« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2018, 04:10:20 PM »
yes, and it's all because winston completely aziz'd that tcu guy

omg  :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Dimel
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2018, 05:14:35 PM »
If you are judging a FB by the 5% of downs where he carried the ball or was a receiving target and not the 95% of snaps where he was blocking then you don't really know what a full back does so who cares.

Winston was an excellent blocker and played his role in the offense very well.

This is also exactly why I did not have a problem with giving it to Dimel at the goal line.  He proved he can get short yardage and hold onto the ball.  Why not reward the guy who has been crushing LBs all day so our RBs can get free?  OU fans didn't complain when Blake Bell got the ball in goal line situations even after he did basically nothing to get them there.

This is exactly why I did have a problem with going to Dimel at the goal line. Each of the three years he was here there were multiple running backs better at running the ball, but no one better at blocking for running backs and quarterbacks. Using Dimel down there was usually the lower percentage play, even though it was mostly successful.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2018, 05:29:55 PM »
“hey winston, wanna come to k-state and be one of the few feature fullbacks in p5?  did I mention that you’ll get more goal line carries than your rb teammates?  did I mention that we’ll even evolve our offense around you?”

“here’s the thing tho- some people may be critical about your dad and his play calls”

“winston, see if you can handle it.  just give it a shot”

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2018, 08:14:21 PM »
I kinda agree with mocat, Winston did catch a lot of crap, but it wasn't really about Winston but his daddy. No one ever calls Winston out for poor play, it's always something his dad did. I was frustrated with the Dimel combo because Dana was definitely Boobie Milesing our running backs by allowing #FamilyFullback to poach touchdowns even more blatantly than Jonathan Beasley did.

But yeah, the majority of Winston hate came from the ridiculous nepotizz. I seem to remember a couple of fumbles at the goalline, but overall a vurry solid player. Still hate him because I loved Baby Gronk so much and the ridiculously fun times it brought us. Also MIR's Boobie Miles reference was A+. That's what I thought of seriously every single time we had guys getting the ball all the way down the field only to watch the OC call his son's number from the 1 yard-line.

Pretty sure both of you are getting your TX HS football movies mixed up. It was Varsity Blues where Wendell would run the ball down the field and then Lance would steal all the glory.

Also these scenes  :love:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbIEepu8Z4w[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeMyOmil6-E[/youtube]

Offline cat.branchman

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2018, 08:40:14 PM »
Did Dana run off Sams?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2018, 09:39:13 PM »
I kinda agree with mocat, Winston did catch a lot of crap, but it wasn't really about Winston but his daddy. No one ever calls Winston out for poor play, it's always something his dad did. I was frustrated with the Dimel combo because Dana was definitely Boobie Milesing our running backs by allowing #FamilyFullback to poach touchdowns even more blatantly than Jonathan Beasley did.

But yeah, the majority of Winston hate came from the ridiculous nepotizz. I seem to remember a couple of fumbles at the goalline, but overall a vurry solid player. Still hate him because I loved Baby Gronk so much and the ridiculously fun times it brought us. Also MIR's Boobie Miles reference was A+. That's what I thought of seriously every single time we had guys getting the ball all the way down the field only to watch the OC call his son's number from the 1 yard-line.

Pretty sure both of you are getting your TX HS football movies mixed up. It was Varsity Blues where Wendell would run the ball down the field and then Lance would steal all the glory.

Also these scenes  :love:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbIEepu8Z4w[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeMyOmil6-E[/youtube]

Yeah, you're right. This ISU TCU game is crap, I'm gonna watch that right now.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2018, 12:56:03 PM »
james van der beek's forehead looks even larger that usual in that clip.