Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1334356 times)

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Re: trip assistance request thread
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2011, 01:42:26 PM »
going to las vegas on june 24th to june 26 from mci. cannot take a vacation day on the 24th so will need a flight after 3 pm. flight home can be a red eye.

hotel reservos are already done. would like RT fare to be under $350.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2011, 01:55:16 PM »
going to las vegas on june 24th to june 26 from mci. cannot take a vacation day on the 24th so will need a flight after 3 pm. flight home can be a red eye.

Is driving to Wichita out of the question?  Allegiant Air has fantastic deals out of wichita to vegas.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2011, 02:24:03 PM »

wtf, why is it so expensive to fly to Vegas from KC?  Seems racist.  What's your airline mile situation?  Any possibilities?  Usually I shudder at the thought of using miles for a flight to Vegas since it's usually so cheap but when you are looking at $400+ that brings miles into play. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2011, 02:28:07 PM »
Phoenix is great, weather should be great.  Lots of cool outdoorsy stuff to do.  Can visit Sedona.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2011, 02:48:32 PM »

Is driving to Wichita out of the question?  Allegiant Air has fantastic deals out of wichita to vegas.

yes, out of the question.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2011, 02:49:35 PM »

wtf, why is it so expensive to fly to Vegas from KC?  Seems racist.  What's your airline mile situation?  Any possibilities?  Usually I shudder at the thought of using miles for a flight to Vegas since it's usually so cheap but when you are looking at $400+ that brings miles into play. 

i'm white, so no, not racist.

i'm very embarassed about my miles situation. pretend that i have about 300,000 saved but don't want to use any of it.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2011, 03:17:07 PM »

wtf, why is it so expensive to fly to Vegas from KC?  Seems racist.  What's your airline mile situation?  Any possibilities?  Usually I shudder at the thought of using miles for a flight to Vegas since it's usually so cheap but when you are looking at $400+ that brings miles into play.  

i'm very embarassed about my miles situation. pretend that i have about 300,000 saved but don't want to use any of it.

well, get ready to get at least 400 more miles on whatever program youf credit card is then  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 03:20:18 PM by steve dave »

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2011, 03:19:24 PM »

well, get ready to get at least 400 more miles on whatever program you credit card is then  :thumbs:

you call that assistance?  :shakesfist:

Offline yat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2011, 11:27:30 AM »
Puerto Vallarta.  I have a guy.

email details. tia  :driving:

+1

Am actually looking @ getaway to PV either 11/26 through 12/02 or 12/31 through 01/06/12 (dates flexible).  Planning to use United (75K)/Starwood (30K) points (accumulated due to prompting by the CC thread - thanks!) to pay for at least part of the trip, but am intrigued your mysterious guy.  PM?   :crossfingers:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2011, 12:24:32 PM »
http://omnicancunmexico.com

Seems like a legitimately decent place for super cheap. Dunno. Good reviews, etc.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2011, 01:50:12 PM »

Normally use miles for this reason.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2011, 02:37:44 PM »
http://www.fly.com/deal.aspx?id=LAS060111&Origin=LAX&Destination=LAS&utm_source=tzoo&utm_medium=t20&utm_campaign=LAS060111

vegas flights thing that comes to my email.

unfortunately, ETP's dates/time restrictions seem to have screwed him

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2011, 05:29:54 PM »
Wife found a deal for 4 nights in Kauai at the Weston with meals and stuff for two for $780 or so nic air.

Never been to Hawaii.  Looking to go for anniversary next summer. 

Is Kauai a good place to start Hawaii'ing at?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2011, 06:05:31 PM »
Wife found a deal for 4 nights in Kauai at the Weston with meals and stuff for two for $780 or so nic air.

Never been to Hawaii.  Looking to go for anniversary next summer. 

Is Kauai a good place to start Hawaii'ing at?

kauai is amazing and is very chill.  you'll love it.  The westin is a timeshare on the non-sunny side of the island though. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2011, 06:15:16 PM »
sounds ghetto

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2011, 06:46:32 PM »
http://www.fly.com/deal.aspx?id=LAS060111&Origin=LAX&Destination=LAS&utm_source=tzoo&utm_medium=t20&utm_campaign=LAS060111

going to europe for 2 weeks in august so i cannot spare any vacay days.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2011, 07:10:46 PM »

going to europe for 2 weeks in august so i cannot spare any vacay days.

yeah, that's understandable. 

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »
Going to Chicago this Monday and Tuesday. White Sox game prob and a good restaurant. Meeting will be in Tinley Park and just would like rec's on place or two to eat.

Offline yat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2011, 11:25:08 AM »

Seems like a legitimately decent place for super cheap. Dunno. Good reviews, etc.

Looked at this a little bit, don't like this part:

Congratulations! In appreciation of your acceptance to attend a 90 minute promotional tour of the resort sometime during your stay, the Omni Cancun Resort has extended this special ONE TIME ONLY promotional vacation package to you allowing you to save up to 75% off the retail price! Your All Inclusive vacation package allows you take advantage of UNLIMITED meals, room service, beverages including alcohol drinks*, and usage of all the resort amenities! Other than the 90-minute resort preview, there is absolutely no other Obligation. The resort preview is designed to be fun and informative and includes a tour of the resort property & amenities which will help you better enjoy your vacation! 

. . . or this part

In the event IMS Vacations is informed by the resort developer that your selected travel dates have become unavailable, IMS Vacations reserves the right to offer substitute accommodations of equal or greater value. If the reservation is cancelled within 5 days of arrival, you will be allowed to reschedule, however, the $75 rescheduling fee will apply.

http://omnicancunmexico.com/terms_conditions.asp

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2011, 11:42:11 AM »
This was on yahoo.  Don't know if anyone would be interested.  Probably not.

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/summertravel/10-best-hotel-deals-2483395/
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2011, 12:49:33 PM »

Looked at this a little bit, don't like this part:

Congratulations! In appreciation of your acceptance to attend a 90 minute promotional tour of the resort sometime during your stay, the Omni Cancun Resort has extended this special ONE TIME ONLY promotional vacation package to you allowing you to save up to 75% off the retail price! Your All Inclusive vacation package allows you take advantage of UNLIMITED meals, room service, beverages including alcohol drinks*, and usage of all the resort amenities! Other than the 90-minute resort preview, there is absolutely no other Obligation. The resort preview is designed to be fun and informative and includes a tour of the resort property & amenities which will help you better enjoy your vacation! 

. . . or this part

In the event IMS Vacations is informed by the resort developer that your selected travel dates have become unavailable, IMS Vacations reserves the right to offer substitute accommodations of equal or greater value. If the reservation is cancelled within 5 days of arrival, you will be allowed to reschedule, however, the $75 rescheduling fee will apply.

http://omnicancunmexico.com/terms_conditions.asp

Oh man. Yeah, that looks horrible. Not worth it.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2011, 09:36:34 PM »
going to be in denver thursday-sunday in july with my three brothers (d00ds only).  activities are needed.  please provide suggestions goEMAW, you are my only hope!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2011, 09:37:02 PM »
going to be in denver thursday-sunday in july with my three brothers (d00ds only).  activities are needed.  please provide suggestions goEMAW, you are my only hope!

Debunk DIA.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2011, 09:48:45 PM »
Debunk DIA.

check on the rabbits.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."