Author Topic: Question for the ultra right posters  (Read 8093 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Question for the ultra right posters
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 01:56:22 PM »
we should have a look at the leaders, as they should have the most influence on how good/bad their followers are

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/5d8zop/serious_people_who_have_met_or_dealt_with_donald/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/5dbxk1/serious_people_who_have_met_or_dealt_with_hillary/

(cliffnotes: everything about trump is amazing, everything about hillary is polite but meh. but let's not forget her "get that rough ridin' dog away from me" story)

to answer lib's question though, i wish i could be at that border wall to crap on every illegal immigrant's faces. just kidding. i'd mock and laugh at them though.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2017, 01:57:24 PM »
Dax, I'm not sure you believe in anything as you never mention it. It seems your sole goal when it comes to politics is to just cut down liberals.

First :D

Second, probably my favorite daxian thing to do is bitch about people making things hyper-partisan, and that liberals are the the main culprit of it, and then promptly making something hyper-partisan. Probably my favorite trick he does, next to calling people names.

He used "sole" correctly there, so . . .

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2017, 01:57:54 PM »
we should have a look at the leaders, as they should have the most influence on how good/bad their followers are

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/5d8zop/serious_people_who_have_met_or_dealt_with_donald/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/5dbxk1/serious_people_who_have_met_or_dealt_with_hillary/

(cliffnotes: everything about trump is amazing, everything about hillary is polite but meh. but let's not forget her "get that rough ridin' dog away from me" story)

to answer lib's question though, i wish i could be at that border wall to crap on every illegal immigrant's faces. just kidding. i'd mock and laugh at them though.

Pretty good answer
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 02:53:41 PM »
Hillary sounds awful.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 02:55:09 PM »
Hillary sounds awful.
She's dying, so I can only imagine.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2017, 03:01:21 PM »
She'd probably already be dead if she would have won.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2017, 03:03:38 PM »
Donald/Bill would be great running mates the next go around

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2017, 03:06:08 PM »
Dax, I'm not sure you believe in anything as you never mention it. It seems your sole goal when it comes to politics is to just cut down liberals.

Second, probably my favorite daxian thing to do is bitch about people making things hyper-partisan, and that liberals are the the main culprit of it, and then promptly making something hyper-partisan. Probably my favorite trick he does, next to calling people names.

Waiting for the end of your commentary

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2017, 03:09:07 PM »

Waiting for the end of your commentary

so I don't get the  :D

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2017, 03:20:41 PM »
Dax is dax. He can't handle unpartisan comments. Obviously the man owns no mirrors.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2017, 03:26:32 PM »
Serious answer: I've come to understand that one's political ideology is not really a matter of intelligence. I know plenty of bright, successful liberals who function perfectly well in their everyday lives. But start talking politics and we're looking at each other like we're from different planets. Our priorities are totally different. I'm concerned about things like economic prosperity, the rule of law, and the right to life. They're really concerned about whether a Christian bakery can refuse to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple, or whether a mentally disturbed high school student who thinks he's a woman can shower in the women's locker room. I don't think it's fair that I should have to pay a higher percentage of taxes just because I've achieved more success - liberals have a totally different definition of "fair." Etc. etc.

Whether nature or nurture, our brains are just wired differently. So I stopped calling liberals "libtards" because it doesn't accomplish anything and it doesn't have anything to do with intelligence - I cannot change the lens through which you view the world. You want to think I'm horrible, greedy, selfish person without conscience? Ok, go ahead and think that. I give a lot of time and money to charities which I think are far more effective than any government program. But think what you want.

You tried but trying to simplify a left leaning perspective down to cake baking and bathrooms made your whole commentary fall apart. 

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2017, 03:28:15 PM »
Serious answer: I've come to understand that one's political ideology is not really a matter of intelligence. I know plenty of bright, successful liberals who function perfectly well in their everyday lives. But start talking politics and we're looking at each other like we're from different planets. Our priorities are totally different. I'm concerned about things like economic prosperity, the rule of law, and the right to life. They're really concerned about whether a Christian bakery can refuse to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple, or whether a mentally disturbed high school student who thinks he's a woman can shower in the women's locker room. I don't think it's fair that I should have to pay a higher percentage of taxes just because I've achieved more success - liberals have a totally different definition of "fair." Etc. etc.

