Author Topic: The DACA masterpiece  (Read 36765 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The DACA masterpiece
« Reply #200 on: January 18, 2018, 09:15:41 PM »
do you think the president is aware that, as a demographic, Nigerians (Nigeria is an s-hole) are an extremely successful immigrant population?

I pointed that out and pointed out Nigeria's high GDP but KSUW still insisted it was a shithole because he knows a Nigerian, yeah right, who has to get water from a well.

I’m still not sure what you’re trying to prove by arguing that Nigeria has the 139th highest GDP per capita in the world. That’s a pretty shitty average, even shittier when you consider that much of the wealth, highly dependent on oil production, is concentrated in the hands of a few while over half the population subsists on less than a dollar a day. What are you getting at?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2018, 09:55:02 PM »
Well getting back to the shutdown, I think we can all agree it is the Democrat's fault that the Republicans can't muster a majority of their own caucus to pass a Continuing Resolution.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:01:37 PM by Kat Kid »

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2018, 10:14:41 PM »
Again, if you are admitting that you and the President are prejudiced against people from various other predominantly black countries, I do not really care about the debate over whether either of you are racist.

So again, you just keep injecting skin color into the issue. You just did it again above! You and other liberals are the ones making race an issue. Which in all seriousness is kinda racist. This isn’t about race. It’s about the sort of things discussed in the article I posted above.

But I guess it’s sorta making progress that you’re willing to admit I’m not being racist. I guess you just think I’m a xenophobe. That’s ok. I think I’ve made my point and you’re free to disagree but it would be nice to not automatically stoop to name calling.

The pivoting here is out of control. If an employer of a large company went around saying "we're just really not looking to hire anyone whose parents are Africans," are you seriously trying to say the EEOC would be "injecting" race into the issue if they got involved?

And since you seem to be the only person on this board who even remotely understands Trump's thinking, I seriously need an explanation why prejudice based on national origin is better than prejudice based on race.  Or is it you were never concerned about being a bigot, just that the media is reporting incorrectly the type of bigot you are?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2018, 08:56:52 AM »
Japanese people can tell whether a white person is American or Australian just by looking at them

Can they tell the difference between an Aussie and a Kiwi?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2018, 09:21:12 AM »
Why do Republicans hate daca so much?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2018, 10:02:55 AM »
Again, if you are admitting that you and the President are prejudiced against people from various other predominantly black countries, I do not really care about the debate over whether either of you are racist.

So again, you just keep injecting skin color into the issue. You just did it again above! You and other liberals are the ones making race an issue. Which in all seriousness is kinda racist. This isn’t about race. It’s about the sort of things discussed in the article I posted above.

But I guess it’s sorta making progress that you’re willing to admit I’m not being racist. I guess you just think I’m a xenophobe. That’s ok. I think I’ve made my point and you’re free to disagree but it would be nice to not automatically stoop to name calling.

The article you posted above is a bunch of bullshit railing against an argument nobody has made

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 19, 2018, 10:15:39 AM »
Well getting back to the shutdown, I think we can all agree it is the Democrat's fault that the Republicans can't muster a majority of their own caucus to pass a Continuing Resolution.

KK, this has been explained. The CR has to pass the House and Senate. It already passed the House yesterday. It needs 60 votes in the Senate. The Dems are refusing to continue funding the government unless they get DACA amnesty. Ultimately I think they will cave because it would be politically disastrous - even with a friendly media running interference - to shut down the government over illegal immigration.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2018, 11:12:44 AM »

KK, this has been explained. The CR has to pass the House and Senate. It already passed the House yesterday. It needs 60 votes in the Senate. The Dems are refusing to continue funding the government unless they get DACA amnesty. Ultimately I think they will cave because it would be politically disastrous - even with a friendly media running interference - to shut down the government over illegal immigration.

The constituency wants protection for dreamers. Gerrymandering has allowed house republicans to work in an echo chamber and not act in the best interest of the American people, senators don't have this luxury. Any Democrat that allows March 6th to arrive without clean DACA legislation to pass is mumped, will of the people.

Let's also not forget we had a deal but the cheeto colored bipolar shitholer mumped it up.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 19, 2018, 11:25:26 AM »
Pubs offered a deal: in exchange for DACA Amnesty, give us funding for the wall and reforms to chain migration and visa lottery. A very reasonable compromise, but Dems said no, proving it is more important to them to keep the borders open than to help DACA recipients.

Now Plan B for the Dems is to shut the government down if a spending bill doesn’t include the DACA Amnesty.

