Author Topic: Genders don't play sports...  (Read 869 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Genders don't play sports...
« on: March 26, 2017, 02:34:49 PM »
Athletes do!

I don't get these commercials at all. I think they are stupid beyond belief. What is the point? The only point I can see is that athletes, men and women, on the national teams should receive equal pay. But this is a college commercial so I don't get it. Are the women saying they want co-ed teams? Who that follows women's sports thinks they aren't badaas athletes? Why do they care what people that don't follow women's sports think?

I absolutely don't understand the point. Anyone care to enlighten me?

(Put this in the pit because I thought it might and up here)

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Genders don't play sports...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 04:19:29 PM »
Because some people think the reason women's sports aren't popular is because there's a stigma attached to them "you play like a girl" etc. Spend 5 minutes watching a WNBA game and you'll see the real reason some women's sports aren't popular.

There are some women's sports that should be more popular, like volleyball and gymnastics, but those don't draw viewers unless there's Gold on the line.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 05:35:50 PM »
Because some people think the reason women's sports aren't popular is because there's a stigma attached to them "you play like a girl" etc. Spend 5 minutes watching a WNBA game and you'll see the real reason some women's sports aren't popular.

There are some women's sports that should be more popular, like volleyball and gymnastics, but those don't draw viewers unless there's Gold on the line.
Edited to make a good post.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 07:04:10 PM »
Edna likes WNBA and dislikes gymnastics. Proving he's a giant dumbass.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 07:58:12 PM »
I'm all in on the USWNT soccer. I'm also a big fan of the women's hockey team members boycotting for equal pay.

I don't know. It just rubs me the wrong way, the commercial, and I don't know why.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 12:29:58 PM »
It is the same point as any commercial from a non profit.  The NCAA is just trying to raise public opinion by saying something that most people agree with: "Hey, we should not discriminate against female sports!"  Doesn't change anything, and it does not advocate to change anything.  I guess the NCAA would get a little financial boost if more female sports were nationally televised, but they certainly don't want to draw any attention away from male athletics at all.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 01:06:18 PM »
:bwpopcorn:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 02:03:35 PM »
I do not agree with this commercial because non-athletes also play sports.