Poll

I'm thinking of wrecking threads everywhere until this shit gets fixed or I get banned, should I?

Si
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)  (Read 445523 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)
« Reply #6400 on: March 30, 2017, 10:56:00 AM »
https://twitter.com/fifamedia/status/847464397865861121

CONCACAF qualifying format will have to change, and I'm highly interested in the new format. Personally I would like to see some way to get it to 12 teams and do a double hex home and home round robin 22 game qualifying tournament, but idk if that would work or not.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: April 06, 2017, 12:09:50 PM »
http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/story/3097703/concacaf-aiming-to-submit-3-nation-bid-rise-above-politics-montagliani

this is trash, if any country in the world could and should host a 48 team WC by itself it is the USA, but with FIFA pushing for multiple host tournaments now, doing a joint bid may be the only way to win it. If we do have the US, Mexico, and Canada get automatic bids, I think CONCACAF would be able to keep the same qualifying tournament set up as it is right now because we would effectively still be playing for the same 3.5 bids we are now.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: April 10, 2017, 01:46:23 PM »
official announcement has been made. CONCACAF is sponsoring a bid of the US/Mexico/Canada federation combo bid. Preliminary bid includes the US hosting from the QF on, 60 games in the US, 10 each in Canada and Mexico.

The only bid that could even come close to competing with this is a UK combo bid, and Europe can't bid for the '26 WC. This is coming to North America.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: April 10, 2017, 04:09:34 PM »
Why the joint bid? NA pride?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: April 10, 2017, 04:10:59 PM »
Is the US just throwing a bone to Mex and Can? I am in favor of the bid and sharing the wealth.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)
« Reply #6405 on: April 10, 2017, 05:34:05 PM »
FIFA has been very vocal about wanting multiple host nations, the CONCACAF president is Canadian, so we had to include them to get full buy in from the federation, and we included Mexico so they wouldn't put together their own bid and split votes, we also got each of them to agree to only host 10 games a piece and we get the QF through the final. All in all if we have to co-host the tournament we got a pretty sweet deal.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: April 10, 2017, 05:38:26 PM »
Qatar got the WC by itself and we can't even do it smdh

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: April 10, 2017, 05:39:41 PM »
Well mocat, there has been an overhaul in FIFA leadership, also, we weren't willing to buy votes the last time around.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: April 10, 2017, 06:46:17 PM »
Doing joint bids makes much more sense with the sharp increase in matches. I think solo bids are over for good. I think we'll have essentially bid regions; north america, south america, eastern asia (korea, Japan, China), southern asia/Australia/New Zealand, North Africa/SW Asia, Scandinavia + Belgium/Holland, and several Western Europe combos.

We got a very nice slice of this getting 60 matches, for perspective there were 64 matches in the last WC and the next two. My biggest concern is that there is only one grass pitch in Canada at this point in time. Mexico is pissed.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: April 10, 2017, 07:07:54 PM »
FIFA has been very vocal about wanting multiple host nations, the CONCACAF president is Canadian, so we had to include them to get full buy in from the federation, and we included Mexico so they wouldn't put together their own bid and split votes, we also got each of them to agree to only host 10 games a piece and we get the QF through the final. All in all if we have to co-host the tournament we got a pretty sweet deal.
I'm a big fan. Continental pride! It will be a lot of fun to have all 3 nations involved. I'll be sure to get to some matches and go all out.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: April 10, 2017, 08:50:29 PM »
Doing joint bids makes much more sense with the sharp increase in matches. I think solo bids are over for good. I think we'll have essentially bid regions; north america, south america, eastern asia (korea, Japan, China), southern asia/Australia/New Zealand, North Africa/SW Asia, Scandinavia + Belgium/Holland, and several Western Europe combos.

We got a very nice slice of this getting 60 matches, for perspective there were 64 matches in the last WC and the next two. My biggest concern is that there is only one grass pitch in Canada at this point in time. Mexico is pissed.
Plenty of time to get grass fields in/develop a plan to get grass for the tournament in Canada. I'll be interested to see bids that come against us, I would bet no real contenders try to, especially since UEFA and the Asian federation can't.(which means an Australian/NZ combo bid which will be a formidable bid has to hold off because Australia is with Asia not Oceana). I'm sure just in UEFA we'll see a U.K. bid, a Spain/Portugal bid, German/Belgium bid in 2030. We'll see a half-hearted bid from some South American countries in 2026 but you'll see the big guns like an Argentina/Paraguay/Chile come out for 2030.

Also Mexico is super pissed but there is literally no partner they could have gotten with to even have a chance against a USA/Canada co-host especially with the head of CONCACAF being the lead rep for the Canadian Federation.

They'll get to host two groups, two Ro32 and two Ro16 games and that is far better than nothing + a free bid.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: April 11, 2017, 03:46:21 AM »

Plenty of time to get grass fields in/develop a plan to get grass for the tournament in Canada. I'll be interested to see bids that come against us, I would bet no real contenders try to, especially since UEFA and the Asian federation can't.(which means an Australian/NZ combo bid which will be a formidable bid has to hold off because Australia is with Asia not Oceana). I'm sure just in UEFA we'll see a U.K. bid, a Spain/Portugal bid, German/Belgium bid in 2030. We'll see a half-hearted bid from some South American countries in 2026 but you'll see the big guns like an Argentina/Paraguay/Chile come out for 2030.

Also Mexico is super pissed but there is literally no partner they could have gotten with to even have a chance against a USA/Canada co-host especially with the head of CONCACAF being the lead rep for the Canadian Federation.

They'll get to host two groups, two Ro32 and two Ro16 games and that is far better than nothing + a free bid.

It looks like there won't even be a competing bid. CONCACAF is trying to convince FIFA to formally award the bid this year.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: April 11, 2017, 06:59:05 AM »

It looks like there won't even be a competing bid. CONCACAF is trying to convince FIFA to formally award the bid this year.

yeah, i just saw the AP say we are sending a letter to FIFA to rule on the bid during the 2018 congress.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: April 11, 2017, 12:19:49 PM »
the iberian-moroccan bid is intriguing, because they can argue if this goes to CONCACAF, and CONMBEBOL gets 2030, then you’re looking at a minimum of a 28 year gap between western Europe hosting the tournament, and that’s not even including the possibility of China/another AFC nation bidding for 2034

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: April 11, 2017, 02:26:35 PM »
the meltdown i would have if Morocco or any African bid gets chosen over this joint US/Mex/Can bid would be all time. Also, i'm not sure why you or anyone else would suggest a South American bid is the favorite in 2030.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: April 11, 2017, 02:47:02 PM »
if you don't know the background behind the 2030 south american bid, i truly feel sorry for you and suggest you hang up your scarves and quit pretending to be a fan of the international game

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: April 11, 2017, 02:47:50 PM »
<insert weird scott's snarky response after he googles what he should already know>

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: April 11, 2017, 03:00:48 PM »
if you don't know the background behind the 2030 south american bid, i truly feel sorry for you and suggest you hang up your scarves and quit pretending to be a fan of the international game

yup because the Copa América Centenario wasn't in America. Also the voting now is no even by the executive commitee but all 300+ nations, if you think that every single nation in FIFA is just going to roll over and hand a World Cup over you're crazy.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 03:05:08 PM by scottwildcat »

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: April 11, 2017, 03:20:17 PM »
rumblings of jamaica 2030

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: April 11, 2017, 07:47:14 PM »

yup because the Copa América Centenario wasn't in America. Also the voting now is no even by the executive commitee but all 300+ nations, if you think that every single nation in FIFA is just going to roll over and hand a World Cup over you're crazy.

the first world cup was held in uruguay, you clod. which is in south america.  the 2030 event is the 100th anniversary of the 1930 event which was held in uruguay. in south america. the south american bid is meant to honor that and is being pushed by CONMBEBOL and already has vocal support from many FIFA officials.

so please just hang up your scarves and quit pretending to love the beautiful game because quite honestly you're making me physically ill with your penchant for lying about your love for football. 
class dismissed smdh

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6420 on: April 11, 2017, 07:49:40 PM »
rumblings of jamaica 2030

anything is possible and thank you for posting in this thread and not making me puke my brains out from reading a post.  i feel great after reading your post, actually.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: April 11, 2017, 10:21:47 PM »

the first world cup was held in uruguay, you clod. which is in south america.  the 2030 event is the 100th anniversary of the 1930 event which was held in uruguay. in south america. the south american bid is meant to honor that and is being pushed by CONMBEBOL and already has vocal support from many FIFA officials.

so please just hang up your scarves and quit pretending to love the beautiful game because quite honestly you're making me physically ill with your penchant for lying about your love for football. 
class dismissed smdh
lol get off your high horse I know when and where the first World Cup was and I made reference to the "100 year anniversary" by pointing out this so very proud confederation celebrated their 100th anniversary of their Copa America by playing it outside of South America. While yes they may get it, they will have real competition and legitimate bids going against it. Competition including the birthplace of the game, which has the backing of the largest federation the AFC.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: April 11, 2017, 10:23:51 PM »

class dismissed smdh
lol get off your high horse I know when and where the first World Cup was and I made reference to the "100 year anniversary" by pointing out this so very proud confederation celebrated their 100th anniversary of their Copa America by playing it outside of South America. While yes they may get it, they will have real competition and legitimate bids going against it. Competition including the birthplace of the game, which has the backing of the largest federation the AFC.
Not to mention if they(England/Scotland bid) can strike a deal to ward off any other UEFA bid they have the largest possible voting block signed and delivered.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: May 08, 2017, 12:55:02 PM »
Kansas City has been shut out of hosting a Hex WCQ which is highly disappointing to me.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: May 08, 2017, 04:58:50 PM »
Stupid decision, is USsoccer still obsessed with putting games in trashy Florida?