This one is entirely on the Dems, both in refusing the initial compromise and now in holding government funding hostage. Which strikes me as both terrible policy and politics, but the Dem base is soooper crazy. You don’t have to take my word for it that Dems are responsible for this. Here is NBC....

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/01/18/nbcs_kasie_hunt_dems_poised_to_kill_cr_in_senate_progressives_say_we_dont_care_we_want_to_shut_this_down.html

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2018, 11:34:24 AM »
If I told you I wouldn't cut off your right hand if you let me cut of your left hand, would you agree to this compromise?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 19, 2018, 11:36:57 AM »
If I told you I wouldn't cut off your right hand if you let me cut of your left hand, would you agree to this compromise?

You're comparing an offer to trade amnesty to a million illegal immigrants for stronger border security and reforms to immigration law to.... lopping off limbs? Can you take a step back and consider how completely unhinged that sounds?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 19, 2018, 11:43:12 AM »
Um, that'st the deal the Democrats agreed to and Trump blew up in his "shithole" meeting.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 19, 2018, 11:51:44 AM »
Um, that'st the deal the Democrats agreed to and Trump blew up in his "shithole" meeting.

No it isn’t. Look it up. And it was Durbin, once he realized he wasn’t going to get the deal the Dems wanted, who chose to blow up the negotiations by leaking an alleged comment from a private meeting.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 19, 2018, 11:52:34 AM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 19, 2018, 11:56:26 AM »
No way this deal doesn't get hammered out with pizza with little pizzas as toppings involved.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 19, 2018, 12:02:06 PM »

No it isn’t. Look it up. And it was Durbin, once he realized he wasn’t going to get the deal the Dems wanted, who chose to blow up the negotiations by leaking an alleged comment from a private meeting.

They are public officials, no meetings should have the guarantee of privacy unless classified information is being discussed. And the story that CNN has said is that the story was out there and Durbin confirmed it.  Why would he bother to "leak" it only to publicly confirm it?

I guess don't know where to "look it up" where there won't be a spin from one side or the other. But Lindsey Graham said they had a deal that involved all the things you mentioned and Trump changed his mind.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 19, 2018, 12:04:31 PM »
48% of voters blame Pubs/trump for a shut down.  28% blame dems.

something like 8-9 out of ten people support DACA without strings attached.

split the difference.

70% of Americans would call KSW an effing racist.

The Big Train

« Reply #217 on: January 19, 2018, 12:35:13 PM »
70% sounds like bipartisan agreement IMO

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 19, 2018, 12:52:21 PM »
So Trump pressuring congress to address DACA, Illegals, etc. is bad because....

I don't mind that Trump said this is something congress needs to work out.

However, I think most people would blame Trump because he said he'd sign any bipartisan agreement and then said he didn't like the agreement they made because he didn't get enough funding to let him build a wall long enough to make him feel better about the size of his manhood.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 19, 2018, 01:35:12 PM »
Why do Republicans hate daca so much?

My understanding it is because daca was meant to be temporary and wasn't voted on by congress. They'd rather have something more concrete on the books and set as law.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2018, 01:37:09 PM »
Then do it?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2018, 01:50:22 PM »
Then do it?

They need to wait until they have control of both houses and the White House.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2018, 08:11:10 PM »

You're comparing an offer to trade amnesty to a million illegal immigrants for stronger border security and reforms to immigration law to.... lopping off limbs? Can you take a step back and consider how completely unhinged that sounds?

Senator Hirono just made the exact same analogy, so.....I guess she reads gE.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 19, 2018, 09:08:32 PM »
2 things.....

1.  what do democrats have against c.h.i.p. ?   ( that’s for you lib )

2.  Democrats are incredibly dumb, they should do whatever DACA deal they get offered.  Our immigration problem is at least 50% caused by this country not enforcing laws that are already on the books, the democrats should be fine with whatever law Trump comes up with because they won’t enforce Trumps laws either.  Now if The new law said these amnesty folks and their lineage could never vote then the D’s would have to take their stand.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2018, 09:21:39 PM »
2 things.....

1.  what do democrats have against c.h.i.p. ?   ( that’s for you lib )

2.  Democrats are incredibly dumb, they should do whatever DACA deal they get offered.  Our immigration problem is at least 50% caused by this country not enforcing laws that are already on the books, the democrats should be fine with whatever law Trump comes up with because they won’t enforce Trumps laws either.  Now if The new law said these amnesty folks and their lineage could never vote then the D’s would have to take their stand.

1. CHIP is a bipartisan initiative. Therefore, giving it to the Dems isn't really giving them much of anything in "a deal."

2. Getting DACA taken care of now would mean Republicans can't dangle it in front of them for any other talks in the future.