Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #2375 on: December 07, 2017, 11:21:29 AM »
Convinced my work to put in double monitors at home for "late night working". Best sale I've ever made.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: December 07, 2017, 11:22:42 AM »
Looking to get into the job market and maybe looking to network with some fellow tech cats. I'm a Computer Science major and currently looking for IT jobs over the summer in either MHK or Wichita. If you know any stud cats that are willing to help an undergrad out pm me! I have been looking and applied for internships one of em I won't hear back from til next week. TIA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I don't know how much pull he has, but i'd reach out to @The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #2377 on: December 07, 2017, 12:17:40 PM »
Looking to get into the job market and maybe looking to network with some fellow tech cats. I'm a Computer Science major and currently looking for IT jobs over the summer in either MHK or Wichita. If you know any stud cats that are willing to help an undergrad out pm me! I have been looking and applied for internships one of em I won't hear back from til next week. TIA

We had 2 internship spots this past summer and one still works for us.  I don’t know if we will have another one this summer or not.  We usually don’t advertise it until late tho.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: December 07, 2017, 12:28:45 PM »
when I "work from home" I go to my local library and I LOVE IT. I probably get twice as much work done in an afternoon at the library as I do two full days in the office.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: December 07, 2017, 12:30:10 PM »
Yeah I like going to a public place. I find that if someone can view my screen I tend to stay off of the ole message boards and social sites and stick to doing what I actually needed to get done

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: December 07, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »

We had 2 internship spots this past summer and one still works for us.  I don’t know if we will have another one this summer or not.  We usually don’t advertise it until late tho.
Who is we? Pm me.

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: December 07, 2017, 12:53:17 PM »
I don't find there is anything on TV during the day that is distracting at all. I'm perfectly capable of getting work done with The People's Court going on in the background.
ESPN is good background noise until Highly Questionable comes on then I'm f'd for 30 min.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: December 07, 2017, 12:54:32 PM »
Tbt I did my #coding homework at aggie station while pounding booze and got a's on all the projects just saying  :th_twocents:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: December 07, 2017, 01:21:15 PM »

Are you looking to intern at a computer place or to do computer things at any sort of place?

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: December 07, 2017, 01:40:00 PM »

Are you looking to intern at a computer place or to do computer things at any sort of place?
Anything I can get my hands on Trim.

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: December 07, 2017, 01:47:05 PM »
think he meant "any trim i can get my hands on"   :Keke:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: December 07, 2017, 05:35:45 PM »
I don't find there is anything on TV during the day that is distracting at all. I'm perfectly capable of getting work done with The People's Court going on in the background.
I like the background noise. Parks and rec has me lol'ing while I work from home.
but cube farms rule!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: December 08, 2017, 08:41:02 AM »
They don't necessarily rule, but I enjoy lol'ing over dumb crap with my coworkers

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: December 08, 2017, 12:45:27 PM »
Working from home is great because I just get all my crap done in a few hours and can do whatever I want from there. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: December 08, 2017, 12:47:32 PM »
Working from home is great because I just get all my crap done in a few hours and can do whatever I want from there.

Pretty novel idea here!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: January 05, 2018, 10:30:07 AM »
My boss and his boss are like work BFFs. My boss didn't come in yesterday (surprise!). So, my boss's boss stopped in to chat with me a couple of times. He seemed kinda antsy or nervous. When I tried to respond to what he was saying, it was like I hadn't said anything and he just kept right on babbling. He picked up plastic bubble packing material, said he almost mistook it for his pool floaties, and held it up to his arm to demonstrate. (He's right that it does actually look like pool floaties.) I laughed/did my best fake laugh and he nervously laughed.

When I came in this morning, I saw an email announcement that two people were fired after I left for the day. In hindsight, my boss's boss was probably dying to talk to someone about what was going on yesterday.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: January 05, 2018, 11:00:15 AM »
I feel bad for your bosses boss after that story

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: January 05, 2018, 11:26:20 AM »
reading that made me nervous

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: January 05, 2018, 11:56:58 AM »
I think they look like floaties too and have done the same thing with them

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: January 05, 2018, 12:00:19 PM »
I would think your boss would be kind of old to still be wearing arm floaties in the pool.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: June 29, 2018, 09:27:37 PM »
This is a German girl who seems maybe a tad shy of being fully proficient at speaking English. We introduced ourselves and then she just marched me straight to the VP's office and told me I could sit in there and wait if I wanted. I was like "Maybe I'll go find the bathroom and check out the gym. Or even leave and come back in an hour." She said okay and then turned around and walked off.

German girl is now my boss. I have to move into a room with her and some other girl. This will probably be a good time to do some more posting to this thread.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: June 30, 2018, 01:49:28 PM »
german huh?  what a beautiful case of schadenfreude

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 16, 2018, 10:47:17 AM »
can a job disqualify you for not being vegan or vegetarian?  just came across a capital management job that has that requirement.  i eat meat.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 16, 2018, 10:49:29 AM »
I don't think carnivore is a protected class
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire