Author Topic: Would Frank and Angel have gone to a Final Four together?  (Read 12662 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Would Frank and Angel have gone to a Final Four together?
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2017, 06:38:33 AM »
Pffffft if he can do it at SC he also can do it at Miami and it will be easier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2017, 06:41:01 AM »
The divide between people supporting Frank is large. Some see reality some see a fairy tale.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2017, 11:54:25 AM »
I'm not sold he wouldn't go to Miami. Was going to say I could see him going to Florida but not with it being in the SEC. with UNC and Duke being open in the next 5 years, I could see one of them hiring someone like Mack or Few and Frank getting one of those jobs. What a fun culture that would be to coach in.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2017, 12:00:54 PM »
How old is Frank's oldest son?  I think that was potentially a reason he would want to go to Florida. 

If he's 18 now, or close, there probably isn't a ton drawing him to Miami when he already lives in the Southeast.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2017, 12:22:32 PM »
Why is Dana Altman exempt from rumors of where he's going next while enjoying his first final four but Frank isn't? I suppose it doesn't matter as I doubt very few people outside of some on this board are on year 8 of the Miami countdown.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2017, 12:28:20 PM »
Why is Dana Altman exempt from rumors of where he's going next while enjoying his first final four but Frank isn't? I suppose it doesn't matter as I doubt very few people outside of some on this board are on year 8 of the Miami countdown.
because dana altman is boring and nobody cares

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2017, 01:16:01 PM »

that can be reason 1a.  1b is that oregon is a better job than usc and 1c is that in the face of his making the final four, people want to believe that martin leaving kstate was inevitable rather than assume responsibility for supporting a school than ran him off (and him leaving usc would validate that he left kstate for reasons other than currie).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2017, 01:29:01 PM »
K-Staters mostly don't care about Dana. K-Staters mostly love Frank.

Nobody was passionate about Dana when he left. 1 NCAA first round exit in 4 seasons and a terrible conference record, its unbelievable how many K-State fans have forgotten about that. The silly NIT Final 4 the last year can't mean that much? Did Ski's 63 really cover up the ineptitude of that season? We returned nearly everyone (especially key players like Beane and Cunningham) from the previous NCAA season and tanked outside of a fluke win in Lawrence.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2017, 01:43:08 PM »

that can be reason 1a.  1b is that oregon is a better job than usc and 1c is that in the face of his making the final four, people want to believe that martin leaving kstate was inevitable rather than assume responsibility for supporting a school than ran him off (and him leaving usc would validate that he left kstate for reasons other than currie).

Yeah, it's 1c.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2017, 02:25:21 PM »
Yes, good point steffy. Franks runs into the elite 8 and final four in the last decade at two trash schools involve a lot of luck.

The final four run this year involved a lot of luck, yes.  The run to the Elite 8 with us did not.  Frank is a good coach.

These are three separate concepts that you need to keep separate.

He was so lucky to face the Vegas favorite to win the tournament, and then the 3 and 4 seeds in his region. Wow what a busted bracket.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2017, 03:38:04 PM »
Yes, good point steffy. Franks runs into the elite 8 and final four in the last decade at two trash schools involve a lot of luck.

The final four run this year involved a lot of luck, yes.  The run to the Elite 8 with us did not.  Frank is a good coach.

These are three separate concepts that you need to keep separate.

He was so lucky to face the Vegas favorite to win the tournament, and then the 3 and 4 seeds in his region. Wow what a busted bracket.

Lucky bastard, winning by an average of over 13 pts per game. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2017, 06:51:09 PM »
Nike. Try harder

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2017, 06:54:26 PM »
I'm not sure what that means

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2017, 07:59:22 PM »
Nike. Try harder
Is this a reference to money? Dana Altman is outside of the top 25 coaching salaries, he makes less money than Frank.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2017, 08:18:24 PM »
Yeah, 1c makes quite a bit of sense. Everybody likes to talk about the jobs Frank flirted with while he was at K-State, they conveniently leave out the fact that he wasn't making any rough ridin' money and he used those job openings as pressure to get a raise. Then he rough ridin' bawled like a little girl when he got the commitment he had been looking for. I'm pretty sure all Frank wants is a program to call his own, pay commiserate with his peers, and respect from the people he's working with. I think he's got all of that at SC. He doesn't look like a guy that's about to go anywhere. Also, he was mentioned in regard to a crap ton of open jobs his first couple years at South Carolina, many of which were much better jobs than the one he currently had. It would have been much easier to parlay one of those jobs into a gig at a big time basketball school, but he stayed at SC and gutted it out, because that's the kind of dude he is. Nothing he has done so far suggests he's looking to coach at a basketball school with national prestige.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2017, 08:26:15 PM »
Yeah, 1c makes quite a bit of sense. Everybody likes to talk about the jobs Frank flirted with while he was at K-State, they conveniently leave out the fact that he wasn't making any rough ridin' money and he used those job openings as pressure to get a raise. Then he rough ridin' bawled like a little girl when he got the commitment he had been looking for. I'm pretty sure all Frank wants is a program to call his own, pay commiserate with his peers, and respect from the people he's working with. I think he's got all of that at SC. He doesn't look like a guy that's about to go anywhere. Also, he was mentioned in regard to a crap ton of open jobs his first couple years at South Carolina, many of which were much better jobs than the one he currently had. It would have been much easier to parlay one of those jobs into a gig at a big time basketball school, but he stayed at SC and gutted it out, because that's the kind of dude he is. Nothing he has done so far suggests he's looking to coach at a basketball school with national prestige.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2017, 09:43:09 PM »

Nike. Try harder
Is this a reference to money? Dana Altman is outside of the top 25 coaching salaries, he makes less money than Frank.

If Oregon wants to keep a coach they will. Money will never be an issue. Elite gear? Never gonna be am issue. A conference that is easy to be a perennial power in? Not an issue. There is no better job outside of blue bloods and no blue blood will hire him.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2017, 09:10:35 AM »

Nike. Try harder

If Oregon wants to keep a coach they will. Money will never be an issue. Elite gear? Never gonna be am issue. A conference that is easy to be a perennial power in? Not an issue. There is no better job outside of blue bloods and no blue blood will hire him.

He must be a real dipshit to not be getting paid more at this point if what you say is true.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2017, 09:21:36 AM »
Dana just got a new deal in November. He'll make 2.5 mil next season.

His salary was "only" 1.8 mil this year, but he gets 850K for staying. Next year he gets 200K for staying, then 300K every year after that.

Its an interesting structure with a lot of incentives, but Altman will be making plenty of money with all the bonuses.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2016/11/oregon_dana_altman_agree_on_7-.html

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2017, 11:19:57 AM »
Dana just got a new deal in November. He'll make 2.5 mil next season.

His salary was "only" 1.8 mil this year, but he gets 850K for staying. Next year he gets 200K for staying, then 300K every year after that.

Its an interesting structure with a lot of incentives, but Altman will be making plenty of money with all the bonuses.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2016/11/oregon_dana_altman_agree_on_7-.html

I'm just saying, if money is no option for Oregon, he should be much closer to Bill Self pay than oscar Weber after like eight years at Oregon.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2017, 02:52:14 PM »
Weird. Oregon is paying him well.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2017, 04:26:46 PM »
This is pretty cool:

https://twitter.com/CoachKTaylor/status/847159709194964992

I also was able to use that to recreate that classic logo.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2017, 04:42:27 PM »
that is depressing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2017, 04:48:55 PM »
fuckin roy williams

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2017, 05:03:23 PM »
Crazy af
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite