Author Topic: Cell Phone Insiders  (Read 538689 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Cell Phone Insiders
« Reply #3375 on: November 08, 2017, 07:12:08 PM »
i just did the apple leather case but considered not putting one on.  the x is thicker and easier to handle than the 7+ was

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: November 08, 2017, 07:18:39 PM »
raw dog it, don't be a wuss
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #3377 on: November 08, 2017, 09:31:51 PM »
I still don’t have a case for my 8 and probably won’t get one

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: November 29, 2017, 10:45:46 PM »
Iphone 6, home button hasn't worked for 2 years and the charging station has been iffy lately. Anyways, it's stuck on the apple logo. Am I screwed? Head to Verizon tomorrow? Will it eventually power off?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: December 03, 2017, 01:43:09 PM »
ordered the iphone x. will be here tuesday. i'll let you guys know if it sucks, rules, or (most likely outcome) is fine.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: December 03, 2017, 05:15:27 PM »
ordered the iphone x. will be here tuesday. i'll let you guys know if it sucks, rules, or (most likely outcome) is fine.

I am very anxious to get your opinion on it.  I have been living on borrowed time with a 5s.  I was THIS close to just getting an 8, and moving on with my life, because I was nervous about never having the home button anymore and the whole face thing making the phone turn on all the time or whatever.   Anyway, I am still paralyzed with indecision.

The Big Train

« Reply #3381 on: December 03, 2017, 05:16:51 PM »
The 8 is really great, Pete.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: December 04, 2017, 01:06:15 PM »
The iPhone X just made my company's list of employer-provided devices, but requires a $400 employee contribution.

I've had a 6s for two years and like it. Please tell me if it is worth $400 to jump from a 6s to a X, and why. Or whether I should wait for the Xs (whatever it will be called).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: December 04, 2017, 02:31:12 PM »
Seriously thinking of going to Verizon to get a Pixel 2.  Currently on Sprint  :Crybaby: and on an HTC M One. 
I'm half tempted to get an 8 or X just for simplicity and warranty support. I was kinda disappointed to learn HTC makes the Pixel.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

The Big Train

« Reply #3384 on: December 04, 2017, 03:42:34 PM »
The iPhone X just made my company's list of employer-provided devices, but requires a $400 employee contribution.

I've had a 6s for two years and like it. Please tell me if it is worth $400 to jump from a 6s to a X, and why. Or whether I should wait for the Xs (whatever it will be called).

Aren’t you getting some money back that you wouldn’t normally have had?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: December 04, 2017, 03:45:40 PM »
if I were going to do it over again, after having my iphone x for a few weeks, id opt for the 8+ over the x

my experience with the x has been hamstrung though with the buggy as crap ios 11

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: December 05, 2017, 10:49:18 AM »
Seriously thinking of going to Verizon to get a Pixel 2.  Currently on Sprint  :Crybaby: and on an HTC M One. 
I'm half tempted to get an 8 or X just for simplicity and warranty support. I was kinda disappointed to learn HTC makes the Pixel.

I've had a Pixel 2 XL since release.  I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: December 05, 2017, 03:22:28 PM »
I am probably going to need to get a new (Android) phone soon as my S6 uses up the charge pretty quickly. Also, several of my charging cords have annoyingly stopped working because the little prong things get pushed down just a tiny bit and then my phone won't connect with it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: December 05, 2017, 03:26:59 PM »
I bumped up to a 7 and have been pleased. Mrs wacky bumped up to a 7+ and loves it. I'm content.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: December 05, 2017, 04:02:50 PM »
if I were going to do it over again, after having my iphone x for a few weeks, id opt for the 8+ over the x

my experience with the x has been hamstrung though with the buggy as crap ios 11

In what ways?  I haven't really had any trouble.  An App has crashed a few times over the course of the last month, but it seems to work really well overall.
:adios:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3390 on: December 05, 2017, 05:04:12 PM »
The charging port door on my free sony phone doesn't stay closed anymore so I ripped it off and will probably buy a new one of the same phone for nothing on ebay so that I don't have to learn anything new should the current phone get mumped up now.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: December 05, 2017, 05:19:57 PM »
I bumped up to a 7 and have been pleased. Mrs wacky bumped up to a 7+ and loves it.

EXTREME KICKBALL  :surprised:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: December 05, 2017, 08:27:35 PM »

In what ways?  I haven't really had any trouble.  An App has crashed a few times over the course of the last month, but it seems to work really well overall.
lots of app crashes, gets stuck in panoramic mode, apps won’t minimize

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: January 03, 2018, 10:11:29 PM »
i’m surprised to say that I do like the wireless charging feature of the iphone ten
also my car came equipped with wireless charging too

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: January 03, 2018, 10:27:06 PM »
Oh wow, the car would be the best place. I use a wireless charger at work and on my nightstand, it's very convenient
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: January 03, 2018, 10:58:59 PM »
ya the nightstand is great, I said it would be meh but I was wrong
i’m never really in my car long enough to charge the phone

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: January 07, 2018, 07:06:03 PM »
Does gps simply not work well occasionally in certain areas or on certain networks?  I did this -

The charging port door on my free sony phone doesn't stay closed anymore so I ripped it off and will probably buy a new one of the same phone for nothing on ebay so that I don't have to learn anything new should the current phone get mumped up now.

- last week.  First time using it on the new phone, it could get close but never lock down a location.  Made it impossible to use for navigation while driving, and killed the battery constantly trying to find location.

I've tried switching back to the old phone, and that one has the same issue now.  I can't remember when I'd have used gps last and get a "found location."

Already tried every troubleshooting thing I could find from googling. 

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: January 16, 2018, 10:26:51 AM »
Gave up on getting the ebay sony phone to work right.  Switched back to my old sony phone w/the missing door for a day, and went and got a note 8 last night.  Looks like it'll be a bitch to break it down to the way I've had my phones configured for a decade and/or for me to adapt to modern times, but it'll probably be worth it.

Get at me if you could use the ebay phone.  I'm sure someone who cares more could figure out what I was doing wrong, or just use it on wifi for whatever.  Or it can be the new gE loaner phone.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: January 16, 2018, 10:30:31 AM »
Points/money related, I think I may catch a windfall here.  Best Buy is doing a thing where if you get the phone through them, they pay down $250 of the phone and you pay the rest over 24 months to verizon instead of paying all $950 over 24 months to verizon.  So I did that, and I'll be paying like $29/month on my verizon bill for the next 24 months. 

BUT, they say you can prepay that part, and cell phone bills are 5x points on chase freedom this quarter.  So I'm hoping I can prepay that approx. $700 on my next phone bill to have the phone paid for now like I would've been fine with, while saving $250 and it all being in the form of a cell bill so I get 3500 URs.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: February 02, 2018, 11:48:27 AM »
Points/money related, I think I may catch a windfall here.  Best Buy is doing a thing where if you get the phone through them, they pay down $250 of the phone and you pay the rest over 24 months to verizon instead of paying all $950 over 24 months to verizon.  So I did that, and I'll be paying like $29/month on my verizon bill for the next 24 months. 

BUT, they say you can prepay that part, and cell phone bills are 5x points on chase freedom this quarter.  So I'm hoping I can prepay that approx. $700 on my next phone bill to have the phone paid for now like I would've been fine with, while saving $250 and it all being in the form of a cell bill so I get 3500 URs.

Thwarted on being able to pay off the remaining phone balance all at once now and have it be marked as a phone bill payment on my credit card to get all those 5x points, but I think the little $30 payments won't be split out and will be considered a phone bill payment, so I should get 5x on those this quarter and 2x thereafter using my Ink.