Author Topic: Favorite Professor at Kansas State University  (Read 21293 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Professor at Kansas State University
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2011, 07:59:19 PM »
Lymann baker

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2011, 08:03:52 PM »
Waiting for chunkles thoughts...

I learned the most from these dudes:
Charney <==  The Rick Steves of architectural history.
Knox (for studio)  <== hated by many,  :love: by me
McNamara <==really challenged me (him=practical, me=head in the clouds).  He introduced me to Scarpa :swoon:

also had a prof in CVUT who taught me the clone stamp tool in photoshop.  I am very grateful for that.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2011, 08:17:31 PM »
Never had Knox for studio. Heard some horror stories though. Liked him well enough in computing.

My favorites-

Hoag- Most thought he was crazy. Thought his seminar was great. Studio was pretty good.
Howe- Awesome professor.
Torgier- Badass. Pure badass.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2011, 08:20:21 PM »
Female: Yasmin Patel (would record channel 8 and touch myself to it)

Male: Chris akelroy (dear god.)

I'm about 99% sure they are boning.

I'm 100% sure.

Yep, I wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly. I was at a house party about a year ago, getting drunk and wasted and stuff, and the next thing I know, god damn Patel and Akelroy walk in. rough ridin' sweet. They separate for some reason, but Akelroy comes over to a group of us, points at Dr. Patel and says (all britishy), "See the girl over there? I'm banging her."

Patel was my chem professor at the time. Akelroy subbed for her at times. Bricks were shat. Also gave me a weird boner.

Two things:

His name is Aakeroy (second a has an umlaut) and he's actually Swedish.  He and Patel live together.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2011, 08:23:23 PM »
akelroy + patel = hottest couple ever.

Offline J.EMAW33

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2011, 10:18:05 PM »

love akelroy. he's so english!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2011, 10:24:55 PM »

love akelroy. he's so english!

Agreed.  What an amazingly British man that Brit is. 
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2011, 11:34:18 PM »

Charles Sanders

History with the blood in it!!!

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2011, 08:42:06 AM »
Lymann baker

Baker was a trip.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2011, 08:57:39 AM »
Robert Linder
"I'd like to have lunch with each and every one of you over the course of the semester."

Pretty sure nobody in my History of Baseball class ever went to lunch with him.

Any body here have Forest Miller for Calc 3? Had to talk to him in his office once, smelled like booze and was as weird as you'd think.

also, who writes on a chalk board and follows it with an eraser while writing?

Loved this guy.  His tests were the exact same as years past except a few different numbers.  Easy A.

I think he stopped teaching in the last couple years, but I always see him in the Union coffee shop. It was intimidating as hell taking notes in that class since it was my first semester until I realized that the class was super easy.
:adios:

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2011, 09:02:17 AM »
Sanders is great. Krysko is also really good, seems like a nice enough guy too.

Offline jdagg2003

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2011, 09:03:34 AM »
Safe to assume there are no Hotel and Restaurant Management Major's on here?

I'm pretty sure all of the Professors I have had are insane.    

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2011, 09:37:49 AM »

ChiCat?!?!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2011, 10:09:10 AM »
Mick Charney is a straight up G.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2011, 10:15:14 AM »
Tom Roberts taught the worst class I've ever taken, but he's not really a professor, so I don't know if that counts.

That professional development crap? (for engineers)

PPD (DEN325). Worst class on earth.

Yea that class was pointless for someone born with common sense.  Great for the nerds who thought khaki pants, white socks, and brown shoes were acceptable to wear in a job interview.

I have never worn a suit to an interview and gotten a number of offers.  Its an interview not a fashion show.  That is what I tell any candidate I interview at my current job, nobody cares if you own a suit.

Offline bringonthecats

• Fan
  • #teamwillspradling #teamnosleeves
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »

Charles Sanders

dr. charles "all that is man" sanders had me pretend to amputate a leg in his class once...it was wonderful.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2011, 10:46:40 AM »
Tom Roberts taught the worst class I've ever taken, but he's not really a professor, so I don't know if that counts.

Yea that class was pointless for someone born with common sense.  Great for the nerds who thought khaki pants, white socks, and brown shoes were acceptable to wear in a job interview.

I have never worn a suit to an interview and gotten a number of offers.  Its an interview not a fashion show.  That is what I tell any candidate I interview at my current job, nobody cares if you own a suit.

They may not care, but for many larger companies this is not true.  Interview for a position at a large company wearing khaki's and a polo, and lets see if they pick you over the guy with the exact same credentials who wore a suit and tie.  

Also, congrats that your company looks past all that.  It's not the common.  If this were a perfect world, people could walk into an interview showing all their tats and piercings without the interviewer using it as judging criteria.  
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2011, 10:53:36 AM »

They may not care, but for many larger companies this is not true.  Interview for a position at a large company wearing khaki's and a polo, and lets see if they pick you over the guy with the exact same credentials who wore a suit and tie. 

Also, congrats that your company looks past all that.  It's not the common.  If this were a perfect world, people could walk into an interview showing all their tats and piercings without the interviewer using it as judging criteria. 

You will never get a job that you aren't qualified for by looking great, but could easily lose the opportunity for one you are qualified for by being under dressed.  Every man should own a suit irregardless of the need for one in an interview. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2011, 11:00:39 AM »

They may not care, but for many larger companies this is not true.  Interview for a position at a large company wearing khaki's and a polo, and lets see if they pick you over the guy with the exact same credentials who wore a suit and tie. 

Also, congrats that your company looks past all that.  It's not the common.  If this were a perfect world, people could walk into an interview showing all their tats and piercings without the interviewer using it as judging criteria. 

You will never get a job that you aren't qualified for by looking great, but could easily lose the opportunity for one you are qualified for by being under dressed.  Every man should own a suit irregardless of the need for one in an interview. 

I love wearing suits. Every day at my office is like casual Friday, so I think it would be awesome if we had formal Fridays instead.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »

I love wearing suits. Every day at my office is like casual Friday, so I think it would be awesome if we had formal Fridays instead.

I feel the same way.  Love suiting up.  I also look damn good in a suit.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2011, 11:40:46 AM »
Yeah, people who look good in suits usually love wearing them.  I can see why people who don't look good in suits don't like to wear them.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2011, 11:49:59 AM »

Charles Sanders

dr. charles "all that is man" sanders had me pretend to amputate a leg in his class once...it was wonderful.

Must have been HIST 251.

Also must have been sitting in the front row.  :nerd:

Offline LynchMob

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2011, 12:04:28 PM »
Least Fav: Sabine Turnley
lol, someone can't pass tests.
also David Lehmans class was probably the easiest of all time.

This. I know several people who have complained about Sabine but I didn't mind her class because I'm not a dumbass when it comes to taking tests. Pretty sure I got a 100% in her class after extra credit. Also, Lehman's class could very well be the easiest class at K-State.

agreed on everything here. (except i won't get above a 100% in Sabine's class, but definitely an A, it's her mangt 595 class btw. i heard she teaches 420 too?)

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »

Not a hotel and restaurant management major, but took a class taught by Dr. B. You haven't lived until you've taken a college class about alcohol, taught by a wino...

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2011, 12:27:16 PM »

geek squad doesn't count.  and before you bring up radio shack, it doesn't either.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.