« Reply #2325 on: September 18, 2017, 06:54:22 AM »
Or :D?

Retired? Come into a lot of money?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #2326 on: November 20, 2017, 07:38:31 AM »
So, last week, we had a company wide meeting regarding open enrollment. Going in, we'd been told that the owner/CEO of the company was going to give us some info on a second voluntary life insurance product available starting in 2018. Once we were in there, I started realizing that it sounded more like a sales pitch and that the owner/CEO must be getting some sales commission. THEN, I get this in my email this morning:

As a follow up to [redacted]’s conversation with everyone on Friday regarding our new whole life insurance product, we will be reaching out to each of you to schedule 30 minutes to explain exactly how the new product will work for you personally and what the cost will be for you and your family.  Thank you!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: November 30, 2017, 02:01:55 PM »
Holy mother of god. I have a "client" that was cleared to go with us, but needed to drive up to the Canadian border to get her Visa stamped from Indiana to proceed. Turns out our lawyers forgot to put the address down on the contract and now she's driving back because they turned her down. Doesn't want to stop for us to send her a new one. She's just going to drive back there tomorrow.

:sdeek:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:08:55 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: November 30, 2017, 04:10:05 PM »
Holy mother of god. I have a "client" that was cleared to go with us, but needed to drive up to the Canadian border to get her Visa stamped from Indiana to proceed. Turns out our lawyers forgot to put the address down on the contract and now she's driving back because they turned her down. Doesn't want to stop for us to send her a new one. She's just going to drive back there tomorrow.

I don't understand any of this, but I especially don't understand the bolded.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: November 30, 2017, 04:15:01 PM »

I don't understand any of this, but I especially don't understand the bolded.

my guess is he meant to type India  instead of Indiana but it's still pretty confusing

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: November 30, 2017, 04:17:26 PM »
When you have a Work Visa, you have to have your new contract stamped at the border for proof of your new job. Unfortunately, whatever the contract the lawyers put together wasn't enough and said candidate was just going to turn around and come back tomorrow. I finally stopped them in South Mich and put them up in a hotel for the night and fedex the new legal document they'd need. Been a crazy day.

This work visa candidate is from Canada.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: November 30, 2017, 04:21:15 PM »
They've been working in Indiana if that clears anything up. Maybe it doesn't tho. On a work visa you need a new stamp for each change of employment.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: November 30, 2017, 04:21:46 PM »
Damn, mocat deleted his idiotic post.  :frown:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: November 30, 2017, 04:23:08 PM »
When you have a Work Visa, you have to have your new contract stamped at the border for proof of your new job. Unfortunately, whatever the contract the lawyers put together wasn't enough and said candidate was just going to turn around and come back tomorrow. I finally stopped them in South Mich and put them up in a hotel for the night and fedex the new legal document they'd need. Been a crazy day.

This work visa candidate is from Canada.
Which don't get me started on this either. They drove 2 hours north past Detroit to another border.  :confused:

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: November 30, 2017, 04:23:39 PM »
Damn, mocat deleted his idiotic post.  :frown:

it sounds like you stopped them like 45 minutes from the border wacks, but then again i don't have a geography minor

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: November 30, 2017, 04:28:01 PM »
They were about 2 hours away from the border when they called me (heading back). Heading west from Sarnia, Canada . They drove up from Indy today. It's a crazy weird scenario. Why did they go so far north to hit a border?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: November 30, 2017, 04:33:54 PM »
USA only performs immigration actions at the borders? that doesn't make sense.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: November 30, 2017, 04:36:21 PM »
None of it makes sense to me. That's why management and our lawyers handle it. Not that you care, but there's this: http://canadiansinusa.com/Working-in-the-US/h-1b-visa.html

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: November 30, 2017, 04:37:36 PM »
I'm completely lost. At the same time, I feel like the story is most enjoyable that way.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: November 30, 2017, 04:39:05 PM »
I'm lost too, I was just told today they'd need the stamp and they are supposed to start tomorrow.  :runaway: I literally was like "what?" in the meeting.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: November 30, 2017, 04:40:34 PM »
cant they just go to the nearest airport or ice office or post office or some such?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: November 30, 2017, 04:42:00 PM »
I would think so, but we just signed this candidate a few weeks ago, so maybe there wasn't enough time.  :dunno: I honestly don't know how any of this works.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: November 30, 2017, 04:43:29 PM »
I will say this, Trump has mumped a lot of this type of stuff up in the last year. It's 10X harder.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: November 30, 2017, 05:08:26 PM »
So, last week, we had a company wide meeting regarding open enrollment. Going in, we'd been told that the owner/CEO of the company was going to give us some info on a second voluntary life insurance product available starting in 2018. Once we were in there, I started realizing that it sounded more like a sales pitch and that the owner/CEO must be getting some sales commission. THEN, I get this in my email this morning:

As a follow up to [redacted]’s conversation with everyone on Friday regarding our new whole life insurance product, we will be reaching out to each of you to schedule 30 minutes to explain exactly how the new product will work for you personally and what the cost will be for you and your family.  Thank you!
what in the world lol? is your boss selling aflac on the side?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: November 30, 2017, 05:22:35 PM »
I will say this, Drumpf has mumped a lot of this type of stuff up in the last year. It's 10X harder.

Indeed, my gf got here visa renewal rejected today for insufficient evidence, whatever tf that means (haven't read the letter yet). We're hoping to get some of this sorted out tomorrow. She's been here for 4 years for fucks sake.

She's been applying to get it renewed since January, and everything was fine until you can guess what day. Got a lawyer helping her out and everything. The whole thing is stupid.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: November 30, 2017, 05:26:06 PM »
I had an Irish friend with a  master's degree in mathematics from Northwestern, been here 4 years and employed in his field. His Visa renewal was denied in May, so he had to leave.  Silliness.
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: November 30, 2017, 05:59:50 PM »
I've lost 4 docs this year because of this.

Also, found out why they went to the other border location. I guess it takes 3X as long in Detroit to be seen vs this other border. Makes sense.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: November 30, 2017, 06:50:06 PM »
Good job trump

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: November 30, 2017, 07:23:24 PM »

what in the world lol? is your boss selling aflac on the side?

This reminded me that I haven't heard a good update on chum's job and didn't know where to go to find one. Is it this thread?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: November 30, 2017, 07:28:44 PM »
This reminded me that I haven't heard a good update on chum's job and didn't know where to go to find one. Is it this thread?

The last good update was the Charlie Sheen door. That may have been in the hilarious things at the office thread.