Author Topic: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?  (Read 507704 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?
« Reply #3951 on: May 30, 2018, 10:12:38 AM »
yeah. pepperjacks in aggieville just closed too. dtmhk is killing aggieville, which is kind of cool but also kind of sad.  :frown:

new Mexican restaurant going into the dtmhk hibachi hut location is having an invite only soft opening this weekend.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: May 30, 2018, 10:35:10 AM »
aggieville is like westport’s meth addicted cousin from se kansas and westport is a normal place’s meth addicted cousin from omaha

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: May 30, 2018, 10:55:02 AM »
yeah. pepperjacks in aggieville just closed too. dtmhk is killing aggieville, which is kind of cool but also kind of sad.  :frown:

new Mexican restaurant going into the dtmhk hibachi hut location is having an invite only soft opening this weekend.

That surgeon lost so much money on Dancing Ganesha/Suzette it is incredible.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: May 30, 2018, 10:59:47 AM »
to be fair though, dtmhk is killing all of mhk. aggieville. west side. you name it. it's quite the juggernaut.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: May 30, 2018, 11:02:32 AM »
to be fair though, dtmhk is killing all of mhk. aggieville. west side. you name it. it's quite the juggernaut.

weird but true, it is so successful it killed Hibachi Hut and 4 olives.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: May 30, 2018, 11:09:10 AM »
why is it weird?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: May 30, 2018, 11:11:58 AM »
why is it weird?

it is pretty weird that restaurants and bars sometimes fail and then get replaced. happens in both aggieville and dtmhk. disease spreading? who is patient zero?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: May 30, 2018, 11:20:51 AM »
it’s not weird

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: May 30, 2018, 01:13:06 PM »

weird but true, it is so successful it killed Hibachi Hut and 4 olives.

4 olives died a different death and I wouldn't say that it even died. meanwhile, hibachi died in aggieville before dt brought it back to life, so it seems like it just is incapable of living. that new dtmhk heart at least lasted a few years though. that had to be nice for the old sob. got to see the grandkids play and open some Christmas presents, etc.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:32:07 PM by Dr Rick Daris »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3960 on: May 30, 2018, 01:37:19 PM »
what if there's only a limited number of capable chefs/kitchen staff in mhk and the city has reached that number.  p scary 2 thnk abt

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: May 31, 2018, 02:13:00 AM »
what if there's only a limited number of capable chefs/kitchen staff in mhk and the city has reached that number.  p scary 2 thnk abt
More likely there are a limited number of customers in MHK (at least a limited number that will seek out local dining rather than the chains all over Tuttle Creek BLVD). Dancing Ganesha was kind of a disaster. There's a sign on their door that says they are closed for Spring Break and will open on 6/3. Was decent Indian food but again, not enough people in Manhattan, KS that want Indian food.

El Patron is owned by the same people that own Gordo's in Aggieville. Who are related to the people that own El Tapatio in Manhattan and Junction City.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: May 31, 2018, 10:10:49 AM »
if anything, they're equally likely because of math

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: May 31, 2018, 10:25:40 AM »
it's time for Ale House to reclaim its turf. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: August 08, 2018, 05:17:34 PM »
I heard there’s a new place called Bluestem Grill in the new KSU office park building on Kimball. Anyone been there? Is it even open yet?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: August 09, 2018, 02:32:39 AM »
It isn't open yet. They will be open by football season. Same people that own Bluestem Bistro. It will have a full bar and food should be good.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: September 06, 2018, 12:20:54 PM »
awful news. Was gonna post his in the old La Hacienda thread from when that place was the official eatery of gE, but couldn't find it. BTW there are some strange quotes in this article.

http://themercury.com/news/city/la-hacienda-golden-wok-won-t-reopen-after-flood/article_fa461387-26b2-5dd6-a744-7a414d5279c8.html

La Hacienda, Golden Wok won't reopen after flood

La Hacienda Taqueria and Golden Wok China Buffet are closing for good because of Monday’s flood, which displaced 300 people.

Manhattan resident Chuck Henderson told the Manhattan City Commission on Tuesday that he spoke with the owners of the restaurants in the Plaza West shopping center.

“I spoke to the Chinese couple,” Henderson said. “They’re retiring. They lost everything. They’re not even going to attempt to reopen another location.”

La Hacienda confirmed Henderson’s statement to the Mercury on Wednesday morning, attributing the closing to the company’s insurance not covering flood losses. Owners of Golden Wok could not be reached for comment.

Shannon Lewis, who owns Debonaire’s Haircuts near those restaurants, said his barbershop had six feet of water. He said he’s looking for a new place to cut hair.

“I encourage y’all to consider the lives of other people,” he said. “Some people won’t recover. I can still go cut hair somewhere else.”

Powercat Sports Grill, Goblin Games, Via Christi Therapy Center and Legends, which are also in the Plaza West shopping center, indicated on their Facebook pages that they would remain closed until they could assess the damage.

Genesis Health Clubs reopened its weight room on Wednesday after more than 60 employees, volunteers and disaster restoration workers cleaned the facility.

“Much of the cardio equipment was damaged or destroyed during the flooding,” a Genesis press release said. “We are bringing in nearly $1 million worth of new equipment on Friday and Saturday to replace what was lost.”

Residents took the opportunity during the public comment period to address what they felt was a lack of previous action by the city.

Samantha Rose said the city should be responsible for appropriate residential areas for people to live without fear of flooding.

“We certainly should not have people owning businesses or living in situations where flooding can occur with devastating damages,” Rose said. “I know several people who lived in Redbud Estates where their homes are completely destroyed.”

Henderson said development within the Wildcat Creek watershed and inadequate drainage has led to these floods. Overflow from Wildcat Creek caused similar floods in 2007, 2010 and 2011.

“What we have is a failure to collaborate with a known problem that was created by people,” he said. “Not God. Not the random weather patterns. To have three floods doing this kind of damage in just eight years time is just a colossal failure of bureaucratic agencies and officials.”

Charly Pottorff, who owns Wildcat Tree Service at 3761 Cumberland Road, said he bought the property in 2009 and got affected by the previous floods in 2010 and 2011. He said Monday’s flood was worse than the previous years, producing five-and-a-half feet of water on the property.

Pottorff said he understands that development in the city represents progress.

“But we need to take a better look and have more respect for the environment,” he said. “I can tell you right now that the environment is going to win in the end. It damn sure will win in the end.”
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: September 06, 2018, 12:25:20 PM »
"I spoke to the Chinese couple"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: September 06, 2018, 12:31:13 PM »
very sad

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: September 06, 2018, 01:00:32 PM »
God damnit
:adios:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: September 06, 2018, 04:06:35 PM »
"I spoke to the Chinese couple"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

yeah that was very lol/cringeworthy. i'm also devastated about la hacienda. going to hit up the trailer thing on tuttle creek blvd this weekend. hope it's a solid replacement.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #3971 on: September 06, 2018, 09:39:23 PM »
What's going on with tallgrass brewery?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: September 06, 2018, 10:31:47 PM »
What's going on with tallgrass brewery?

They are closing

Clarification, the brewery is closing, the TallGrass TapHouse is still open...which is an actual MHK eatery.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: September 06, 2018, 10:50:29 PM »
maybe someone will save the brewery? seeking funding. a big brewer might buy them and kill/absorb instead of risk them not totally dying?