Author Topic: Bumping airline common passengers so big shots can fly.  (Read 17631 times)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
Re: Bumping airline passengers by thumping so company guys can fly.
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2017, 05:49:49 PM »
I start in a small airport. So I'm usually good. Gateway check and go on the full flights. CLT connection would have had room for my roller if we'd been on time.  I keep the AA card just for the priority boarding.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2017, 09:51:59 AM »
Apparently more than one person can board a United plane with the same boarding pass. Seems like the whole point of them checking your boarding pass would be to prevent this.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »
Apparently more than one person can board a United plane with the same boarding pass. Seems like the whole point of them checking your boarding pass would be to prevent this.

That doesn't sound right

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2017, 12:58:51 PM »

That doesn't sound right

I agree but this guy and his dad both boarded the plane with the dad's boarding pass. The guy accidentally had it up on his phone instead of his own, and then the dad had a printed version. So then they thought the son wasn't on the plane so they had to come back and ask if he was there.

Unfortunately, they didn't drag him off the plane for using the wrong boarding pass.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 21, 2017, 01:01:19 PM »
United is such a broke ass pile of trash airline, I'm surprised they even have mobile passes

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2017, 01:24:21 PM »
United is such a broke ass pile of trash airline, I'm surprised they even have mobile passes

lots of 787's on domestic routes tho

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2017, 06:10:13 AM »

lots of 787's on domestic routes tho
And no poop strombolis

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2017, 09:11:30 PM »
Chinese grandma threw quarters into a jet engine and Chicken Express let her fly.   We refuse to give up our seat for jetboy and they beat us.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:27:15 PM by renocat »

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bumping airline common passengers so big shots can fly.
« Reply #183 on: December 26, 2017, 04:33:22 PM »
http://fortune.com/2017/12/26/united-first-class-passenger-bumped/
United bumped a passenger with hihj airline mileage out of her 1st class to give it to her Highendness Congresswoman Lee.  Dang Congressional members can wait for a flight like us deplorables.  United should be penalized; treated this commoner like dog dung.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2017, 04:05:42 PM »
She bought her ticket with miles and then got $500 to be on the same plane in economy. I don’t feel bad for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2017, 04:51:52 PM »
Anyone who insists on flying first class so much they’d bump someone already sitting there is still a monster.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2017, 05:05:19 PM »
She bought her ticket with miles and then got $500 to be on the same plane in economy. I don’t feel bad for her.

she seems pretty awful

https://twitter.com/JeanMarieSimon1

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2017, 08:54:18 PM »
Chinese grandma threw quarters into a jet engine and Chicken Express let her fly.   We refuse to give up our seat for jetboy and they beat us.
can someone translate this into english? 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2017, 09:17:37 PM »
renocat hates the free market and wants to eat the rich

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2017, 10:35:33 AM »

she seems pretty awful

It blows my mind that a human rights activist can be so outraged at sitting in coach.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2017, 10:50:31 AM »

she seems pretty awful

It blows my mind that a human rights activist can be so outraged at sitting in coach.

and it looks like she got all her miles back in addition to the $500 and she is still freaking out over a formal written apology.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 28, 2017, 10:54:57 AM »
Oscar Munoz should tweet at her that she's lucky she gets to vote and own property and call the matter settled.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 28, 2017, 10:57:55 AM »
From The Daily Caller about this queen.
"The latest airplane drama came this week when a United Airlines passenger said she was booted from her first class seat to accommodate the Texas Democrat, who shot back by saying the only reason the woman complained was because Jackson Lee is black.

But previous reports show the House member, who was elected in 1994, has had a history of transportation drama, including berating flight attendants on first class flights and making her Congressional staff drive her one block, while waiting on her for hours and disrupting traffic.

She's been documented calling her employees 'you stupid motherf***er,' while referring to herself as Congressional royalty.   

'You don't understand. I am a queen, and I demand to be treated like a queen,' she was quoted saying in 1998, three years into her nearly 23-year tenure on Capitol Hill. "

I would go into a hissy fit if I learned I got bumped by an airline to accommodate some sanctimonious  Congressional queen.  I am just as important as this ripper.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 28, 2017, 11:27:27 AM »
"The latest airplane drama came this week when a United Airlines passenger said she was booted from her first class seat to accommodate the Texas Democrat, who shot back by saying the only reason the woman complained was because Jackson Lee is black.

But previous reports show the House member, who was elected in 1994, has had a history of transportation drama, including berating flight attendants on first class flights and making her Congressional staff drive her one block, while waiting on her for hours and disrupting traffic.

She's been documented calling her employees 'you stupid motherf***er,' while referring to herself as Congressional royalty.   

'You don't understand. I am a queen, and I demand to be treated like a queen,' she was quoted saying in 1998, three years into her nearly 23-year tenure on Capitol Hill. "

I would go into a hissy fit if I learned I got bumped by an airline to accommodate some sanctimonious  Congressional queen.  I am just as important as this ripper.

To be clear, the other passenger wasn't bumped from the flight.  She was moved to coach and compensated.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 28, 2017, 12:22:35 PM »

To be clear, the other passenger wasn't bumped from the flight.  She was moved to coach and compensated.
Bump Congresswoman Ripper to low class, and compensate her.  She ain't special.  Poor lady who was.bumped had to give up airline miles.  It is a big deal for commenors to get to fly 1st class; this sanctimonious rip killed.this ladies dream.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 28, 2017, 12:27:23 PM »
I'm pretty certain graduating from Harvard law eliminates you from the commoner class
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 28, 2017, 12:37:02 PM »
Pretty sure she didn't end up losing airline miles either.

I get that United probably screwed this up.  I don't know if the congresswoman was responsible in some way or not.  The fact that this passenger wants United's CEO or whoever to publicly apologize for her sitting in coach is absolutely absurd.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 28, 2017, 01:23:17 PM »
i don't see what about the woman's twitter deserves for her to be labeled "awful".  she appears justifiably upset.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 28, 2017, 01:41:19 PM »
i don't see what about the woman's twitter deserves for her to be labeled "awful".  she appears justifiably upset.
leading off your Twitter bio with your prestigious undergrad and Ivy league jd (with class year!) seems awful to me

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 28, 2017, 02:07:57 PM »

she was justifiably upset two weeks ago when it happened but she is currently acting like a child