Author Topic: jobs  (Read 80354 times)

Offline WackyCat08

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #2375 on: December 07, 2017, 11:21:29 AM »
Convinced my work to put in double monitors at home for "late night working". Best sale I've ever made.

Offline WackyCat08

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: December 07, 2017, 11:22:42 AM »
Looking to get into the job market and maybe looking to network with some fellow tech cats. I'm a Computer Science major and currently looking for IT jobs over the summer in either MHK or Wichita. If you know any stud cats that are willing to help an undergrad out pm me! I have been looking and applied for internships one of em I won't hear back from til next week. TIA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I don't know how much pull he has, but i'd reach out to @The Big Train

Offline The Big Train

• World Series & FattyFest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • i wrote stuxnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: December 07, 2017, 12:17:40 PM »
Looking to get into the job market and maybe looking to network with some fellow tech cats. I'm a Computer Science major and currently looking for IT jobs over the summer in either MHK or Wichita. If you know any stud cats that are willing to help an undergrad out pm me! I have been looking and applied for internships one of em I won't hear back from til next week. TIA

We had 2 internship spots this past summer and one still works for us.  I don’t know if we will have another one this summer or not.  We usually don’t advertise it until late tho.
KU football is a sleeping giant and always has been - beems

If LHC Bill Snyder had been hired at KU years ago, we'd have a national championship in football and a couple more BCS bowls. - beems

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: December 07, 2017, 12:28:45 PM »
when I "work from home" I go to my local library and I LOVE IT. I probably get twice as much work done in an afternoon at the library as I do two full days in the office.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: December 07, 2017, 12:30:10 PM »
Yeah I like going to a public place. I find that if someone can view my screen I tend to stay off of the ole message boards and social sites and stick to doing what I actually needed to get done

Offline GregKSU1027

• Katpak'r
  • Im here for the #exBruces
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: December 07, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »

We had 2 internship spots this past summer and one still works for us.  I don’t know if we will have another one this summer or not.  We usually don’t advertise it until late tho.
Who is we? Pm me.

"Except, odds are, that child will have the chance to return to Disney World while K-State fans will most likely never, ever, ever see Underwood back in Bramlage wearing purple." -Timothy Everson

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Delicious 100% Cambodian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: December 07, 2017, 12:53:17 PM »
I don't find there is anything on TV during the day that is distracting at all. I'm perfectly capable of getting work done with The People's Court going on in the background.
ESPN is good background noise until Highly Questionable comes on then I'm f'd for 30 min.
"Will is a good shooter"

Offline libliblibliblibliblib

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: December 07, 2017, 12:54:32 PM »
Tbt I did my #coding homework at aggie station while pounding booze and got a's on all the projects just saying  :th_twocents:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

I think.you.are deep down.a.trans cowboy gravy eater.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "Tacky" -Kietz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: December 07, 2017, 01:21:15 PM »

Are you looking to intern at a computer place or to do computer things at any sort of place?

Offline GregKSU1027

• Katpak'r
  • Im here for the #exBruces
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: December 07, 2017, 01:40:00 PM »

Are you looking to intern at a computer place or to do computer things at any sort of place?
Anything I can get my hands on Trim.

"Except, odds are, that child will have the chance to return to Disney World while K-State fans will most likely never, ever, ever see Underwood back in Bramlage wearing purple." -Timothy Everson

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: December 07, 2017, 01:47:05 PM »
think he meant "any trim i can get my hands on"   :Keke:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: December 07, 2017, 05:35:45 PM »
I don't find there is anything on TV during the day that is distracting at all. I'm perfectly capable of getting work done with The People's Court going on in the background.
I like the background noise. Parks and rec has me lol'ing while I work from home.
but cube farms rule!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WackyCat08

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #FireBradHill!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: December 08, 2017, 08:41:02 AM »
They don't necessarily rule, but I enjoy lol'ing over dumb crap with my coworkers

Offline ChiCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: December 08, 2017, 12:45:27 PM »
Working from home is great because I just get all my crap done in a few hours and can do whatever I want from there. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: December 08, 2017, 12:47:32 PM »
Working from home is great because I just get all my crap done in a few hours and can do whatever I want from there.

Pretty novel idea here!