Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3980354 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #26325 on: July 05, 2015, 03:25:38 PM »
Petro, lol yea he's the worst with realignment. I specifically remember him trashing Louisville when the conference was looking to take new teams. Something about how they aren't even the most popular team in their own city (uk). Then around a year later I heard him say it was a mistake not to take ul when the conference had the chance.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #26326 on: July 05, 2015, 03:45:21 PM »
I'm not sure which conference realignment personality I dislike more:

Pete's- This is like uncovering a massive conspiracy at the heart of America paranoia

Pan's- "In a world where humans are no long bound by cable tv." also #brands are important and good.

or Petro's- "Let's go to our buddy Jerry with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:  Jerry what about Pitt moving to the Big 12?  What say you?  If not them than who?  FINAL 5 and I'm GOING TO HOLD YOU TO THESE! Haha!  What's that Doug?  Right you are, Doug, Right you are.

We can gnash and wail at the fact that all of this is happening, or we can steer into it and try to make the most out of it.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26327 on: July 05, 2015, 04:16:22 PM »

Pete's- This is like uncovering a massive conspiracy at the heart of America paranoia

Pan's- "In a world where humans are no long bound by cable tv." also #brands are important and good.

or Petro's- "Let's go to our buddy Jerry with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:  Jerry what about Pitt moving to the Big 12?  What say you?  If not them than who?  FINAL 5 and I'm GOING TO HOLD YOU TO THESE! Haha!  What's that Doug?  Right you are, Doug, Right you are.

Omg kat kid

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26328 on: July 05, 2015, 06:53:46 PM »
I kind of like the idea of BYU as a football only member. They have a respectable program and decent fanbase. As football only, we don't have to give up the great double-round robin in basketball and don't have to worry about sending a bunch of non-revenue teams a 1,000 miles west to Utah.

Of course, if we expand the reason will be to get to 12 and have a CCG. What is the point of adding BYU for football only if we don't have a good #12 for the final football only program?

Any chance Cincy would accept a football-only invite?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:38:26 PM by CyberToothCat »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #26329 on: July 05, 2015, 06:59:25 PM »

Omg kat kid

Kat Kid is a pawn.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #26330 on: July 05, 2015, 08:06:38 PM »
 :lol:

Offline MIZMAW

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26331 on: July 05, 2015, 10:58:44 PM »
I kind of like the idea of BYU as a football only member. They have a respectable program and decent fanbase. As football only, we don't have to give up the great double-round robin in basketball and don't have to worry about sending a bunch of non-revenue teams a 1,000 miles west to Utah.

Of course, if we expand the reason will be to get to 12 and have a CCG. What is the point of adding BYU for football only if we don't have a good #12 for the final football only program?

Any chance Cincy would accept a football-only invite?
Probably.  Boise would for certain.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26332 on: July 05, 2015, 11:15:45 PM »
Stop it.  We don't want BYU in or associated with our conference.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #26333 on: July 06, 2015, 01:36:45 AM »
UCF and Pitt/Cincinnati would be my vote.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #26334 on: July 06, 2015, 10:02:35 AM »
I don't remember who posted this a long time ago but not only should we not add any of these losers we should kick iowa state and west virginia out

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26335 on: July 06, 2015, 11:57:53 AM »
I don't remember who posted this a long time ago but not only should we not add any of these losers we should kick iowa state and west virginia out

Add the Nubs back in 2 years, trade WVU to the ACC for whatever they will give (probably a couple coupons to Bojangles or something). Stay at 10*.

*Maybe boot TCU and Baylor if they keep cheating, to get to 8.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #26336 on: July 06, 2015, 06:40:19 PM »

Add the Nubs back in 2 years, trade WVU to the ACC for whatever they will give (probably a couple coupons to Bojangles or something). Stay at 10*.

*Maybe boot TCU and Baylor if they keep cheating, to get to 8.

Trade them for Louisville.

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26337 on: July 07, 2015, 12:38:25 PM »
http://www.scout.com/college/texas/story/1561434-the-next-big-move-in-realignment

Interesting read by Chip Brown on the future of TV rights and realignment based on conversations with Power 5 administrators.

You think the NFL, which has 32 teams, has it good with $27 billion worth of TV deals through 2022?
Watch the dollar figures soar when the Power Five - the SEC, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12 and ACC plus Notre Dame – throw open the bidding for one TV contract.
“If you wanted to draw up a really inefficient system in terms of leveraging TV dollars, you’d draw up what we currently have,” said one official tied to a Power Five conference.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26338 on: July 07, 2015, 12:42:57 PM »
chip brown is as bad as wvudude. just terrible

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26339 on: July 07, 2015, 12:54:38 PM »
chip brown is as bad as wvudude. just terrible

What? Chip Brown is highly respected and quite possibly the best at what he does at his level.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26340 on: July 07, 2015, 01:01:30 PM »
Will never happen.  SEC would try to tell everyone they deserve 90% of the total and the other four can split the remaining 10% however they see fit. 

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26341 on: July 07, 2015, 04:19:55 PM »
Will never happen.  SEC would try to tell everyone they deserve 90% of the total and the other four can split the remaining 10% however they see fit.
yup, Jerry Jones is hella jelly about how cfb does tv money

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26342 on: July 08, 2015, 02:02:30 PM »
husker hammer 2 months ago
 LHC Bill Snyder is a tremedous coach and how K-State kept him for those years without a more prestegious program stealing him shows his loyalty to Kansas State. That was a horrible call at end of game and it looked like NU was on its way to stealing this one but thats football. I miss the K-State games, it was developing into a pretty decient rivalry. NU should schedule a home and away series sometime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evcRkUmPig

Flattery, back alley communications, its obvious they are trying to get a message back to the homeland (while still being Nebraska d-bags).
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26343 on: July 08, 2015, 07:10:50 PM »
One of the new members of the playoff committee, former Vandy coach bobby johnson who went 29-66, spoke about how he'll pick.  The biggest factor - eye test.  However, he also said he's going to put a lot of weight on championship games because they are high pressure games and teams that do well in them deserve to be rewarded.  Also, teams that lose them shouldn't be punished for having a great season that resulted in them playing an extra, really hard game.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26344 on: July 08, 2015, 07:19:44 PM »
One of the new members of the playoff committee, former Vandy coach bobby johnson who went 29-66, spoke about how he'll pick.  The biggest factor - eye test.  However, he also said he's going to put a lot of weight on championship games because they are high pressure games and teams that do well in them deserve to be rewarded.  Also, teams that lose them shouldn't be punished for having a great season that resulted in them playing an extra, really hard game.

gee whiz

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26345 on: July 08, 2015, 07:45:26 PM »
lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #26348 on: July 10, 2015, 10:21:08 PM »
what a thread that is
emaw

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #26349 on: July 11, 2015, 08:48:40 AM »
what a thread that is

I really enjoyed this post:

If the SEC was going to pay for a new football stadium for KU, I'd love for it to happen. The chances of that happening though are the same as Mizzou ever being relevant in anything, 0%.

Mizzou has won two SEC East Division titles, right?