Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1293065 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Fulham just beat Chelsea to signing Seri!!   :Woot:

Seri's agent has been making up rumors about him being linked to big clubs since January.

Nope

at no point did chelsea put in a real bid for the guy. not a top of the table contending type player.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Seri's agent has been making up rumors about him being linked to big clubs since January.

Nope

at no point did chelsea put in a real bid for the guy. not a top of the table contending type player.

whatever you gotta tell yourself.   :lol:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Nope

whatever you gotta tell yourself.   :lol:

scott's right buddy

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
I'm excited to see Ronaldo at Juventus!  Hoping the rest of Serie A can get its crap together...
Dax fan club member!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1020549936113278976

This one was even weirder to me. What a memorable free kick to give away  :confused:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Yeah but he ran fast!!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lifelong chelsea fan mocat here and I can tell you liverpool supporters are a bunch of dorky inbreds and it really shows

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I respectfully disagree, mocat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Spaces, you gotta be done with The Jose Experience, no? He's such a whiny bitch. I just hope I don't have to wait until May for him to be finally gone.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
1. Fulham
2.  City
3.  Liverpool
4.  Tottenham
5.  United
6.  Arsenal
7.  Everton
8.  West Ham
9.  Leicester
10.  Watford
11.  Newcastle
12.  Southhampton
13.  Wolves
14.  Palace
15.  Burnley
16.   Bournemouth
17.  Brighton
18.  Huddersfield
19.  Cardiff
20.  Chelsea
Other than being a bit generous to Everton, looks pretty spot on.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Imagine hating city https://twitter.com/mancity/status/1021349208111034369?s=21

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Spaces, you gotta be done with The Jose Experience, no? He's such a whiny bitch. I just hope I don't have to wait until May for him to be finally gone.
yeah I am for the most part. I think I started having some Mourinho Out feelings back in March or so and I'm dreading the inevitable implosion this season.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Did not watch but I'm guessing they didn't cover the human rights-abusing owner in this little clip

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Did not watch but I'm guessing they didn't cover the human rights-abusing owner in this little clip
Can confirm that wasn’t in the clip.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
yeah I am for the most part. I think I started having some Mourinho Out feelings back in March or so and I'm dreading the inevitable implosion this season.

I legitimately hate that I was right about Jose and this has gone exactly like I thought it would. I'm afraid that I'll never love Man U the same way. I asked you that question about 30 minutes before I read an article about the potential of Martial to Chelsea. I hate all of this.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Get this rough ridin' idiot out of America so I can go back to ignoring all of the stupid crap he says.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-united/story/3572664/jose-mourinho-world-cup-suits-paul-pogba-better-than-manchester-united
Jose Mourinho has suggested Paul Pogba has not "given his best" for Manchester United while insisting the midfielder's performances for France at the World Cup are evidence of what he can do when he is fully focused on football.

Pogba was key to France's success in Russia, scoring in the 4-2 final victory against Croatia.

His form during the tournament was in contrast to his displays for United since his £89.3 million move from Juventus in 2016 which have seen flashes of his talent mixed with stretches of inconsistency.

Mourinho is hopeful Pogba, who is on holiday in Los Angeles, can recreate his World Cup form in the Premier League next season but he insists it is down to the 25-year-old to "concentrate."

"I don't think it's about us getting the best out of him, it's about him giving the best he has to give," the United manager told ESPN FC in an exclusive interview.

"I think the World Cup is the perfect habitat for a player like him to give [their] best.

"Why? Because it's closed for a month, where he can only think about football. Where he's with his team on the training camp, completely isolated from the external world, where they focus just on football, where the dimensions of the game can only motivate.

"During a season, you can have a big match then a smaller match, then one even smaller, then you can lose your focus, you can lose your concentration, then comes a big match again.

"In the World Cup, the direction of the emotion, of the responsibility, of the big decisions is always growing up.

"You are in the group phase, you go to the last 16, to the quarterfinals, to the semifinals, to the finals. This feeds the motivation. This feeds the concentration of a player.

"So I think it was the perfect environment for him."

Pogba has been a regular since his return to Old Trafford two years ago, but he was ousted from the team by Mourinho for a crucial Champions League clash with Sevilla last season.

He returned to the team to score twice as United came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium -- a result that delayed City's title party.

Mourinho suggested Pogba had been more consistent at the World Cup because he felt "extra commitment" to France and hinted he should adopt the same approach when he gets back in a United shirt.

"I think players in the World Cup, they really feel that extra commitment with a country, with the people, that extra responsibility that makes them -- by the emotional point of view -- to be sometimes even overcommitted," Mourinho added.

"So they play for the team, and only for the team, and the team is the most important thing, and they do everything to try to succeed.

"So I think it's the perfect environment for a talented player like him to focus, to fully focus on the job."

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )
« Reply #16292 on: August 09, 2018, 12:07:18 PM »
Wow what a summer!!!   :Woot:  Fulham are the first newly promoted club to spend over $100 million. 

We've got ambition baby!!

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16293 on: August 10, 2018, 09:31:48 AM »
I just accidentally got excited for the season  :excited:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16294 on: August 10, 2018, 10:59:37 AM »
I am so pumped for this season!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16295 on: August 10, 2018, 10:08:46 PM »
I am currently in England and Jose and the Red Devils are a complete laughingstock, it's embarrassing, leave already. His comments after tonight's match :flush:

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16296 on: August 11, 2018, 10:42:18 AM »
never liked the premier league anyways. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16297 on: August 12, 2018, 02:10:59 PM »
What a fun weekend.

Top of the table!

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16298 on: August 15, 2018, 07:56:35 AM »
I am currently in England and Jose and the Red Devils are a complete laughingstock, it's embarrassing, leave already. His comments after tonight's match :flush:
Would you take Zidane next summer?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16299 on: August 15, 2018, 03:11:10 PM »
Would you take Zidane next summer?

I'd push my momma in front of a train if that's what it took. I'd poison my kids to get him in December.