Whether nature or nurture, our brains are just wired differently. So I stopped calling liberals "libtards" because it doesn't accomplish anything and it doesn't have anything to do with intelligence - I cannot change the lens through which you view the world. You want to think I'm horrible, greedy, selfish person without conscience? Ok, go ahead and think that. I give a lot of time and money to charities which I think are far more effective than any government program. But think what you want.

*music from West Wing crescendos*

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2017, 03:38:00 PM »

You tried but trying to simplify a left leaning perspective down to cake baking and bathrooms made your whole commentary fall apart.

I have two examples of things liberals place a high importance on that I don't. I wasn't simplifying liberalism down to those two issues. Stop acting like a jerk.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2017, 03:42:59 PM »

I have two examples of things liberals place a high importance on that I don't. I wasn't simplifying liberalism down to those two issues. Stop acting like a jerk.

Your commentary of "I'm concerned about things like economic prosperity, the rule of law, and the right to life."  And the left being concerned about cake baking and bathrooms sounded like a jerk to me. I lean more left and I'm also concerned about economic prosperity, rule of law, and right to life...And I think everybody on the left hold each of those things in high importance.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2017, 03:48:16 PM »
They're really concerned about whether a Christian bakery can refuse to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple, or whether a mentally disturbed high school student who thinks he's a woman can shower in the women's locker room.

If the left was the only party concerned about these things then they wouldn't be ongoing issues.

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2017, 04:15:02 PM »

So what is "fair" to you? 

Is it fair that not everybody starts on the same ladder rung?  How can someone compare their perceived success against someone who was born into destitute conditions?

Is it fair that people will die today because of preexisting conditions or the fact they can't afford the ridiculous cost of health insurance?  Does "right to life" only come into play for the unborn and people that can afford to live?

Is it fair that people smart enough to go to college can't because they cannot afford the bill(which again largely goes back to the situation they were born in and nothing of their own fault)?

What "rules of law"  All laws?  laws that you agree with, since there are obviously laws that you don't agree with.  religious law?

How do you feel about equal opportunity for everyone regardless of your starting point, race, religion, orientation, etc..?  Isn't that the foundation of America?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2017, 06:06:29 PM »
I don't want to hijack this thread by having prolonged debates over a myriad of issues so I'll just respond briefly and you can have the last word. I won't convince you anyway.

So what is "fair" to you? 

Is it fair that not everybody starts on the same ladder rung?  How can someone compare their perceived success against someone who was born into destitute conditions?

Life isn't fair, but you're not making it fairer by taking from one person to give to another. Everyone strives to provide a better life for their kids, and the government doesn't have the right to say "it's really not fair that your kids are starting off in a better position." The fairest system is the one that provides the most opportunity and prosperity, and that is capitalism my friend. Hands down.

Is it fair that people will die today because of preexisting conditions or the fact they can't afford the ridiculous cost of health insurance?  Does "right to life" only come into play for the unborn and people that can afford to live?

It's fair that people be accountable for their own stupid decisions, or if they're truly unlucky as opposed to just irresponsible we help them out. Which we're already doing. Conservatives are not anti-healthcare - they think the best way to provide it is to make healthcare less expensive and more available, and the free market is best equipped to do that. Charity and a basic social safety net fill in the gaps.

Is it fair that people smart enough to go to college can't because they cannot afford the bill(which again largely goes back to the situation they were born in and nothing of their own fault)?

Who runs colleges? That's right - liberals byband large. Liberals, and the absurd student loan policy, are why college is so expensive. But at least if you're smart, you can get scholarships and there are plenty of schools, particularly community colleges that are very affordable. This was probably your silliest question.

What "rules of law"  All laws?  laws that you agree with, since there are obviously laws that you don't agree with.  religious law?

Yes, all laws. Conservatives believe the executive should enforce the laws - not just the ones they like - and judges should interpret laws based upon how they are written - not the outcome the judge would like to achieve. Liberals simply do not believe this.

