I went to the 'dollar' movie theater today to see that movie 'The AVENGERS' that evryone has been talking crazy about..........and..........Ehhhh we both said it was 'ok' but definitely was not great. The first half I was struggleing hard to stay awake & then it got goofy.
I know lots of people loved that movie, but Hubby & I did not.
Glad we did't buy it!
LOL

Rain again??????!!
It's poured TONS of inches for the past 6 days, weather man said was to be Sunny all this week, but now it's POURING again!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2012, 11:23:23 PM »
TONS of inches :eek:

Offline Farley Grudge

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2012, 09:43:02 PM »
More from Daris' highschool sweetheart:

"I'm trying to tell my husband this is what I want to do,,,,,,, He knows I want a pet Kangaroo, but I want to raise it from a baby, spoiling it & makeing it very tame. Plus I want to dress it up in diffrent Holiday costumes/outfits & take it every month to diffrent Nursing Homes for the Residents to enjoy. I think it would be cute & fun for them..........& me too. :-)
 Hopfully someday I can start doing that, but Hubby laughs at me saying I'm Goofy. lol"

"Enough is Enough..........I am NEVER living in a house with just ONE bathroom again!!!!
 I don't know how many times I have seriously come close to peeing my pants from waiting so long for the bathroom,,, I'm hurt'n BAD right now as well from holding it!!!
 About to Die, Urrrrgggggggg.......!!! LOL :-)"

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2012, 10:24:57 PM »

"I'm trying to tell my husband this is what I want to do,,,,,,, He knows I want a pet Kangaroo, but I want to raise it from a baby, spoiling it & makeing it very tame. Plus I want to dress it up in diffrent Holiday costumes/outfits & take it every month to diffrent Nursing Homes for the Residents to enjoy. I think it would be cute & fun for them..........& me too. :-)
 Hopfully someday I can start doing that, but Hubby laughs at me saying I'm Goofy. lol"

i laughed at this harder than i've laughed in the last year. true story. uncontrollable laughter when i read it a couple hours ago. tried to read it to mrs daris but had to stop and restart five times. i think these posts could be their own thread but maybe i'm just the only one that thinks these things are gold.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2012, 10:27:44 PM »

i laughed at this harder than i've laughed in the last year. true story. uncontrollable laughter when i read it a couple hours ago. tried to read it to mrs daris but had to stop and restart five times. i think these posts could be their own thread but maybe i'm just the only one that thinks these things are gold.

they're pretty decent.  worth the time of reading.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2012, 10:32:33 PM »

they're pretty decent.  worth the time of reading.

i mean you just can't make this stuff up. honest to god she wants to raise a kangaroo from birth and then dress it in different monthly holiday costumes and take it to nursing homes. i mean what do you even

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2012, 10:35:15 PM »
Are 'roos even legal? I mean what if it ran around and jacked people in the head and killed someone?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2012, 10:36:06 PM »
Quote from: muay thai fighting facebooker

I'm hurt'n BAD right now as well from holding it!!!
 About to Die, Urrrrgggggggg.......!!! LOL :-)"

urrrrgggggggg....!!!  :shakesfist:

:lol:

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2012, 11:03:36 PM »

:combofan:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2012, 11:05:50 PM »
The hell is that thing on the right?

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2012, 11:08:09 PM »

The hell is that thing on left.

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2012, 11:14:35 PM »

I'd love to hear your guess, but the highschool mascot is a purple buffalo.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
So that crap is real?

Funniest part is that if it is real, while itwas getting done, they were bleeding red. :lol:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2012, 12:59:33 AM »
Do parents' facebook posts count?  I'm going to assume yes.

As everyone ever so fondly remembers, 40 years ago this week I assumed the role of time-and-motion expert Frank Gilbreth in a high school production of “Cheaper By the Dozen,” and therefore, merely by virtue of reciting the lines in my highly acclaimed depiction, became something of an efficiency expert, myself. (By the way, that is not Frank Gilbreth in the photo. It’s Clifton Webb, who also played the part of Frank Gilbreth, though his performance was, shall we say, wanting.)

Today’s topic: Making Your Showering Time More Efficient.

Step one is to disrobe. This goes without saying, of course, but many people forget this part, or are too modest. The next step is to unwrap two bars of soap instead of one. Put one bar of soap in your right hand, and the other bar of soap in your left hand. Once you have completed this step, soap away in contrary motion on both sides of your body. Your shower time is thus, by mathematical definition, cut in half! (If you have more than two sides of your body, use whatever number of soap bars that you need, or see your doctor. Ha ha. That’s just a joke.)

A supplemental tip: To make your shower time even more efficient, use two bottles of shampoo. Squirt one side of your head with the bottle in your right hand, and the other side with the bottle in your left hand. Of course, your hair will be washed in half the time!

By employing these simple techniques, I have reduced my shower time from 45 minutes to 13 seconds.

(I'm also a publisher, of course, and this is just a free sample to seduce you into subscribing to my new monthly newsletter, “Time and Motion Tips for Today’s Human Being.” The cost is just $795 a year, a bargain for great tips like this one. Don’t miss the November issue, featuring “How to shut your refrigerator door faster.”)

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2012, 02:37:39 AM »
Wish I had something to contribute, but the only thing my high school produced on facebook are single moms who check in at Luna and Mosaic 5 nights a week. Those posts are just sad opposed to the hilariousness you guys post.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2012, 07:04:01 AM »

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2012, 07:05:41 AM »
IRRITATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN YOU NOT LOOK AT YOUR SCHEDULE TOO SEE WHAT TIME YOU WORK??!!!!! REALLY?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2012, 07:11:41 AM »
also, am I facebook friends with epic tattoo person? If not, I will correct that immediately.   :love:

Offline steaksdime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2012, 09:24:08 AM »

I'd love to hear your guess, but the highschool mascot is a purple buffalo.
A bottle opener?