Author Topic: Almost forgot  (Read 9243 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Almost forgot
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 12:21:26 AM »
It was awesome and lollerz @ anyone who changes the channel when overtime starts
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2018, 12:23:02 AM »
I saw the highlight

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2018, 12:26:13 AM »
It's definitely not better and LOL @ you for not being there in the flesh at that 4OT thriller against Texas A&M because it was rough ridin' insane   

:ksu: :ksu: :ksu:

The second most intense K-State football game I've ever attended.

I couldn't enjoy it because I was convinced the entire time we'd lose; when it was over I was relieved, not happy.

I felt the exact opposite. Mostly because we were down and had to come back in the game just to force OT. I'm not saying I felt like we won, especially after A&M converted that 4th down in the in the 3rd OT, but because CK had taken the first play from scrimmage that OT in for a TD I felt like once we forced the 4th OT, we had it won. We absolutely drained their defense.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2018, 12:34:19 AM »
It was awesome and lollerz @ anyone who changes the channel when overtime starts

Lol true fact. CFB OT >>> NFL OT. At least NFL changed it to where if the first team only scores a FG, the other team still has a shot. It was laughable that beforehand essentially whoever won a stupid coin toss essentially won the game. I always like that CFB allows each team equal chance. I also disagree that most of OT is trying to position the ball for a FG, that only happens if the first team didn't score like at all and the second team has carte blanche to do that. Every team the first possession of the OT is trying to get a TD. It's exciting to see if they can, and if they do, it's exciting to see if the other team can match it. Getting into the 3OT or more is even better w/ the forced 2PT conversion.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2018, 01:19:50 AM »
College football overtimes are very boring.

Disagree
At least half the possessions are centering the ball for a field goal

I don't ever know if I have ever seen a team do this, disregarding OU going way too conservative last week. College kickers or defenses aren't reliable enough to do this as an effective strategy.
Yet they still do it.

I'm exaggerating, of course, but the play calling is often super conservative

Odd to bring that up here when three of the five OT plays with a QB were pass plays.
Oh I didn't watch because I figured it would be boring. Flipped over to the Dubs game in time to see Steph drain a 35 footer. :love:

Didn't they have a double digit lead for most of the fourth quarter?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2018, 01:21:45 AM »

Lol true fact. CFB OT >>> NFL OT. At least NFL changed it to where if the first team only scores a FG, the other team still has a shot. It was laughable that beforehand essentially whoever won a stupid coin toss essentially won the game. I always like that CFB allows each team equal chance. I also disagree that most of OT is trying to position the ball for a FG, that only happens if the first team didn't score like at all and the second team has carte blanche to do that. Every team the first possession of the OT is trying to get a TD. It's exciting to see if they can, and if they do, it's exciting to see if the other team can match it. Getting into the 3OT or more is even better w/ the forced 2PT conversion.

It’s an incredible setup.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2018, 01:29:57 AM »
College football overtimes are very boring.

Disagree
At least half the possessions are centering the ball for a field goal

I don't ever know if I have ever seen a team do this, disregarding OU going way too conservative last week. College kickers or defenses aren't reliable enough to do this as an effective strategy.
Yet they still do it.

I'm exaggerating, of course, but the play calling is often super conservative

Odd to bring that up here when three of the five OT plays with a QB were pass plays.
Oh I didn't watch because I figured it would be boring. Flipped over to the Dubs game in time to see Steph drain a 35 footer. :love:

Didn't they have a double digit lead for most of the fourth quarter?
Yeah I think the three in question made it 12 or 14 in the third. Went from five to fourteen on three straight threes

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2018, 05:56:04 AM »
pretty good

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2018, 06:24:58 AM »
LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2018, 07:11:54 AM »
What if we threw out the standard football regulation and replace it with a best 4 out of 7 overtime periods? Would that make football more exciting?

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2018, 07:47:09 AM »
didn't watch a single play or highlight...don't feel like I missed anything either.
Dax fan club member!

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2018, 07:55:53 AM »
didn't watch a single play or highlight...don't feel like I missed anything either.

Cool, I wanted to ask but glad you shared.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2018, 08:17:08 AM »

Cool, I wanted to ask but glad you shared.

:lol:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2018, 08:17:28 AM »
What if we threw out the standard football regulation and replace it with a best 4 out of 7 overtime periods? Would that make football more exciting?
Good question! Also eliminate field goal extra points from the start

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2018, 08:26:24 AM »
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2018, 08:27:01 AM »
Should cut the regulation time and just start the game with OT rules
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2018, 08:27:31 AM »
Tua had some stones last night. I kinda find his throwing motion insane. Like he uses his whole body really quickly. He must be crazy skinny. Hard to tell sometimes with the pads.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2018, 08:37:02 AM »

That 7 OT Ole Miss-Ark game with Eli Manning was amaze for these reasons.

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2018, 11:13:13 AM »
I know I'm a hater MIR!  Lol
  :ksu:
Dax fan club member!

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2018, 11:28:18 AM »
I wish I could watch every game with the coaches film room version.

I like the concept but I find it hard to watch.  Just too much guys talking over each other, and David Cutcliffe seemed to dominate the conversation.  I realize that is what you are going to get when you throw six head coaches in a room. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2018, 11:37:44 AM »
I like when they start bitching about their own players not listening to them
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2018, 06:15:26 PM »
Georgia very much got hosed in that game, if anyone on this blog cares.

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2018, 07:46:33 PM »
That tonight is the Championship between two SEC teams.  I'll probably knock off some of those honey-do's and play with the kids.
You missed a hell of a game.  Sounds like you were the only one.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/1/9/16869172/playoff-tv-ratings-alabama-georgia-national-championship

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2018, 08:28:26 PM »
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/1/8/16849228/national-championships-list-count-ranking-most

Somebody needs to inform them that KSU has a claim to the 1910 national title.  Harvard only went 8-0-1 while KSU went 10-1 and outscored our opponents 336-28.  Also beat the pig-aggies that year five to zip. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 08:40:19 PM by kst8cat »