Author Topic: Selling strong beer in the grocery store and other easy to get to places.  (Read 8374 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
People north of here really really like Hy-Vee I've learned

omaha grocery/liquor store combo rankings:

Multi Location Rankings:
Elite Tier
1) Whole Foods
2) Hyvee
3) Wohlners
Mid Tier
1) Bakers (dillons)
2) Target
3) Trader Joes (loses points for no liquor, just wine and beer and their own brand is extreme garbage)
Garbage Tier
1) Family Fare
2) Walmart Neighborhood Market
3) Fareway
4) No Frills

Watch your mouth about fareway, boy

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In DFW...

Elite Tier
Central Market
Market Street
Mid Tier
Sprouts
Trader Joes
Kroger
Tom Thumb
Garbage Tier
Walmart
Target
Aldis
Brookshires
Albertsons
Fiesta

There is zero chance you've ever seen the inside of a fiesta

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In DFW...

Elite Tier
Central Market
Market Street
Mid Tier
Sprouts
Trader Joes
Kroger
Tom Thumb
Garbage Tier
Walmart
Target
Aldis
Brookshires
Albertsons
Fiesta

That's false.  When I first moved to Dallas I lived 2 blocks from a Fiesta. Went there all the time.  I haven't been to one in about 15 years but I have been many times.

The Big Train

Looking forward to Hy-Vee expanding their "mixers' isle

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
that list is pretty similar to my region of the greater metro KC with the exclusion of why is there no Sprouts?

no sprouts. we have like natural grocers and fresh thyme but they don't sell booze.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Chicago is chock full of elite grocery / booze combos:
1: Whole Foods
2. Mariano's
3. Jewel-Osco

4. Trader Joes
:adios:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
THere is a "Payless" which is basically a price chopper without the bakery, Deli, or grocery sackers.

The produce selection and "Hispanic" section are Amaze.  Most around would consider it garbage tier but not me!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In DFW...

Elite Tier
Central Market
Market Street
Mid Tier
Sprouts
Trader Joes
Kroger
Tom Thumb
Garbage Tier
Walmart
Target
Aldis
Brookshires
Albertsons
Fiesta

That's false.  When I first moved to Dallas I lived 2 blocks from a Fiesta. Went there all the time.  I haven't been to one in about 15 years but I have been many times.

Wow! That wasn't meant to be a shot at you either, I've been in fiesta once. I'm curious to know where you lived where you were two blocks from a

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Texas people really love H-E-B.  I mean I get being in love with QT but I don't get being in love with a grocer.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
that list is pretty similar to my region of the greater metro KC with the exclusion of why is there no Sprouts?

no sprouts. we have like natural grocers and fresh thyme but they don't sell booze.

I'm Costco booze purchaser like 90% of time, the SAHM has so much free time she buys WF booze between like spa appts, Pilates and mani pedis or whatever they do

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wow! That wasn't meant to be a shot at you either, I've been in fiesta once. I'm curious to know where you lived where you were two blocks from a

I lived in a shitty apartment complex in northeast Dallas. Near Skillman and Abrams.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I lived in a shitty apartment complex in northeast Dallas. Near Skillman and Abrams.

That area isn't horrible, I wouldn't have thought there was a fiesta over there. I stayed in the Wyndam on 635 and 75. I got some blue bell at the Kroger on Greenville & Mockingbird.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You boozers won't even make it out of the parking lots.  Passed out and puking in your sacks of groceries.  Buying liquor should be hard and mysterious.  Something about booze shopping at a place where there are bars on the is exciting.  Will this law result in grocery store holdups?  We prostitutes frequent the bread aisles? Can a school be within a 1000 yards of a booze grocery store?' Will they close grocery stores on election day?   The slide to heathenNation is painful.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That area isn't horrible, I wouldn't have thought there was a fiesta over there. I stayed in the Wyndam on 635 and 75. I got some blue bell at the Kroger on Greenville & Mockingbird.

You're never more than 10 minutes away from a pretty sketchy part of town if you live in the city of Dallas. It's part of the charm.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I am surprised ol Sam signed this Bill into law.  It is sad they can ram this through and.not give a rat's ass about funding schools adequately.  Maybe this results in new beer grocery stores in small towns.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I am surprised ol Sam signed this Bill into law.  It is sad they can ram this through and.not give a rat's ass about funding schools adequately.  Maybe this results in new beer grocery stores in small towns.

I bet Sam chugs booze non stop

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I bet Sam chugs booze non stop
Probably explains a lot of the actions coming from him I