Author Topic: Delton thoughts  (Read 9134 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Delton thoughts
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2017, 07:38:10 PM »
Delton: 12-14 144 1td against #9 (and another 140 rushing)

goEfucktard: this guy cant throw or read a defense

AMAZE  :love:
I can't believe FSD and I feel the same way.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2017, 07:46:33 PM »
Delts is a sophomore, the only thing keeping him from being ell in the future is our defense sucks
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2017, 07:50:31 PM »
It's like we put almost no effort in developing our backup QBs or something.

Again, the backup QB who got the most meaningful playing time last year was Sr. Joe Hubener.
That's got to be an issue with our OC and QB's coaches.  One should be fired for that bullshit. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2017, 07:52:55 PM »
It's like we put almost no effort in developing our backup QBs or something.

Again, the backup QB who got the most meaningful playing time last year was Sr. Joe Hubener.
That's got to be an issue with our OC and QB's coaches.  One should be fired for that bullshit.
Agreed

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2017, 08:01:16 PM »
It really seems like our smarter posters see what Delton is at this point in time.  I think if you look at what our better QB's were capable of in their first few games, they weren't any better than Delton.

My only issue with using Delton in the Battering Ram Offence is his size.  Just like Sams, he's way to small and will be hurt sooner or latter.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2017, 08:56:12 PM »
I don't get the talking points that Delton can't throw? I don't think we watched the same game
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2017, 08:56:56 PM »
I don't get the talking points that Delton can't throw? I don't think we watched the same game

Catching radius

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2017, 09:19:37 PM »
Re: Sams

Every player on the team hated him bc he skipped workouts and was selfish and stupid.

The coaches played him more than he should have been played.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2017, 10:11:38 PM »
Delts is a sophomore, the only thing keeping him from being ell in the future is our defense sucks

Defense cost him the OU game. They didn’t cost him the TCU game.

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2017, 04:51:11 AM »

Defense cost him the OU game. They didn’t cost him the TCU game.

TCU’s defense and our play calling cost him the TCU game.  He has considerable arm strength.  Against TCU he put it on a rope 60 yards in the air on his two throws to Pringle.  In the OU game, the two late throws were into the wind so they hung in the air far longer than they should have.  But the TD throw was as accurate a pass as you will see in college football this year.  As a red shirt Sophmore, if we were to compare him to Roberson, he is far and away ahead of where he was throwing the ball by this time in his college career.  Ell has his fair share of accuracy issues early on in his college years, especially his sophomore year, where he completed 39% of his passes and had 4 TDS and 8 Ints. 

He trippin' so much, fans gonna begin to think he done fell off!

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2017, 09:16:21 AM »
Delton looked electric.  The entire first half plays were being called that put him in position to succeed.  Not quite sure what happened in the 3rd quarter.   :bang:

Delton's running ability different than Ertz.  He can dart through holes like a tiny running back, and get around the edge pretty fast.  His running ability will open up the pass.  As long as Dimel calls the proper plays, Delton should be able to play-action-pass his ass off to 1-on-1 receivers every game. 

Also, Delton has a very quick release which is a welcome change from Klein, Bazooka, and Ertz's 5-second windup.  Hopefully this lessens the sacks and holding calls.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2017, 09:18:19 AM »
That was the most fun I had watching a game this whole season, so there's that!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2017, 09:27:06 AM »
would like to see some speed option with Delton

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2017, 10:34:26 AM »

Delton looked electric.  The entire first half plays were being called that put him in position to succeed.  Not quite sure what happened in the 3rd quarter.   :bang:

What happened in the third is he threw an interception before halftime so the coaches crap their pants and hardly tried to attempt a pass with the wind.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2017, 11:21:22 AM »

What happened in the third is he threw an interception before halftime so the coaches crap their pants and hardly tried to attempt a pass with the wind.

Sure, and there was no play-action misdirection on the play to give Delton a chance.  The drop-back pass made no sense whatsoever.  Dimel is calling plays like he has Waters and Lockett on the field.     

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2017, 11:23:04 AM »

Sure, and there was no play-action misdirection on the play to give Delton a chance.  The drop-back pass made no sense whatsoever.  Dimel is calling plays like he has Waters and Lockett on the field.     

It made more sense than you give it credit for, especially given the coverage we had. The protection was more of an issue than the call which led to a poor throw.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2017, 11:44:37 AM »

It made more sense than you give it credit for, especially given the coverage we had. The protection was more of an issue than the call which led to a poor throw.

Did Delton audible to that play?  It was 1st and 10 when he threw the INT, right after we ran the ball 3 consecutive times for a first down.  I'm no expert, but why go away from what was working?  They would have never done that to Klein....or maybe Klein wouldn't have thrown to that route?  The drive before included all running plays except two short passing plays to Zuber that resulted in a TD.  Huge momentum killer and possibly the difference in W or L.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:47:58 AM by WildcatNkilt »

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2017, 11:46:39 AM »
was really piss poor execution on that play..

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2017, 11:52:13 AM »
Did Delton audible to that play?  It was 1st and 10 when he threw the INT, right after we ran the ball 3 consecutive times for a first down.  I'm no expert, but why go away from what was working?  They would have never done that to Klein....or maybe Klein wouldn't have thrown to that route?  The drive before included all running plays except two short passing plays to Zuber that resulted in a TD.  Huge momentum killer and possibly the difference in W or L.

I think it was called and I think it was the right call. We passed on 1st down because OU didn't expect it and had 7 guys in the box with only 1 safety to help. The safety went to the 2 receiver side so we got 1 on 1 coverage with no help on the backside, plus we had max protection (7 guys to take on OU's initial 5, then a 6th late blitzer). Dimel has run plays like that on first down plenty of times before, including with Klein.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2017, 12:58:03 PM »
Everyone in here complaining about Delton looks stupid as eff and should be forced to watch the Jerty Ertz highlight reel as punishment.  Delton is rough ridin' awesome. Jerry scored 7 against Vandy.

Also, Ell Roberson was listed at 6'0" 205, Delton 6'0" 201. Not sure where this idea comes from that he can't replicate Roberson from a staying healthy and physicality standpoint.

I'll say it, most of you clearly can't handle KState having a black qb.  :nono:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2017, 01:06:18 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2017, 01:08:49 PM »
:lol:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2017, 01:19:41 PM »
 :facepalm:

Welcome to Waters vs Sams 2.0

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2017, 01:23:36 PM »
JFC