"Religious law"? You mean like Sharia? The United States is governed by the Constitution and the laws passed by our legislatures created by that Constitution. As a society, we must all adhere to one set of laws. You are free to adhere to whatever additional laws your religion mandates, and the government must show a compelling interest to trump said laws. But it can and does where appropriate.

How do you feel about equal opportunity for everyone regardless of your starting point, race, religion, orientation, etc..?  Isn't that the foundation of America?

Yes. Conservatives very much believe in equal opportunity. But we have a different way to achieve that. See point 1. Liberals take a different approach. They support things like affirmative action, by which the government picks winners and losers.

But convincing a liberal of any of things is futile. The only saving grace is that many, not all, liberals do become more conservative as they get older, become more experienced, and have more skin in the game. Again, certainly not all.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:16:11 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2017, 07:01:29 PM »
So mark ksuw down for no conscience?

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2017, 07:09:19 PM »
We live in a country where anyone can be given up for adoption, be raised in a foster home with people who may or may not give an eff about them, yet have available to them all the opportunity anyone needs.

If a person does just a few things they can't help but succeed in this country.

1. Give 100% at school, show up everyday and complete your assignments

2. Apply for student loans, rinse and repeat for college.

3. Complete steps 1 and 2 prior to impregnating or becoming impregnated.

4. Abstain from drugs and alcohol.

It's really this simple, if you don't care enough to excecute these steps there could be consequences.  Everyone has these opportunities, and are also free to blaze their own path.  If you eff this up, you even have the opportunity to try again.  It's a great country
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2017, 07:15:26 PM »
Appreciate Roger Marshall chiming in

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2017, 08:50:52 PM »

Your commentary of "I'm concerned about things like economic prosperity, the rule of law, and the right to life."  And the left being concerned about cake baking and bathrooms sounded like a jerk to me. I lean more left and I'm also concerned about economic prosperity, rule of law, and right to life...And I think everybody on the left hold each of those things in high importance.

:impatient:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2017, 10:04:13 PM »

:impatient:

Sorry didn't realize a response was warranted. You evidently think you've made a compelling point. Alright then, briefly...

Let's start with "liberals hold the right to life in high importance." You can't be serious. Democrats are the party of abortion. I can see the response now "yeah well, I mean, besides that - we're pro-life because as long as you aren't aborted we want to give you free healthcare and stuff."

Ok, economic prosperity. Sure, liberals can allude to that, but it takes a back seat to and is incompatible with the Dems' redistributive "fairness" objectives. It bear mentioning that Bernie freaking Sanders, who would have been the Dem nominee but for Clinton's COLUSION with the DNC, was an avowed socialist who once remarked how unnecessary it seemed to have an aisle full of deodorant choices. Barrack Obama admitted that he supported a capital gains tax increase out of "fairness" even though his own advisors warned it would adversely impact investment and economy.

Finally rule of law. Again, you've got to be kidding, right? The Dems have weaponized the judicial system, relying upon liberal judges to create the laws they can't pass through the legislature. Obama suspends enforcement of immigration laws for entire swaths of people far in excess of any possible "prosecutorial discretion" (courts thankfully enjoined that craziness). Worse, the Dem nominee for president ran all her classified emails through a private server to dodge FOIA requests, lied about it repeatedly, and Dems defended her and nearly landed her in the WH anyway. How pathetic.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2017, 10:10:03 PM »
 :whistle1:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2017, 10:17:38 PM »
I didn't think I had a compelling point, but I did think you could recognize that republicans don't singularly own the principles of economic prosperity, right to life, and rule of law.  Sure we may disagree on where those are most important and how best each of those are accomplished but when you try and claim that those are only conservative values while in the same sentence say liberal values are no more important than cake bakers serving gays and bathroom choices, in your supposedly "serious answer", I thought you could be a little more fair in that comparison.  Either give a serious answer or a gE answer, not combine them.

To your arguments, right to life doesn't end at childbirth, economic prosperity isn't only clearing the way for the 1%, and rule of law...I wouldn't use politicians actions on either side as proof or disproof of that...especially given who are current president is.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2017, 10:52:21 PM »
Not banning Trans people from using the restroom of their choice